Re: Missing asprintf()

2008-09-09 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Gisle Vanem [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Why the need for asprintf() in url.c:903? This function is missing on DOS/Win32 and nowhere to be found in ./lib. Wget is supposed to use aprintf, which is defined in utils.c, and is not specific to Unix. It's preferable to use an asprintf-like functions

Re: AW: AW: Problem mirroring a site using ftp over proxy

2008-08-12 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Juon, Stefan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I just noticed these debug messages: ** DEBUG output created by Wget 1.10.2 on cygwin. You are of course aware that this is not the latest Wget (1.11.4)? As mentioned before, recursive download

Re: About Automated Unit Test for Wget

2008-04-06 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I don't see what you see wrt making the code harder to follow and reason about (true abstraction rarely does, AFAICT, I was referring to the fact that adding an abstraction layer requires learning about the abstraction layer, both its concepts and its

Re: About Automated Unit Test for Wget

2008-04-05 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Or did you mean to write wget version of socket interface? i.e. to write our version of socket, connect,write,read,close,bind, listen,accept,,,? sorry I'm confused. Yes! That's what I meant. (Except, we don't need listen, accept; and we only need bind

Re: wget 1.11.1 make test fails

2008-04-04 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Alain Guibert [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: On Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 23:09:52 +0200, Hrvoje Niksic wrote: Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: It's hard for me to imagine an fnmatch that ignores FNM_PATHNAME The libc 5.4.33 fnmatch() supports FNM_PATHNAME, and there is code apparently

Re: wget 1.11.1 make test fails

2008-04-04 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Alain Guibert [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Maybe you could put a breakpoint in fnmatch and see what goes wrong? The for loop intended to eat several characters from the string also advances the pattern pointer. This one reaches the end of the pattern, and points to a NUL. It is not a '*'

Re: Stop the title from changing

2008-04-04 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: My Name? wrote: Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to prevent the title changing... wget is currently nested in another script, and would probally confuse the user as to why the title says wget file location is it possible to retain its former

Re: wget 1.11.1 make test fails

2008-04-03 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Alain Guibert [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: This old system does HAVE_WORKING_FNMATCH_H (and thus SYSTEM_FNMATCH). When #undefining SYSTEM_FNMATCH, the test still fails at the very same line. And then it also fails on modern systems. I guess this points at the embedded src/cmpt.c:fnmatch()

Re: wget 1.11.1 make test fails

2008-04-02 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Alain Guibert [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Hello Micah, On Monday, March 31, 2008 at 11:39:43 -0700, Micah Cowan wrote: could you try to isolate which part of test_dir_matches_p is failing? The only failing src/utils.c test_array[] line is: | { { *COMPLETE, NULL, NULL }, foo/!COMPLETE,

Re: wget 1.11.1 make test fails

2008-04-02 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: It sounds like a libc problem rather than a gcc problem. Try #undefing SYSTEM_FNMATCH in sysdep.h and see if it works then. It's hard for me to imagine an fnmatch that ignores FNM_PATHNAME: I mean, don't most shells rely on this to handle file globbing

Re: wget 1.11.1 make test fails

2008-04-02 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I'm wondering whether it might make sense to go back to completely ignoring the system-provided fnmatch? One argument against that approach is that it increases code size on systems that do correctly implement fnmatch, i.e. on most modern Unixes that we

Re: building on 32 extend 64 arch nix*

2008-03-17 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
mm w [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: #if SIZEOF_VOID_P 4 key += (key 44); key ^= (key 54); key += (key 36); key ^= (key 41); key += (key 42); key ^= (key 34); key += (key 39); key ^= (key 44); #endif this one is minor, the shift count is superior or equal to

Re: wget aborts when file exists

2008-03-13 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Charles [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Hrvoje Niksic [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: It assums, though, that the preexisting index.html corresponds to the one that you were trying to download; it's unclear to me how wise that is. That's what -nc does

Re: wget aborts when file exists

2008-03-12 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: When I tried this in my wget, I got different behavior with wget 1.11 alpha and wget 1.10.2 D:\wget --proxy=off -r -l 1 -nc -np http://localhost/test/ File `localhost/test/index.html' already there; not retrieving. D:\wget110 --proxy=off -r -l 1

Re: Wget 1.11 on a IBM iSeries platform problems No Virus

2008-02-16 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Hrvoje Niksic wrote: I agree that clock_getres itself isn't important. Still, Wget needs to choose a clock that actually works out of several possible clocks allowed by POSIX (and common extensions), so it's advisable to at least attempt to use

Re: Wget 1.11 on a IBM iSeries platform problems No Virus

2008-02-14 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: 2) When I download files from a URL I get the following error: Cannot get REALTIME clock frequency: Invalid argument I can't tell you why that'd happen; Wget falls back to a clock id that should be guaranteed to exist. An erroneous time.h

Re: CS translation fix, p - bp-buffer = bp-width assert

2008-02-09 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: The prerelease still has a potential for crashes: in the Czech locales it will tend to crash if the download is large (or slow) enough to push minutes into the three-digit zone (that is, if it would take 1 hour and 40 minutes). How can minutes get in

Re: wget and sunsolve.sun.com

2008-02-08 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Martin Paul [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Micah Cowan wrote: Then, how was --http-user, --http-passwd working in the past? Those only work with the underlying HTTP authentication protocol (the brower's unattractive popup dialog), which AFAIK can't be affected by CGI forms or JavaScript, etc. I

Re: Prerelease: Wget 1.11.1-b2080

2008-02-04 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Also: the fix to the locale/progress-bar issues resulted in the added use of a couple wide-character/multibyte-related functions, mbtowc and wcwidth. So far Wget has avoided explicit use of wc/mb functions on the account of portability. Fortunately in

Re: [PATCH] Reduce COW sections data by marking data constant

2008-02-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: It is a micro-optimisation, I admit that, but it's not just the indirection the problem. Pointers, and structures containing pointers, need to be runtime-relocated for shared libraries and PIC code (let's assume that shared libraries are

Re: [PATCH] Reduce COW sections data by marking data constant

2008-02-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: On 01/feb/08, at 09:12, Hrvoje Niksic wrote: Even ignoring the fact that Wget is not a shared library, there are ways to solve this problem other than turning all char *foo[] into char foo[][MAXSIZE], which is, sorry, just lame and wasteful

Re: [PATCH] Reduce COW sections data by marking data constant

2008-02-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Note that you could also do all the pointer maths up-front, leaving existing usage code the same, with something like: static const char foo_data[] = one\0two\0three; static const char * const foo = {foo_data + 0, foo_data + 4, foo_data + 8}; I

Re: [PATCH] Reduce COW sections data by marking data constant

2008-02-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Right. What I was meaning to prevent, though, is the need to do: foo[foo_data + foo_idx[i]] and instead do: foo[i] That is why my example had a foo function, which turns foo[i] to foo(i), but otherwise works the same. Using just foo[i] is

Re: wget running in windows Vista

2008-01-31 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Christopher G. Lewis [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: On Vista, you probably have to run in an administrative command prompt. You mean that you need to be the administrator to run Wget? If so, why? Surely other programs managed to access the network without administrator privileges.

Re: Error with wget on AIX5.3

2008-01-23 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Hopkins, Scott [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Worked perfect. Thanks for the help. Actually, I find it surprising that AIX's strdup would have such a bug, and that it would go undetected. It is possible that the problem lies elsewhere and that the change is just masking the real bug. strdup

Re: Error with wget on AIX5.3

2008-01-23 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Hopkins, Scott [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Interesting. Compiled that code and I get the following when running the resulting binary. /var/opt/prj/wget$ strdup_test 20001448 As I suspected. Such an obvious strdup bug would likely have been detected sooner. I appear to have a

Re: Percentage in password

2007-12-15 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Marcus [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Is there some way I can WGET to work with a percentage sign in the password? I.e. WGET ftp://login:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/file.txt Yes, escape the percentage as %25: wget ftp://login:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/file.txt (This is not specific to Wget; '%' is the hex escape

Re: wget -Y0

2007-12-12 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: What's up with the -Y option? IIRC it used to be the option to turn on the use of proxies. I retained it for compatibility because many people were using `-Y on' in their scripts. It might be the time to retire that option and only leave the --no-proxy

Re: Content disposition question

2007-12-10 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Actually, the reason it is not enabled by default is that (1) it is broken in some respects that need addressing, and (2) as it is currently implemented, it involves a significant amount of extra traffic, regardless of whether the remote end actually ends

NEWS file

2007-12-10 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
I've noticed that the NEWS file now includes contents that would previously not have been included. NEWS was conceived as a resource for end users, not for developers or distribution maintainers. (Other GNU software seems to follow a similar policy.) I tried hard to keep it readable by only

GnuTLS

2007-12-10 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
If GnuTLS support will not be ready for the 1.11 release, may I suggest that we not advertise it in NEWS? After all, it's badly broken in that it doesn't support certificate validation, which is one of the most important features of an SSL client. It also doesn't support many of our SSL

Re: Content disposition question

2007-12-10 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I thought the code was refactored to determine the file name after the headers arrive. It certainly looks that way by the output it prints: {mulj}[~]$ wget www.cnn.com [...] HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: unspecified

Re: Wget exit codes

2007-12-09 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Gerard [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: In particular, if Wget chooses not to download a file because the local timestamp is still current, or because its size corresponds to that of the remote file, these should result in an exit status of zero. I disagree. If wget has not downloaded a file,

Re: Wget exit codes

2007-12-09 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
R Kimber [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I agree that Wget should allow the caller to find out what happened, but I don't think exit codes can be of much use there. For one, they don't allow distinction between different successful conditions, which is a problem in many cases. I'm not sure I

Re: fnmatch and non-ASCII characters in .listing

2007-12-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Hrvoje Niksic wrote: A Wget user showed me an example of Wget misbehaving. Hrvoje, do you know if this is a regression over 1.10.2? I don't think so, but it's probably a regression over 1.9.x. In 1.10 Wget started to set up the locale by calling

Re: wget2

2007-11-30 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Mauro Tortonesi [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I vote we stick with C. Java is slower and more prone to environmental problems. not really. because of its JIT compiler, Java is often as fast as C/C++, and sometimes even significantly faster. Not if you count startup time, which is crucial for a

Re: bug on wget

2007-11-21 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: The new Wget flags empty Set-Cookie as a syntax error (but only displays it in -d mode; possibly a bug). I'm not clear on exactly what's possibly a bug: do you mean the fact that Wget only calls attention to it in -d mode? That's what I meant. I

Re: bug on wget

2007-11-20 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I was able to reproduce the problem above in the release version of Wget; however, it appears to be working fine in the current development version of Wget, which is expected to release soon as version 1.11.* I think the old Wget crashed on empty

Re: .1, .2 before suffix rather than after

2007-11-16 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Tony Lewis [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Hrvoje Niksic wrote: And how is .tar.gz renamed? .tar-1.gz? Ouch. OK. I'm responding to the chain and not Hrvoje's expression of pain. :-) What if we changed the semantics of --no-clobber so the user could specify the behavior? I'm thinking it could

Re: .1, .2 before suffix rather than after

2007-11-06 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Andreas Pettersson [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: And how is .tar.gz renamed? .tar-1.gz? Ouch.

Re: .1, .2 before suffix rather than after

2007-11-05 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: It just occurred to me that this change breaks backward compatibility. It will break scripts that try to clean up after Wget or that in any way depend on the current naming scheme. It may. I am not going to commit to never ever changing the current

Re: .1, .2 before suffix rather than after

2007-11-04 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Christian Roche has submitted a revised version of a patch to modify the unique-name-finding algorithm to generate names in the pattern foo-n.html rather than foo.html.n. The patch looks good, and will likely go in very soon. foo.html.n has the advantage

Re: .1, .2 before suffix rather than after

2007-11-04 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Hrvoje Niksic [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Christian Roche has submitted a revised version of a patch to modify the unique-name-finding algorithm to generate names in the pattern foo-n.html rather than foo.html.n. The patch looks good, and will likely go

Re: More portability stuff [Re: gettext configuration]

2007-10-27 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Or getting the definition requires defining a magic preprocessor symbol such as _XOPEN_SOURCE. The man page I found claims that the function is defined by XPG4 and links to standards(5), which explicitly documents _XOPEN_SOURCE. Right. But we set that

Re: More portability stuff [Re: gettext configuration]

2007-10-27 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I can't even begin to fathom why some system would fail to compile in such an event: _XOPEN_SOURCE is a feature request, not a guarantee that you'll get some level of POSIX. Yes, but sometimes the system headers are buggy. Or sometimes they work just

Re: More portability stuff [Re: gettext configuration]

2007-10-26 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Okay... but I don't see the logic of: 1. If the system has POSIX's sigsetjmp, use that. 2. Otherwise, just assume it has the completely unportable, and not even BSDish, siggetmask. Are you sure siggetmask isn't BSD-ish? When I tested that code on

Re: More portability stuff [Re: gettext configuration]

2007-10-26 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I know nothing of VMS. If it's sufficiently different from Unix that it has wildly different alarm/signal facilities, or no alarm/signal at all (as is the case with Windows), then it certainly makes sense for Wget to provide a VMS-specific

Re: More portability stuff [Re: gettext configuration]

2007-10-26 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Daniel Stenberg [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: It is quite possible that the Autoconf test for sigsetjmp yields a false negative. I very much doubt it does, since we check for it in the curl configure script, Note that I didn't mean in general. Such bugs can sometimes show in one program or

Re: More portability stuff [Re: gettext configuration]

2007-10-26 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Note that curl provides the additional check for a macro version in the configure script, rather than in the source; we should probably do it that way as well. I'm not sure how that helps for this, though: if the above test is failing, then either it's a

Re: config-post.h + gnulib breaks separate build dirs

2007-10-20 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Steven Schweda has started some testing on Tru64, and uncovered some interesting quirks; some of them look like flaws I've introduced, and others are bugginess in the Tru64 environment itself. It's proving very helpful. :) Is the exchange off-list or on

Re: config-post.h + gnulib breaks separate build dirs

2007-10-19 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Is there any reason we can't move the contents of config-post.h into sysdep.h, and have the .c files #include wget.h at the top, before any system headers? wget.h *needs* stuff from the system headers, such as various system types. If you take into

Re: Port range option in bind-address implemented?

2007-10-19 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Yes, that appears to work quite well, as long as we seed it right; starting with a consistent X₀ would be just as bad as trying them sequentially, and choosing something that does not change several times a second (such as time()) still makes it likely

Re: config-post.h + gnulib breaks separate build dirs

2007-10-19 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Could you be more specific? AFAICT, wget.h #includes the system headers it needs. Considering the config-post.h stuff went at the top of the sysdep.h, sysdep.h is already at the top of wget.h, OK, it should work then. The reasoning behind my worrying is

Re: version.c take two

2007-10-16 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: version.c: $(wget_SOURCES) $(LDADD) printf '%s' 'const char *version_string = @VERSION@' $@ -hg log -r tip --template=' ({node|short})' $@ printf '%s\n' ';' $@ printf is not portable to older systems, but that may not be a

Re: version.c take two

2007-10-16 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I may take liberties with the Make environment, and assume the presence of a GNU toolset, though I'll try to avoid that where it's possible. Requiring the GNU toolset puts a large burden on the users of non-GNU systems (both free and non-free ones).

Re: version.c take two

2007-10-16 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Alright; I'll make an extra effort to avoid non-portable Make assumptions then. It's just... portable Make _sucks_ (not that non-portable Make doesn't). It might be fine to require GNU make if there is a good reason for it -- many projects do. But

Re: [Patch] Plug some memleaks

2007-10-16 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Note that, technically, those are not leaks in real need of plugging because they get called only once, i.e. they do not accumulate (leak) unused memory. Of course, it's still a good idea to remove them, if nothing else, then to remove false positives

Re: Version tracking in Wget binaries

2007-10-15 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Make my src changes, create a changeset... And then I'm lost... Alright, so you can make your changes, and issue an hg diff, and you've basically got what you used to do with svn. That is not quite true, because with svn you could also do svn commit to

Re: wget default behavior

2007-10-14 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Tony Godshall [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: OK, so let's go back to basics for a moment. wget's default behavior is to use all available bandwidth. And so is the default behavior of curl, Firefox, Opera, and so on. The expected behavior of a program that receives data over a TCP stream is to

Re: PATCHES file removed

2007-10-13 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: FYI, I've removed the PATCHES file. Not because I don't think it's useful, but because the information needed updating (now that we're using Mercurial rather than Subversion), I expect it to be updated again from time to time, and the Wgiki seems to be

Re: Version tracking in Wget binaries

2007-10-12 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Among other things, version.c is now generated rather than parsed. Every time make all is run, which also means that make all will always relink the wget binary, even if there haven't been any changes. I personally find that quite annoying. :-( I hope

Re: working on patch to limit to percent of bandwidth

2007-10-12 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Tony Godshall [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: available bandwidth and adjusts to that. The usefullness is in trying to be unobtrusive to other users. The problem is that Wget simply doesn't have enough information to be unobtrusive. Currently available bandwidth can and does change as new

Re: working on patch to limit to percent of bandwidth

2007-10-12 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Tony Godshall [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: My point remains that the maximum initial rate (however you define initial in a protocol as unreliable as TCP/IP) can and will be wrong in a large number of cases, especially on shared connections. Again, would an algorithm where the rate is

Re: working on patch to limit to percent of bandwidth

2007-10-10 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Jim Wright [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: - --limit-rate will find your version handy, but I want to hear from them. :) I would appreciate and have use for such an option. We often access instruments in remote locations (think a tiny island in the Aleutians) where we share bandwidth with other

Re: working on patch to limit to percent of bandwidth

2007-10-10 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Jim Wright [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I think there is still a case for attempting percent limiting. I agree with your point that we can not discover the full bandwidth of the link and adjust to that. The approach discovers the current available bandwidth and adjusts to that. The

Re: bug in escaped filename calculation?

2007-10-04 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: It is actually illegal to specify byte values outside the range of ASCII characters in a URL, but it has long been historical practice to do so anyway. In most cases, the intended meaning was one of the latin character sets (usually latin1), so Wget was

[fwd] Wget Bug: recursive get from ftp with a port in the url fails

2007-09-17 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
---BeginMessage--- Hi,I am using wget 1.10.2 in Windows 2003.And the same problem like Cantara. The file system is NTFS. Well I find my problem is, I wrote the command in schedule tasks like this: wget -N -i D:\virus.update\scripts\kavurl.txt -r -nH -P d:\virus.update\kaspersky well, after

Re: --post-data encoding

2007-09-03 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
control H [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: After a few hours of headache I found out my --post-data option didn't work as I expected because the data I send has to be URL-escaped. This is not mentioned both in the manpage and inline help. A remark would be helpful. Note that, in general, it

Re: wget 1.10.2 (warnings)

2007-08-24 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Esin Andrey [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Hi! I have downloaded wget-1.10.2 sources and try to compile it. I have some warnings: /|init.c: In function ‘cmd_spec_prefer_family’ init.c:1193: warning: доступ по указателю с приведением типа нарушает правила перекрытия объектов в памяти |/I have

Re: FTP OS-dependence, and new FTP RFC

2007-08-04 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I have a question: why do we attempt to generate absolute paths and such and CWD to those, instead of just doing the portable string-of-CWDs to get where we need to be? I think the original reason was that absolute paths allow crossing from any directory

Re: text/html assumptions, and slurping huge files

2007-08-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I agree that it's probably a good idea to move HTML parsing to a model that doesn't require slurping everything into memory; Note that Wget mmaps the file whenever possible, so it's not actually allocated on the heap (slurped). You need some memory to

Re: text/html assumptions, and slurping huge files

2007-08-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Yes, but when mmap()ping with MEM_PRIVATE, once you actually start _using_ the mapped space, is there much of a difference? As long as you don't write to the mapped region, there should be no difference between shared and private mapped space -- that's

Re: text/html assumptions, and slurping huge files

2007-08-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Actually, I was wrong though: sometimes mmap() _is_ failing for me (did just now), which of course means that everything is in resident memory. I don't understand why mmapping a regular would fail on Linux. What error code are you getting? (Wget tries

Re: Wget and Automake

2007-07-20 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: - Automated packaging and package-testing What packaging does this refer to exactly? - Automatic support for a wide variety of configuration and build scenarios, such as configuring or building from a location other than the source directory tree,

Re: Why --exclude-directories, and not --exclude-paths?

2007-07-19 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I don't know. The reason directories are matched separately from files is because files often *don't* match the pattern you've chosen for directories. For example, -X/etc should exclude anything under /etc, such as /etc/passwd, but also

Re: ignoring robots.txt

2007-07-18 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I think we should either be a stub, or a fairly complete manual (and agree that the latter seems preferable); nothing half-way between: what we have now is a fairly incomplete manual. Converting from Info to man is harder than it may seem. The script

Re: Man pages [Re: ignoring robots.txt]

2007-07-18 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Converting from Info to man is harder than it may seem. The script that does it now is basically a hack that doesn't really work well even for the small part of the manual that it tries to cover. I'd noticed. :) I haven't looked at the script that

Re: No more dev change posts to wget-patches?

2007-07-17 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: I would like for devs to be able to avoid the hassle of posting non-trivial changes they make to the wget-patches list. To my mind, there are two ways of accomplishing this: 1. Make wget-patches a list _only_ for submitting patches for consideration by

Re: Why --exclude-directories, and not --exclude-paths?

2007-07-17 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Someone just asked on the #wget IRC channel if there was a way to exclude files with certain names, and I recommended -X, without realizing that that option excludes directories, not files. My question is: why do we allow users to exclude directories,

Re: Why --exclude-directories, and not --exclude-paths?

2007-07-17 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Yes, but -R has a lesser degree of control over the sorts of pathnames that it can constrain: for instance, if one uses -Rmyprefix*, it will match files myprefix-foo.html and myprefix-bar.mp3; but it will also match notmyprefix.js, which is probably not

Re: wget-patches status?

2007-07-06 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: What is the status of the wget-patches list: is it being actively used/monitored? Does it still serve its original purpose? Mauro and I are subscribed to it. The list served its purpose while Wget was actively maintained. It's up to you whether to

Re: wget-patches status?

2007-07-06 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Mauro and I are subscribed to it. The list served its purpose while Wget was actively maintained. It's up to you whether to preserve it or replace it with a bug tracker patch submission process. Given the low incidence of patch submission, is there any

Re: bug and patch: blank spaces in filenames causes looping

2007-07-05 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Tony Lewis [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: There is a buffer overflow in the following line of the proposed code: sprintf(filecopy, \%.2047s\, file); Wget has an `aprintf' utility function that allocates the result on the heap. Avoids both buffer overruns and arbitrary limits on file name

Re: bug and patch: blank spaces in filenames causes looping

2007-07-05 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Rich Cook [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Trouble is, it's undocumented as to how to free the resulting string. Do I call free on it? Yes. Freshly allocated with malloc in the function documentation was supposed to indicate how to free the string.

Re: bug and patch: blank spaces in filenames causes looping

2007-07-05 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Virden, Larry W. [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Tony Lewis [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Wget has an `aprintf' utility function that allocates the result on the heap. Avoids both buffer overruns and arbitrary limits on file name length. If it uses the heap, then doesn't that open a hole where a

Re: bug and patch: blank spaces in filenames causes looping

2007-07-05 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Rich Cook [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: On Jul 5, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Hrvoje Niksic wrote: Rich Cook [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Trouble is, it's undocumented as to how to free the resulting string. Do I call free on it? Yes. Freshly allocated with malloc in the function documentation

Re: New wget maintainer

2007-06-27 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Micah Cowan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: The GNU Project has appointed me as the new maintainer for wget, Welcome! If you need assistance regarding the workings of the internals or design decisions, please let me know and I'll gladly help. I haven't had much time to participate lately, but

Re: Crash

2007-05-29 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Adrian Sandor [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Thanks a lot Steven, Apparently there's more than a little code in src/cookies.c which is not ready for NULL values in the attr and value members of the cookie structure. Does that mean wget is buggy or does brinkster break the cookie specification?

Re: Loading cookies that were set by Javascript

2007-05-18 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
George Pavlov [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Permanent cookies are supposed to be present in cookies.txt, and Wget will use them. Session cookies will be missing (regardless of how they were set) from the file and therefore will not be picked up by Wget. This is not entirely true. You can

Re: Loading cookies that were set by Javascript

2007-05-16 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Poppa Pump [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Now I also need to load 2 more cookie values, but these are set using Javascript. Does anyone know how to set those cookies. I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks for your help. Wget doesn't really distinguish the cookies set by Javascript from

Re: Requests are always HTTP/1.0 ?!

2007-05-02 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Greg Lindahl [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Host: kpic1 is a HTTP/1.1 feature. So this is non-sensical. The `Host' header was widely used with HTTP/1.0, which is how it entered the HTTP/1.1 spec. For other reasons, Wget should really upgrade to using HTTP/1.1.

Re: [PATCH] cross-mingw32 support

2007-04-01 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Robert Millan [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: -AC_CHECK_FUNCS(strtoll usleep ftello sigblock sigsetjmp memrchr) +AC_CHECK_FUNCS(strtoll usleep ftello sigblock sigsetjmp memrchr strcasecmp strncasecmp strdup isatty symlink) -dnl We expect to have these functions on Unix-like systems configure

Re: -i option

2007-03-29 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Eugene Homyakov [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Could you please make -i option accept URL? This is useful when downloading m3u's Note that you can easily chain Wget invocations, e.g. wget -qO- URL | wget -i-

Re: wget-1.10.2 pwd/cd bug

2007-03-27 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Hrvoje Niksic [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steven M. Schweda) writes: It's starting to look like a consensus. A Google search for: wget DONE_CWD finds: http://www.mail-archive.com/wget@sunsite.dk/msg08741.html That bug is fixed in subversion, revision 2194. I

Re: wget-1.10.2 pwd/cd bug

2007-03-25 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steven M. Schweda) writes: It's starting to look like a consensus. A Google search for: wget DONE_CWD finds: http://www.mail-archive.com/wget@sunsite.dk/msg08741.html That bug is fixed in subversion, revision 2194.

Re: Patch for Windows Build

2007-02-11 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Applied, thanks. Sorry about the delay.

Re: utils.c:get_grouping_data calls strdup with a null pointer

2007-02-11 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Thanks for the report. Please note that your patch sets the thousands separator to C, which is probably not what you had in mind. I'm about to apply a slightly different patch to deal with the problem you describe: 2007-02-11 Hrvoje Niksic [EMAIL PROTECTED] * utils.c

Re: wget -S dies with wget: realloc: Failed to allocate-2147483648 bytes; memory exhausted. because of 8-bit characters in HTTPheaders

2007-02-02 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Vladimir Volovich [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: when using the -S option, wget dies apparently because the server returns 8-bit characters in the WWW-Authenticate header: [...] Thank for the report and the test case. This patch fixes the problem: 2007-02-02 Hrvoje Niksic [EMAIL PROTECTED

Re: Output inconsistency

2007-01-25 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Nejc ┼koberne [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# wget -O /dev/null http://10.0.0.2/testsmall.dat 21 | grep saved 10:38:13 (86,22 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [21954560/21954560] [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# wget -O /dev/null ftp://testuser:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/testsmall.dat 21 | grep saved

Re: wget css parsing, updated to trunk

2007-01-23 Thread Hrvoje Niksic
Ted Mielczarek [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Is there any interest in this? Sorry for answering this late. I, for one, find it very interesting. Fetching CSS would be a very welcome feature.

  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   >