Re: Mobile library for barcodes?

2017-01-31 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Devin in case you need this for Android, Monte built an Android version of merZXing (mergZXing-android-1-2 available to Indy/Business licence holders) which works fine Dave ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit

Re: Converting scripts in stacks to script only stack behaviors

2017-02-05 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Thank you Trevor - a really nice video! I’ve been using script-only stacks for a while for code libraries, never realised how easy it was to use them to effectively make ‘script-only behaviors’ :) Kind regards Dave ___ use-livecode mailing list

Re: Creating LiveCode applications that play well with version control software

2017-02-05 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Wow this is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing what you’ve done, it really is remarkable Kind regards Dave ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription

RE: Android Keyboard Activation Issue

2017-01-13 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Hmm - Dan both Andrew and I appear to create native inputs on opening the card so that when the user touches the native control it's ready to go. You appear to create the native control at the same time the user touches the underneath field? (or maybe you have a round-rect graphic or similar that

Re: Android Keyboard Activation Issue

2017-01-12 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Hi Dan - is your native control multi-line? If so the dictionary says mobileControlDo multi-line text input specific actions are for iOS only. I use a 'send' command to create native controls in the openCard handler in 500ms which works in iOS and Android. When I have more than on native input on

Re: Blowfish digest , how to create in Livecode

2017-03-28 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Mathias I use blowfish from within LiveCode … but no blowfishdigest that I know of: encrypt pPayload using "bf" with password tPassword at 128 bit put it into tPayload Dave ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit

Re: Xcode version for iOS 10.2.1 and LC 9.0.0 dp6

2017-03-28 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Bill the following is from the Release Notes for LiveCode 8.1.3 (located inside the ‘Guide’ bit of the new dictionary) Dave iOS iOS deployment is possible when running LiveCode IDE on a Mac, and provided Xcode is installed and has been set in LiveCode Preferences (in the Mobile Support

Re: Help test please? GoLiveNet in v9

2017-03-16 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Works very nicely with LC8.1.3 and 9.0.0(dp6) on mac 10.12.3 Dave ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:

Re: Downloads - Immodest Proposal

2017-04-13 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
‘Confusion' being an understatement, it would have swiftly caused shock and horror :) Dave >> (I was going to joke around a bit for those who are familiar with the >> original "Modest Proposal" in literature, but I'm not sure if that >> work is still popular these days so I decided not to.)

Re: Remote debugger

2017-03-04 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Nope I can’t get this working in iOS or Android :( however it does fire in the iOS simulator http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19367 ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe

Re: Remote debugger

2017-03-04 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Thanks Jacque - but I’m not convinced that’s it - I set that (for android) plus Internet, Remote Debugger - and have tried various combinations of including and not including tsNet - and have rebooted by mac and router … but I don’t think I tried making wifi required for iOS, will try that in

Re: Livecode on iPod

2017-07-16 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
I’ve used www.getudid.io in the past and sometimes received non-functioning UDIDs - and bad UDIDs are a pain to deal with… Of course maybe the website works now - however I recommend that people connect their iOS devices to a machine running the latest version of iTunes

Re: [ANN] Release 8.1.5

2017-07-10 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
@Panos LC 8.1.5 builds OK for iOS here: OS X: 10.12.5 Xcode: 8.3.3 Dave > @Paul > Thanks for the feedback > > @Mike > After the LiveCode Global on Thursday, I'll update my Mac to Sierra > 10.12.5, to see if this is related. > > > > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Paul Hibbert via

85% - nail biting finish

2017-07-06 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Come on you last-minute-people, if you are going to help the time is now! We have 11 minutes to raise $1,970 The url is https://livecode.com/project/datagrid2/ - don’t leave it too late! Kind regards Dave > Are you watching this guys? I cannot move

Re: Submitting to the #%^%#? App Store

2017-07-05 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Ah yes - one of the biggest GOTCHA’s there is when working on Apple certification… I’ve found the best approach is to keep my dev machine scrupulously clean as regards old certificates, and a session with Keychain Access pays dividends. The same thing goes as regards old provisioning profiles

Re: Subject: Re: Don't amputate numberformat

2017-04-24 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Do you guys know about Hugh Senior’s Field Formatter? http://www.flexiblelearning.com/fieldformatter/ Dave ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to

Re: How do we access the clipboard on mobile devices?

2017-06-26 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
OK good, the visible bits of a native field (border, background colour etc) could all be provided by background graphics so when you switch fields no visible change can be seen - you might even be able to use the inputTextChanged message instead of a button which the user has to press BTW

Re: How do we access the clipboard on mobile devices?

2017-06-26 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Jonathan if you use a native field you can access it’s contents (which a user could have pasted into it) via something like the inputEndEditing message, and from there hide/delete the native field, reveal a LiveCode field, place the relevant data into it etc etc - would this help your

Re: How do we access the clipboard on mobile devices?

2017-06-27 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
+1, Jonathan use what works for you in your situation - glad you got a solution you’re happy with Dave > > No judgment from me on this. On the contrary, most development mixes > languages from time to time, and I think it can be instructive to > observe where the dividing lines of natural

Re: LC Global - my experience

2017-06-16 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Yes I also thought it was great for all the reasons others have mentioned :) I was lucky enough to have some other LiveCoders here and we watched (some of the sessions) together - but I also do miss the chatting with bigger crowds of LiveCoders See you all at the next one! Dave

Re: xCode ??? version

2017-05-03 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
tldr - don’t use Xcode 8.3 yet, you can still build for iOS 10.3 Bill the Release Notes are a good place to check such issues. The following is an extract for release notes for LiveCode 8.1.4(rc1) iOS iOS deployment is possible when running LiveCode IDE on a Mac, and provided Xcode is

Re: [off]8/8+/X

2017-09-13 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
+1 yep, it’s comin… Dave > I'd say LC should be putting some more effort into Android. I feel even > more of a shift coming. ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage

Re: Sending a message to users that floats above everything

2017-08-21 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Jonathan - how about a toast? (on Android that is), I haven’t tested it but I would assume it would appear above a browser… Monte did an external some time ago (mergAndroid I think) that I’m pretty sure included support for toasting :) Kind regards Dave

RE: [ANN] Important: New release of LiveCode 8.1.6

2017-08-31 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
+1 from me - the LiveCode team have been MEGA - thank you all!! Kind regards Dave > > I would like to thank Panos, Mark et al. This is the type of support that the > big boys can't(or won't) give. > > Ralph DiMola > IT Director > Evergreen Information Services > [hidden email] >

Re: remote debugging just stopped being available.

2017-09-04 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
I have never been able to get it working (except in iOS simulator) - in the past I’ve tried all sorts of things (including booking a session at my local Apple shop to see if they could find any problem with the bluetooth etc on my mbp and various iOS devices - never a glimmer of anything -

Re: Livecode Content Management System

2017-12-03 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Well of course if you put it that way I don’t want to do anything to discourage exploration, let a 1,000 flowers bloom etc and I’d love to see a LC CMS However our community IS a lot smaller than Python’s... Kind regards Dave Richard Gaskin wrote: > revIgniter is one of the best open source

Re: Shout Out to dev@livecode

2017-12-17 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Well said Roger Thank you team, we appreciate the amazing stuff you do! Kind regards Dave > I was rummaging around in RevOnline i.e. Sample Stacks looking for new ideas > to play with and I ran across Bouncing Balls by [hidden email] >

Re: [ANN] Release 8.1.9 RC-1

2017-12-19 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Excellent Excellent Excellent Dave Mike Kerner via use-livecode < > Excellent. > > On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 8:54 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode < > use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote: > > Well, short answer is "quite soon, before Christmas" :) > > > > On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 1:48

Re: JSON import error

2017-11-03 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node=4720553=0>> > > wrote: > > > > On 11/2/17 6:52 AM, Dave Kilroy via use-livecode wrote: > >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging > >> <https://en.wikipedia.org

Re: The coming of SVG

2017-11-05 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Hmm tricky this naming business isn’t it! My take on this is that it would be better to have a modifier for an existing control name rather than baptise a new control name to join what we already have (especially as it sounds like what Mark has done to to create a ‘superImage’ / ‘superGraphic’

RE: Announcing our first Livecode app in the iOS App Store

2017-11-02 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Congratulations on the health informatics app! Occasionally I need to do mappings to ICD-10 so I’ll definitely check out your app... Kind regards Dave ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to subscribe,

Re: JSON import error

2017-11-02 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription

Re: Livecode Content Management System

2017-12-03 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Hi Alex My instinct would be to build on revIgniter rather than start another (possibly competing) project - I would be much more likely to contribute to an enriched revIgniter than to two disjointed projects My two penneth… Kind regards Dave Alex Tweedly wrote: > I'm looking for

Re: Android Filing System using LC9

2017-10-30 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Hi Peter I’ve just done a new test build for my Galaxy S7Android (running Android 7) using LC 9.0.0 (dp10) and I’m able to transfer files from ‘engine’ to ‘documents’ and to write to ‘documents’. I’ve never had to manually add “Android” and have found specialFolderPath() to be solid for my

Re: URGENT: MergGoogle no longer works on iOS: CLIENTS VERY UNHAPPY

2018-05-02 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Sean this sounds like a nightmare. Awful you've been affected like this. But please just go for a long walk by the cliffs without jumping off! Kind regards Dave - "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time." Peter M. Brigham --

RE: Gofundme posted in the Forums

2018-05-03 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Well done Lagi Sean hang in there Kind regards Dave - "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time." Peter M. Brigham -- Sent from: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html

Re: The coming of SVG

2018-01-05 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Brilliant thanks Mark! :) Kind regards Dave - "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time." Peter M. Brigham -- Sent from: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html

Re: iOS Profile Menu

2018-01-08 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Roger, I find it saves my sanity (and keeps things tidy) if I zap old provisioning profiles before getting Xcode to install new ones - you should find them on your system at the location below: /Users/[userName]/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles Dave - "The first 90% of the task

Re: Mac 64 bit?

2018-01-05 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
+1 LC9 is stable as far as I’m concerned and has been for many months, I’m using it for development and deployment Kind regards Dave PS: it’s also a pain to have to delete and reapply widgets when moving back and forth between LC8 and 9… > One more reason to use the most recent build

Re: The coming of SVG

2018-01-05 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Hi - anyone got news on 'VectorIcon' or whatever it's going to be called? I was thinking it would arrive with LC (dp11) but it didn't When using Mark's external that he shared on LC Global I can get it working in the IDE but it's a no-show on an iOS device (amongst other errors I get "864,7,1

Re: The coming of SVG

2018-01-05 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
he he - that should be "svg compiler" Dave - "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time." Peter M. Brigham -- Sent from: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html

Re: Anyone else got two-monitor issues with LC9 on Mac?

2018-01-15 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Hi all - this is how I arrange my screens (also pretty much how they are physically) I'm running a 2014 15" mbp on High Sierra and my two external monitors are the special LG 5k ones (with thunderbolt 2

Re: post to cgi, JSON in Headers?

2018-02-01 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Klaus I wonder if he wants you to let the server know what kind of data you'll be sending up, it's not uncommon to set the headers this way when posting data to an API: put "Content-Type: application/json" into tHeaders set httpHeaders to tHeaders Good luck! Dave Nicolas Cueto via

Re: Livecode.com server down

2018-02-15 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
What Heather told me the last time this happened was to: a) disconnect your development machine from the internet b) launch LiveCode (it opens in offline mode) c) reconnect your development machine to the internet d) continue making awesome apps with LC - "The first 90% of the task takes

Re: Voice Comparison in LiveCode?

2017-12-28 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Hi Peter Yep what you are trying to do is indeed not easy if you want it to work on your friend’s Amazon tablet Are you not tempted to use ‘standard’ voice-to-text on Android or iOS as per your method b and then buying your friend a non-crippled droid tablet? If the answer is “no i want to

Re: [ANN] Release 9.0.0 DP-11

2017-12-22 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Thank you all LiveCode workers - Merry Christmas to you all Kind regards Dave ___ use-livecode mailing list use-livecode@lists.runrev.com Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:

Re: [ANN] Release 9.0.1 RC-1

2018-07-09 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Thank you all LiveCode staffers - appreciate the many Android bug fixes Kind regards Dave - "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time." Peter M. Brigham -- Sent from:

Re: tsNet documentation

2018-03-07 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Thank you Charles - these look really useful, they'll help me use your external better - smashing! As soon I have spare brain cells I'll view them all... Kind regards Dave - "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time." Peter M.

Re: Release 9.0.0 RC-1

2018-03-14 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Well done all of you at LiveCode! RC-1 looks great and a 'great leap forward' from 8 (which was itself a great leap forward etc...) I don't have enough time to have a good play with it at the moment but am looking forward to doing so :) BTW, in the last week using 9.0.0-dp11 I've built and

Re: Digital Pomegranate

2018-04-23 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Great news! :) - "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time." Peter M. Brigham -- Sent from: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html ___ use-livecode

invitation to an openEHR conference that'll feature a LiveCode-built app

2018-03-27 Thread Dave Kilroy via use-livecode
Apologies for cross posting... Those of you who don't use the forum please consider clicking this link: http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=30=30799=165512#p165512 Those of you who do use the form - you'll have already seen the thread and can move on... Kind regards Dave Kilroy