Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-15 Thread vince
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 6:10:50 AM UTC-7, Thomas Keffer wrote:
>
> LOL!
>
>>
>>
Just stick it next to a leprechaun logo and call it good.

Forecast for tomorra' is a wee bit'o rain followed by a dram'o sunshine...

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/3b7b50c2-bd9b-4194-a080-9727889eb811%40googlegroups.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-14 Thread Thomas Keffer
LOL!

Sad, but true!

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 6:09 AM V. Kelly Bellis 
wrote:

> [image: no-so-wee-wx.png]
>
>
> On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 10:25:07 AM UTC-4, Thomas Keffer wrote:
>>
>> "WX" is a common abbreviation for "weather."
>>
>> The "wee" part refers to my intention to make it a small, simple utility
>> (as opposed to its predecessor, wview). Unfortunately, it has since grown
>> into nearly as big a monster, albeit with a simpler, more modular
>> architecture.
>>
>> -tk
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 7:22 AM Michi Kaa  wrote:
>>
>>> Well then, I will pronounce it that way. And I don't care what people
>>> around may think when they hear me talking about it without knowing wat it
>>> is :)
>>> And what doest it mean/stand for? My guess is that at least one of the
>>> "W" is related to the noun "weather".
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "weewx-user" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to weewx...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/1cb74dbf-f074-41f6-bcee-d0dc6346dd3a%40googlegroups.com
>>> 
>>> .
>>>
>> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "weewx-user" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/17ed6301-b9c7-481a-b220-bf294b047746%40googlegroups.com
> 
> .
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEB3dxgxXFq889ByCSib%3DxD87RJDUYF5zGPtARB-eKjiYg%40mail.gmail.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-14 Thread V. Kelly Bellis


[image: no-so-wee-wx.png]


On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 10:25:07 AM UTC-4, Thomas Keffer wrote:
>
> "WX" is a common abbreviation for "weather."
>
> The "wee" part refers to my intention to make it a small, simple utility 
> (as opposed to its predecessor, wview). Unfortunately, it has since grown 
> into nearly as big a monster, albeit with a simpler, more modular 
> architecture.
>
> -tk
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 7:22 AM Michi Kaa  > wrote:
>
>> Well then, I will pronounce it that way. And I don't care what people 
>> around may think when they hear me talking about it without knowing wat it 
>> is :)
>> And what doest it mean/stand for? My guess is that at least one of the 
>> "W" is related to the noun "weather".
>>
>> -- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "weewx-user" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to weewx...@googlegroups.com .
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/1cb74dbf-f074-41f6-bcee-d0dc6346dd3a%40googlegroups.com
>>  
>> 
>> .
>>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/17ed6301-b9c7-481a-b220-bf294b047746%40googlegroups.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-13 Thread Thomas Keffer
Coming from you, one of the last of the wview users, that's high praise,
indeed!

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 7:28 AM Graham Eddy  wrote:

> much, much easier to customise!
> 
> *Graham Eddy*
>
> On 13 Aug 2019, at 12:24 am, Thomas Keffer  wrote:
>
> The "wee" part refers to my intention to make it a small, simple utility
> (as opposed to its predecessor, wview). Unfortunately, it has since grown
> into nearly as big a monster, albeit with a simpler, more modular
> architecture.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "weewx-user" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/724A69A0-8415-4C8A-BFCF-C21F7CB0AF36%40gmail.com
> 
> .
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEA90Uw6ZxT1ZJwMq1LRnrOkANJ9JbAYNs8zEj5jGQ2QBw%40mail.gmail.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Graham Eddy
much, much easier to customise!

Graham Eddy

> On 13 Aug 2019, at 12:24 am, Thomas Keffer  wrote:
> 
> The "wee" part refers to my intention to make it a small, simple utility (as 
> opposed to its predecessor, wview). Unfortunately, it has since grown into 
> nearly as big a monster, albeit with a simpler, more modular architecture.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/724A69A0-8415-4C8A-BFCF-C21F7CB0AF36%40gmail.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Thomas Keffer
"WX" is a common abbreviation for "weather."

The "wee" part refers to my intention to make it a small, simple utility
(as opposed to its predecessor, wview). Unfortunately, it has since grown
into nearly as big a monster, albeit with a simpler, more modular
architecture.

-tk

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 7:22 AM Michi Kaa  wrote:

> Well then, I will pronounce it that way. And I don't care what people
> around may think when they hear me talking about it without knowing wat it
> is :)
> And what doest it mean/stand for? My guess is that at least one of the "W"
> is related to the noun "weather".
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "weewx-user" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/1cb74dbf-f074-41f6-bcee-d0dc6346dd3a%40googlegroups.com
> 
> .
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEC3FsA-K5dVJmse9RkODq1Y%2B4Ai7o5AB9w3nsu-Z7%2BMaw%40mail.gmail.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Michi Kaa
Well then, I will pronounce it that way. And I don't care what people 
around may think when they hear me talking about it without knowing wat it 
is :)
And what doest it mean/stand for? My guess is that at least one of the "W" 
is related to the noun "weather".

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/1cb74dbf-f074-41f6-bcee-d0dc6346dd3a%40googlegroups.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Thomas Keffer
I pronounce it "WEE-wix"

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:55 AM Michi Kaa  wrote:

> Well that's probably something similar to the Mitsubishi "Montero" which
> is known as "Pajero" over here, with the difference "wix.com" probably
> doesn't care about it.
>
> But back to topic: @tk how do you say "WeeWX" and is it the same as mwall
> would say it? However you do, I'd take that as "official".
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "weewx-user" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/369d68fe-8353-4195-9347-271a07db8747%40googlegroups.com
> 
> .
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEBnSyTSkY98ycfKaEMQSXWU4_pNEpnHKga6L1m1_bzdeQ%40mail.gmail.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Michi Kaa
Well that's probably something similar to the Mitsubishi "Montero" which is 
known as "Pajero" over here, with the difference "wix.com" probably doesn't 
care about it.

But back to topic: @tk how do you say "WeeWX" and is it the same as mwall 
would say it? However you do, I'd take that as "official".

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/369d68fe-8353-4195-9347-271a07db8747%40googlegroups.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Thomas Keffer
On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 11:59 PM Michi Kaa  wrote:

>
> Where I come from this would most likely be understood as "we masturbate".
>

Makes you wonder about "wix.com".

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEDujK%2B3C6GRHwyBDdQAAAUJz2bRnrFMk7qSoQ7z3-p8aQ%40mail.gmail.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Andrew Milner
I say weewex



On Monday, 12 August 2019 10:00:54 UTC+3, Graham Eddy wrote:
>
> i pronounce it “wee-wux” with short ‘u'
> 
> *Graham Eddy*
>
> On 12 Aug 2019, at 4:49 pm, Michi Kaa  > wrote:
>
> I've searched the docs, the forum, the web.
>
> How is "WeeWX" pronounced?
>
> Or maybe first: Is "WeeWX" pronounced? Or do you simply say "double u e e 
> double u ex?" or "double u double e double u ex?" Is it an abbreviation? An 
> akronym?
>
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "weewx-user" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to weewx...@googlegroups.com .
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/85a5c5e8-c207-401a-8803-047d5bf6c2ab%40googlegroups.com
>  
> 
> .
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/7dac4131-7d40-4631-bd77-98e00a88ce03%40googlegroups.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Graham Eddy
i pronounce it “wee-wux” with short ‘u'

Graham Eddy

> On 12 Aug 2019, at 4:49 pm, Michi Kaa  wrote:
> 
> I've searched the docs, the forum, the web.
> 
> How is "WeeWX" pronounced?
> 
> Or maybe first: Is "WeeWX" pronounced? Or do you simply say "double u e e 
> double u ex?" or "double u double e double u ex?" Is it an abbreviation? An 
> akronym?
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "weewx-user" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com 
> .
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/85a5c5e8-c207-401a-8803-047d5bf6c2ab%40googlegroups.com
>  
> .

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/04534043-A23B-4A7F-AE9B-011C916447F3%40gmail.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread Michi Kaa


Am Montag, 12. August 2019 08:51:54 UTC+2 schrieb monmul:
>
> I pronounce it WeeWix!
>
>
Where I come from this would most likely be understood as "we masturbate". 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/858b3d7b-ba00-44a8-a5d8-034c4d9b8f51%40googlegroups.com.


Re: [weewx-user] How to pronounce "WeeWX"

2019-08-12 Thread dunbrokin
I pronounce it WeeWix!

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:49 PM Michi Kaa  wrote:

> I've searched the docs, the forum, the web.
>
> How is "WeeWX" pronounced?
>
> Or maybe first: Is "WeeWX" pronounced? Or do you simply say "double u e e
> double u ex?" or "double u double e double u ex?" Is it an abbreviation? An
> akronym?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "weewx-user" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/85a5c5e8-c207-401a-8803-047d5bf6c2ab%40googlegroups.com
> 
> .
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"weewx-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to weewx-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAF1oafemLrSSAX2ftKqgiaa3Q7a6v3__SOMGUS9QLhifoA83yQ%40mail.gmail.com.