If you did not get default UI step then it means you already have the
default UI installed. It's defined in
Either someone else already upgraded the UI or you made a mistake when
you upgraded the WAR and it think you still have
Hi XWiki users,
Recently (in XWiki 8.2) we’ve changed the home page content to try to make it a
nicer introduction to XWiki and to make it simpler for users to edit it and
change it to their liking.
Right now it’s translated only in 3 languages: English, French and Catalan.
We need your help
I have successfully installed xwiki on Ubuntu 16.06 Server as a deb
package using Java JDK instead of JRE. It seemed to be working fine.
I've been able to open xwiki without any problems.
Then I want to put /manager app for tomcat7 engine. I used apt-get for
this task. Now I can use
Oh, you are going to want to strangle me (and I give you permission).
We use a hardlink to switch the folders (we don't an actual WAR deployment,
for various reasons), and someone in my process I either forgot to switch
or switched back to 8.2.1. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.
I'm the only one that knows how to update it, so I know it can't be the former,
but the latter, I'm not sure what I could have made a mistake on. Since the DW
did not launch initially, plus this latest symptom, I guess something did go
wrong. My process is pretty simple, and the only thing we
I don't understand. The pom.xml file comes with the WAR file I downloaded,
correct?. I made no alterations to anything except the XML files in the
root of WEB-INF and the MySQL driver (JAR) file. If pom.xml not from the
right version, then that means the WAR file has the wrong version. If that
Again XWiki get the current version from this file and you are the
only one reporting issue with upgrade it so I'm trying to understand
what is wrong.
So if this file is right then it means DW think the UI is already
installed, what do you have in Admin -> Installed Extensions ?
Is there any
As I said you should check that
is the one from the right version.
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Keith Davis wrote:
> I'm the only one that knows how to update it, so I know it can't be the
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Mario
> Our documentation subwiki is multilingual, english and german.
> Unfortunately, at the moment only some pages are translated, some exist in
> german only, some in english only (doh!).
> If a user is using german
Installed extensions (I'm guessing that all of the 8.2.1 extensions should
be upgraded, but when I run the updater, it finds none):
XWiki Platform - Scheduler - UI 8.2.1
XWiki Platform - Invitation - UI 8.2.1
Dashboard Application 8.2.1
CKEditor Integration 1.8.3
Try to delete C:\opt\tomcat7\data\cache\extension\ folder and delete
the status.xml file again (or ideally restore the original status.xml
you had before you delete it the first time).
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Keith Davis wrote:
> Installed extensions (I'm
Stopped Tomcat. Deleted C:\opt\tomcat7\data\cache\extension\ and restored
status.xml from 10/7/16 (last version available before the upgrade).
Started Tomcat. No DW. :(
Deleted status.xml. Restarted.
No change. DW ran this time, but same as last time, skipped to #4 and no
Then I'm lost. The status.xml you pasted indicate that it found 8.2.1 WAR.
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Keith Davis wrote:
> Stopped Tomcat. Deleted C:\opt\tomcat7\data\cache\extension\ and restored
> status.xml from 10/7/16 (last version available before the
Glad you found it :)
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 8:39 PM, Keith Davis wrote:
> Oh, you are going to want to strangle me (and I give you permission).
> We use a hardlink to switch the folders (we don't an actual WAR deployment,
> for various reasons), and someone in my
Mail list logo