[webkit-dev] Some landed patches have incorrect date in commit messages and ChangeLog

2010-08-09 Thread Jian Li
Hi, I noticed that several patches landed recently have the incorrect date put in the commit messages and ChangeLog. Please fix the incorrect information in ChangeLog. For the commit messages, anyone know if we can fix them or not? Please make sure the correct date is used when you land your

[webkit-dev] WebKit blog post proposal: Remote debugging with Web Inspector.

2010-08-09 Thread Pavel Feldman
Hi guys, As some of you know, we are working on a remote debugging feature in Web Inspector. There are many good reasons behind the project including the following: - Debugging WebKit on embedded devices - Shaping up a good protocol for ourselves - Introducing external SDKs on top of the

Re: [webkit-dev] Some landed patches have incorrect date in commit messages and ChangeLog

2010-08-09 Thread Fady Samuel
What about the case where between the time you submit the patch and it gets committed, a day passes by...does the commit queue fix this automatically, or does someone have to go back and fix it manually? Fady On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Jian Li jia...@chromium.org wrote: Hi, I noticed

Re: [webkit-dev] Some landed patches have incorrect date in commit messages and ChangeLog

2010-08-09 Thread Eric Seidel
Yes. The commit-queue uses svn-apply which knows how to fix the date using: http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebKitTools/Scripts/VCSUtils.pm#L1231 -eric On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Fady Samuel fsam...@google.com wrote: What about the case where between the time you submit the patch and

Re: [webkit-dev] WebKit blog post proposal: Remote debugging with Web Inspector.

2010-08-09 Thread Joseph Pecoraro
On Aug 9, 2010, at 12:48 PM, Pavel Feldman wrote: See the screencast at http://screencast.com/t/YTI2OTY4YTEt. It has Chromium nightly to the left + WebKit nightly to the right. WebKit nightly connects remotely to Chromium over HTTP on the port 9222 and does remote debugging including DOM

Re: [webkit-dev] Some landed patches have incorrect date in commit messages and ChangeLog

2010-08-09 Thread Evan Martin
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Jian Li jia...@chromium.org wrote: I noticed that several patches landed recently have the incorrect date put in the commit messages and ChangeLog. Please fix the incorrect information in ChangeLog. For the commit messages, anyone know if we can fix them or

Re: [webkit-dev] WebKit blog post proposal: Remote debugging with Web Inspector.

2010-08-09 Thread Josh Roesslein
I would be interested as well in seeing a blog post about this new feature. Very cool stuff, good work! Josh ___ webkit-dev mailing list webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/webkit-dev

Re: [webkit-dev] Canvas performance and memory usage

2010-08-09 Thread David Hyatt
There are other cases as well where you want a copy. Patterns are another example. For example you can create a pattern from another canvas, and I don't think it's supposed to be live if that other canvas later changes. There are examples in SVG as well where patterns are used and I am pretty

Re: [webkit-dev] Fwd: webkit editing rewrite?

2010-08-09 Thread Ojan Vafai
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Maciej Stachowiak m...@apple.com wrote: I think this carries an assumption that the right internal abstractions are necessarily also a sensible public API. I don't know if that is a good assumption. You're right that I was making this assumption. My intuition

[webkit-dev] DOM Mutation Events. WAS: Fwd: webkit editing rewrite?

2010-08-09 Thread Ojan Vafai
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Adam Barth aba...@webkit.org wrote: On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Maciej Stachowiak m...@apple.com wrote: If mutation events tend to break editing, one simple solution is to turn then off within the scope of editing operations and send a single mutation

Re: [webkit-dev] DOM Mutation Events. WAS: Fwd: webkit editing rewrite?

2010-08-09 Thread James Robinson
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Ojan Vafai o...@chromium.org wrote: On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Adam Barth aba...@webkit.org wrote: On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Maciej Stachowiak m...@apple.com wrote: If mutation events tend to break editing, one simple solution is to turn then off

Re: [webkit-dev] DOM Mutation Events. WAS: Fwd: webkit editing rewrite?

2010-08-09 Thread Geoffrey Garen
Hi Ojan. Mutation events are a huge source of crashes and they complicate WebCore code considerably. Indeed. I also think mutation events unnecessarily complicate the API space from a web content author's perspective. Also, I don't see any evidence that mutation events are used much other

Re: [webkit-dev] DOM Mutation Events. WAS: Fwd: webkit editing rewrite?

2010-08-09 Thread Dimitri Glazkov
I am very, very tempted to just get rid of them. As Ojan indicated, the use cases for DOM Mutation events are extremely limited and to me, most of them feel like we should be solving them differently anyway. However, with the introduction of extensions into Chromium and Safari, DOM Mutation

Re: [webkit-dev] DOM Mutation Events. WAS: Fwd: webkit editing rewrite?

2010-08-09 Thread Timothy Hatcher
On Aug 9, 2010, at 7:52 PM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote: I am very, very tempted to just get rid of them. As Ojan indicated, the use cases for DOM Mutation events are extremely limited and to me, most of them feel like we should be solving them differently anyway. However, with the introduction

Re: [webkit-dev] DOM Mutation Events. WAS: Fwd: webkit editing rewrite?

2010-08-09 Thread Geoffrey Garen
As Ojan indicated, the use cases for DOM Mutation events are extremely limited and to me, most of them feel like we should be solving them differently anyway. This is the question I'm most interested in. You say the use cases are limited. How do you know? Are you speaking about when you