Re: setTextEncoding on JavascriptResourceReferences/CssResourceReferences

2012-03-15 Thread Martin Grigorov
Hi,

I also think this is not easy to do at the moment. Please file a ticket.
The only way at the moment I see is to override + copy/paste
org.apache.wicket.request.resource.PackageResourceReference#getResource()
and then override
org.apache.wicket.request.resource.AbstractResource#setResponseHeaders()
for the returned IResource. Not nice at all...

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM, exaptis david.loid...@gmail.com wrote:
 Hi,

 i'm currently dealing with an encoding issue in wicket 1.5.4. When accessing
 js or css files the content-type header information only includes the
 content-type but not the encoding, but all our html files are send with the
 correct content-type header information.
 curl has the following output:

 *curl -I -k
 https://localhost/wicket/resource/com.sample.wicket.resources.js.ResourcesJsScope/sample.js
 *HTTP/1.1 200 OK
 Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
 Last-Modified: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:14:39 GMT
 Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:46:55 GMT
 Expires: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:46:55 GMT
 Cache-Control: public
 Cache-Control: max-age=31536000
 Pragma: cache
 Content-Disposition: inline
 Content-Type: application/javascript
 Content-Length: 1285

 As some of our js and css files are included from different sources we can't
 influence the sites encoding and therefore it's necessary to deliver these
 files with the proper charset in the content-type.

 Content-Type: *application/javascript;charset=UTF8*

 Now i was searching for a solution to solve this problem in wicket. I found
 out that the AbstractResource.ResourceResponse class has a class member
 textEncoding which is used for rendering the header response, but i didn't
 find a way to set it by using the provided Javascript/Css Resources (as they
 are automatically generated by their *ResourceReference classes). This link
 seemed to be good, but doesn't provide a global solution as i'm looking for
 a global setting to set utf-8 for all css/js resources at once.

 http://blog.sonxurxo.com/2011/04/06/setting-character-encoding-for-json-in-apache-wicket/

 The second link I found (and my current solution) is to implement it via a
 spring filter. It seems to work and i'm okay with this solution - but I
 really would like to know how to archive the same effect in wicket?

 http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?14063-How-to-set-setCharacterEncoding-on-Request


 Cheers,
 David






 --
 View this message in context: 
 http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/setTextEncoding-on-JavascriptResourceReferences-CssResourceReferences-tp4472204p4472204.html
 Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

 -
 To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscr...@wicket.apache.org
 For additional commands, e-mail: users-h...@wicket.apache.org




-- 
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

-
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscr...@wicket.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-h...@wicket.apache.org



Re: setTextEncoding on JavascriptResourceReferences/CssResourceReferences

2012-03-15 Thread exaptis
Hi Martin,

thank you for your reply. Followed your advise, and filled a ticket:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4457

Cheers,
David

--
View this message in context: 
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/setTextEncoding-on-JavascriptResourceReferences-CssResourceReferences-tp4472204p4475232.html
Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

-
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscr...@wicket.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-h...@wicket.apache.org