[Vo]:Buckminsterdodecanitrofullerene Bomb

2015-03-05 Thread Terry Blanton
snip
The buckybomb combines the unique properties of two classes of
materials: carbon structures and energetic nanomaterials. Carbon
materials such as C60 can be chemically modified fairly easily to
change their properties. Meanwhile, NO2 groups are known to contribute
to detonation and combustion processes because they are a major source
of oxygen. So, the scientists wondered what would happen if NO2 groups
were attached to C60 molecules: would the whole thing explode? And
how?

The simulations answered these questions by revealing the explosion in
step-by-step detail. Starting with an intact buckybomb (technically
called dodecanitrofullerene, or C60(NO2)12), the researchers raised
the simulated temperature to 1000 K (700 °C). Within a picosecond
(10-12 second), the NO2 groups begin to isomerize, rearranging their
atoms and forming new groups with some of the carbon atoms from the
C60. As a few more picoseconds pass, the C60 structure loses some of
its electrons, which interferes with the bonds that hold it together,
and, in a flash, the large molecule disintegrates into many tiny
pieces of diatomic carbon (C2). What's left is a mixture of gases
including CO2, NO2, and N2, as well as C2.

Although this reaction requires an initial heat input to get going,
once it's going it releases an enormous amount of heat for its size.
Within the first picosecond, the temperature increases from 1000 to
2500 K. But at this point the molecule is unstable, so additional
reactions over the next 50 picoseconds raise the temperature to 4000
K. At this temperature, the pressure can reach as high as 1200 MPa
(more than 10,000 times normal atmospheric pressure), depending on the
density of the material.



Read more at: 
http://phys.org/news/2015-03-buckybomb-potential-power-nanoscale-explosives.html



Re: [Vo]:excluded LENR science to excellent technology

2015-03-05 Thread Lennart Thornros
Dear Peter,
I was mostly trying to give my two cents about why such an 'heavy'
organization like SR can reward the ambition of nullify a (possible)
progress. The Jante law is a fact and it probably has corresponding
features among other nationalities. Otherwise I have learnt that it does
not differ between nationalities but between individuals.
Yes, there were fewer victims in Scandinavia but it lived and lives an
awful lot more people in Austria / Germany. I do not know that the
Catholics executed more  witches but it would not amaze me as there are
more mysticism in the Catholic church. It would not have happened anywhere,
had it not been because mystical (and fabricated) stories kept the masses
at bay. The church was strong but hardly kind.

I think I heard Mats saying they will be back with more material (the
testers). I agree that they should be reprimanded for not keeping things
going at a better pace. The affiliation with Rossi and his demand for
keeping some issues to himself might play a role here. However, even if
that is understandable they could communicate just that; 'Rossi has not
released the follow up - he has said he will have edited / approved our
follow up DATE'. More communication is better for Parkhomov and everybody
involved. Why make it difficult?.


Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Peter Gluck peter.gl...@gmail.com wrote:

 Dear Lennart,

 I wrote once an essay about witch hunt andI remebered this episode-
 especially for the two boys who told who is witch. It is hystory.
 An interesting aspect is the contribution of Catholics and Protestants to
 the number of exections.
 Sandinavai had say 5,000 victims while Germany Austria and satellies
  50,000

 But the attack of the radio now is strange- it is impossible to
 communicate with the testers. I think they could help the cause and
 Parkhomov.

 Peter

 On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Lennart Thornros lenn...@thornros.com
 wrote:

 Hello Peter,
 I think your conclusion about Swedes is a little too general. Not I feel
 'hit' by your statement about the Torsaker drama from being a Swede.
 However, this happened at the time Sweden was a major powerhouse and ruled
 large part of Europe. This stuff happened all over the world and was a
 result of ignorance and that the religion promoted mysticism.
  I think you have to see this in the light of more modern cultural flaws.
 I responded to Mats about it yesterday saying that the Jante law is still
 in charge. Jante is a short for 'Jag ar inte' (I am not . . . ). A Swede
 following the Jante laws avoids to accept anything that means he is better
 or have a better idea. Proper handling of good news is to say; I have not
 seen anything special and I do not take credit for anything good and as a
 matter of fact those claiming the right to brag about what I do not know
 about- they are lying. In my opinion that is a major hindrance for  new
 things to be accepted. During the time we waited for the result from Lugano
 several people at Vortex suspected that Swedish professors where delaying
 so they could take unfair advantage. I knew that was not the case. There is
 no acceptance for that in Sweden. One better stick to the Jante law and
 admit; 'I am not worthy'. I think it is a way to make sure you do not
 predict wrong about the future. Later on if one is wrong following that law
 you can easily defend your point of view;'I was not going to accept teh
 unclear and tainted result we first heard about - now when we have clear
 status I am all in favor'.
 Maybe I just accept Torsakersprasten - it is less complicated:)

 Best Regards ,
 Lennart Thornros

 www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
 lenn...@thornros.com
 +1 916 436 1899
 202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

 “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a
 commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM

 On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Peter Gluck peter.gl...@gmail.com
 wrote:

 Dear Friends,

 It is about daily news, troubles with the Press, the way out


 http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2015/03/lenr-on-way-from-excluded-science-to.html

 I want to see the days filled with Hot Cat replication tests.

 Peter

 --
 Dr. Peter Gluck
 Cluj, Romania
 http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com





 --
 Dr. Peter Gluck
 Cluj, Romania
 http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com



Re: [Vo]:Re: Rossi/Parkhomov reaction and the hydrogen anion

2015-03-05 Thread Mark Jurich
FYI:

   Ryan was kind enough to reply back and stated that the Alumina Reactor Tube 
had over 0.1” tolerance in diameter inside the SiC Heating Element, so it 
appears that this expansion is not a concern.  When I get some free time, I 
will try to formally go through the analysis and post it here, for future 
design work.

Mark Jurich


From: Mark Jurich 
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 11:06 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com 
Subject: [Vo]:Re: Rossi/Parkhomov reaction and the hydrogen anion

Thanks for the info, Bob.

For the last week, I have been concerned about the Elastic Expansion of the 
Reactor Tube due to the approximately 5000 psi pressure change that could 
occur.  A back-of-the-envelope calculation revealed a 0.010” expansion.  This 
is about an order of magnitude greater than the thermal expansion (If both 
tubes were the same Alumina Material, the thermal expansion would “track” each 
other and essentially cancel, but not the elastic expansion of the Reactor Tube 
due to the pressure.).  If there wasn’t enough Free Tolerance for the Reactor 
Tube to “breathe” it would jam against the alumina heater tube surrounding it, 
creating small pressure points, possibly cracking both tubes.

... I’ll pass this note on to Ryan and perhaps he can rest my fears on this.

- Mark Jurich


From: Bob Higgins 
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 7:39 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com 
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: Rossi/Parkhomov reaction and the hydrogen anion

Ryan Hunt would better to ask this question.  I believe the reactor tube in the 
Bang! experiment was from CoorsTek.  The other dogbone alumina tubes were also 
from CoorsTek.  They have an online store. 

It is the dogbone Lugano HotCat replica that has the heater coil wrapped around 
a second alumina heater tube and then overmolded with the finned convection 
surface.  The design called for a heater tube ID of 7.95mm and a reactor tube 
OD of 6.35mm.  I don't know what the actual tube measurements were.  

However, the Bang! experiment did not use the dogbone as the tube furnace for 
the experiment.  Bob Greenyer had gotten some sample SiC tube heaters that 
could go to very high temperature.  They tried molding one into a dogbone, but 
it was too fragile and just shattered during the molding process.  The 
closed-one-end reactor tube was slipped into the SiC tube heater with no 
convection surface other than the bare SiC heater tube.  I don't know what the 
clearance was for the SiC heater tube, but it was probably about 4-5mm in 
diameter.  The SiC heater could go easily to 1500C, so there was no problem in 
getting the reactor tube as hot as they wanted.  It would have been difficult 
to measure a real COP for that experiment.  The thermocouple was attached to 
the reactor tube and it was also measured using the Williamson pyrometer.  When 
the alumina tube exploded in the Bang! experiment, it completely shattered the 
SiC heater tube around it and that was the last sample.  Future experiments 
will likely be in the dogbone.


On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Mark Jurich jur...@hotmail.com wrote:

  Bob, what was the Free Tolerance between the Reaction Tube OD
  and the Heater Tube ID in the MFMP Bang! Experiment?

  Who was the manufacturer of the alumina tubes?

  Thanks,
  Mark Jurich



Re: [Vo]:excluded LENR science to excellent technology

2015-03-05 Thread Lennart Thornros
Hello Peter,
I think your conclusion about Swedes is a little too general. Not I feel
'hit' by your statement about the Torsaker drama from being a Swede.
However, this happened at the time Sweden was a major powerhouse and ruled
large part of Europe. This stuff happened all over the world and was a
result of ignorance and that the religion promoted mysticism.
 I think you have to see this in the light of more modern cultural flaws. I
responded to Mats about it yesterday saying that the Jante law is still in
charge. Jante is a short for 'Jag ar inte' (I am not . . . ). A Swede
following the Jante laws avoids to accept anything that means he is better
or have a better idea. Proper handling of good news is to say; I have not
seen anything special and I do not take credit for anything good and as a
matter of fact those claiming the right to brag about what I do not know
about- they are lying. In my opinion that is a major hindrance for  new
things to be accepted. During the time we waited for the result from Lugano
several people at Vortex suspected that Swedish professors where delaying
so they could take unfair advantage. I knew that was not the case. There is
no acceptance for that in Sweden. One better stick to the Jante law and
admit; 'I am not worthy'. I think it is a way to make sure you do not
predict wrong about the future. Later on if one is wrong following that law
you can easily defend your point of view;'I was not going to accept teh
unclear and tainted result we first heard about - now when we have clear
status I am all in favor'.
Maybe I just accept Torsakersprasten - it is less complicated:)

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Peter Gluck peter.gl...@gmail.com wrote:

 Dear Friends,

 It is about daily news, troubles with the Press, the way out


 http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2015/03/lenr-on-way-from-excluded-science-to.html

 I want to see the days filled with Hot Cat replication tests.

 Peter

 --
 Dr. Peter Gluck
 Cluj, Romania
 http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com



[Vo]:excluded LENR science to excellent technology

2015-03-05 Thread Peter Gluck
Dear Friends,

It is about daily news, troubles with the Press, the way out

http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2015/03/lenr-on-way-from-excluded-science-to.html

I want to see the days filled with Hot Cat replication tests.

Peter

-- 
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com


Re: [Vo]:excluded LENR science to excellent technology

2015-03-05 Thread Peter Gluck
Dear Lennart,

I wrote once an essay about witch hunt andI remebered this episode-
especially for the two boys who told who is witch. It is hystory.
An interesting aspect is the contribution of Catholics and Protestants to
the number of exections.
Sandinavai had say 5,000 victims while Germany Austria and satellies  50,000

But the attack of the radio now is strange- it is impossible to communicate
with the testers. I think they could help the cause and Parkhomov.

Peter
On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Lennart Thornros lenn...@thornros.com
wrote:

 Hello Peter,
 I think your conclusion about Swedes is a little too general. Not I feel
 'hit' by your statement about the Torsaker drama from being a Swede.
 However, this happened at the time Sweden was a major powerhouse and ruled
 large part of Europe. This stuff happened all over the world and was a
 result of ignorance and that the religion promoted mysticism.
  I think you have to see this in the light of more modern cultural flaws.
 I responded to Mats about it yesterday saying that the Jante law is still
 in charge. Jante is a short for 'Jag ar inte' (I am not . . . ). A Swede
 following the Jante laws avoids to accept anything that means he is better
 or have a better idea. Proper handling of good news is to say; I have not
 seen anything special and I do not take credit for anything good and as a
 matter of fact those claiming the right to brag about what I do not know
 about- they are lying. In my opinion that is a major hindrance for  new
 things to be accepted. During the time we waited for the result from Lugano
 several people at Vortex suspected that Swedish professors where delaying
 so they could take unfair advantage. I knew that was not the case. There is
 no acceptance for that in Sweden. One better stick to the Jante law and
 admit; 'I am not worthy'. I think it is a way to make sure you do not
 predict wrong about the future. Later on if one is wrong following that law
 you can easily defend your point of view;'I was not going to accept teh
 unclear and tainted result we first heard about - now when we have clear
 status I am all in favor'.
 Maybe I just accept Torsakersprasten - it is less complicated:)

 Best Regards ,
 Lennart Thornros

 www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
 lenn...@thornros.com
 +1 916 436 1899
 202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

 “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a
 commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM

 On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Peter Gluck peter.gl...@gmail.com wrote:

 Dear Friends,

 It is about daily news, troubles with the Press, the way out


 http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2015/03/lenr-on-way-from-excluded-science-to.html

 I want to see the days filled with Hot Cat replication tests.

 Peter

 --
 Dr. Peter Gluck
 Cluj, Romania
 http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com





-- 
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com


RE: [Vo]:Investigative journalism rewarded

2015-03-05 Thread Orionworks - Steven Vincent Johnson
I would speculate that SK will also report on this over at NET since he would 
perceive it as another imagined harpoon impaled into is favorite great white 
whale.

 

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

svjart.orionworks.com

zazzle.com/orionworks

 

From: Eric Walker [mailto:eric.wal...@gmail.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 10:56 PM



On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 1:09 AM, Lewan Mats mats.le...@nyteknik.se 
mailto:mats.le...@nyteknik.se  wrote:

 

The scientific news team at Swedish National Radio, SR, received a honorary 
mention a few days ago at the Swedish Rewards for investigative journalism, The 
Golden Spade, for its four part reportage on Swedish researchers' (those who 
made the Lugano measurements) collaboration with the fraudster Andrea Rossi 
(and where also I was a main target).


There is no good deed that goes unpunished.

 

Eric