Re: [Wikimediach-l] Rumantsch Grischun

2006-03-15 Thread Michael Bimmler
On 3/14/06, Gion Hosang [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Hoi Manuel Es hat noch niemand damit angefangen. Wir sammeln alle Übersetzungen im Wikimedia CH-Wiki, daher bietet es sich für Dich an hier loszulegen: Na dann lege ich los. Ich werde die fertige Übersetzung dann ins Netz stellen.

[Wikimediach-l] Rumantsch Grischun - summary for non-german-speakers

2006-03-15 Thread Michael Bimmler
Hello, just as a summary for the thread Rumantsch Grischun in German: Gion has mentioned his intention to translate our bylaws into Rumantsch Grischun and he will post them afterwards at [[Bylaws/Rm]]. By the way, is there anybody who would translate the bylaws into French, as Emanuel had to give

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Rumantsch Grischun - summary for non-german-speakers

2006-03-15 Thread Michael Bimmler
On 3/15/06, Frederic Schutz [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Michael Bimmler wrote: By the way, is there anybody who would translate the bylaws into French, as Emanuel had to give back the mandate? I could do it, but only starting from the English version... it may not be a good idea to

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Rumantsch Grischun - summary for non-german-speakers

2006-03-15 Thread Ilario Valdelli
IMHO there is no problem. The master document should be the english version because it is the document approved by international board. I think that if there are differences between the german and the english version the correct version should be the english one. Frederic, if you need some help

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Rumantsch Grischun - summary for non-german-speakers

2006-03-15 Thread Michael Bimmler
On 3/15/06, Ilario Valdelli [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: IMHO there is no problem. The master document should be the english version because it is the document approved by international board. I think that if there are differences between the german and the english version the correct version

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Rumantsch Grischun - summary for non-german-speakers

2006-03-15 Thread Michael Bimmler
On 3/15/06, Frederic Schutz [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Ilario Valdelli wrote: IMHO there is no problem. The master document should be the english version because it is the document approved by international board. I have a first question. Article 1 says The association will be named

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Rumantsch Grischun - summary for non-german-speakers

2006-03-15 Thread Ilario Valdelli
Ok, it's very complicated :( I will ask to a translation center (I have some friends) to have a look to the translations made by ourselves. I can have this verification without costs for Wikimedia CH. Almost this (informal) verification could arrange a lists of ambiguities before the Wikimedia

[Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Frederic Schutz
Looking at the latest changes on the CH wiki... is it on purpose that the current resolutions look as formal as a UN Security Council resolution ? RESOLVED... AND... FURTHER RESOLVED... so proposed on the fifteenth of March 2006. I know it is borderline to hairsplitting, but this makes the

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Rumantsch Grischun - summaryfor non-german-speakers

2006-03-15 Thread Patrick Kenel
Fine, it seems that we're soonable topost the bylaws in all 5 languages! Hopefully, this means the beginning of areally plurilingual association that we're aiming to become. From:Frederic Schutz [EMAIL PROTECTED]Reply-To:Mailing list for Wikimedia Swizerland wikimediach-l@Wikipedia.orgTo:Mailing

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Jürg Wolf
I agree with Frederic I know that several actions must be done BEFORE the real foundation, but I still do not see why we need a special post address BEFORE the foundation - and even after the foundation, since we do not expect a bunch of mail. And as long there is no founded association, we all

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Manuel Schneider [Everything Open]
Hi together, just some words why such resolutions (or name them how you'd like) are necessary: I know that several actions must be done BEFORE the real foundation, but I still do not see why we need a special post address BEFORE the foundation - and even after the foundation, since we do not

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Ilario Valdelli
Looking at the latest changes on the CH wiki... is it on purpose that the current resolutions look as formal as a UN Security Council resolution ? RESOLVED... AND... FURTHER RESOLVED... so proposed on the fifteenth of March 2006. I know it is borderline to hairsplitting, but this makes the

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Ilario Valdelli
Lugano - the sunny capital :) On 3/15/06, Jürg Wolf [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: So there are even other cities possible: * Zurich - the economic capital of CH * Berne - the political capital of CH of home affairs * Geneva - the political capital of CH of foreign affairs * Lucerne - the

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Ilario Valdelli
On 3/15/06, Jürg Wolf [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: So there are even other cities possible: * Zurich - the economic capital of CH * Berne - the political capital of CH of home affairs * Geneva - the political capital of CH of foreign affairs * Lucerne - the touristic capital of CH * Jungfraujoch

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Frederic Schutz
Manuel Schneider [Everything Open] wrote: The thing is, that there are legal actions that have to be done now in preparation of the founding of Wikimedia CH and the Wikipedia Day, such as registering / transfering domain names (wikipedia.ch, wikimedia.ch etc.), contracts which have to been

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Frederic Schutz
Jürg Wolf wrote: Is it also foreseen to open a bank account? And if - in which place? And when? In whose name? At which bank? When: not before the association is created. One needs a copy of the bylaws, and the minutes of the first general meeting to open an account (specifying who has

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Frederic Schutz
Ilario Valdelli wrote: I don't undestand. Do you mean that pages are blocked to no-sysop members? It seems to have a sense because when a board (or preliminary board) take a decision it's important to communicate this decision (also with grammatical errors). If a no-board person makes a

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Ilario Valdelli
Which bank: Postfinance looks like a good option to me, if only because it is easy to give a postal account number to anyone for donations, such as 12-345678-9, instead of having to say Bank such and such, account A-BCDEFGH-I. All the associations I know of use a Yellow account as their main

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Ilario Valdelli
Of course, your argument makes perfect sense. But being an association that promotes Wikipedia and other Wiki-based projects, I would like to think that we can do without the permanent protections, only with a banner saying This is a resolution voted by the board, and should not be modified

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Michael Bimmler
Now there seems to be a big discussion going on here and I would like to clarify a few points as the resolutions come from me and Nando: 1. Why we need resolutions: a) We want to create as soon as a wikimedia.ch, which is intended for the public. We want to stop using ch.wikimedia.org, because

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Michael Bimmler
On 3/15/06, Ilario Valdelli [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Of course, your argument makes perfect sense. But being an association that promotes Wikipedia and other Wiki-based projects, I would like to think that we can do without the permanent protections, only with a banner saying This is a

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Jürg Wolf
I'm sorry for my recent postings because they were a bit sarcastic a maybe not clearly defaced as zynical. My opinion in this whole thing is: 1) If our preliminary board thinks, we need a special postal address - I'm OK with it because I don't have the whole view. And on the meeting last year we

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Frederic Schutz
Michael Bimmler wrote: snip the bits about the resolutions which are ok by me 3. About the formal language. I have discussed this matter some days ago in IRC with Jean-Baptiste Soufron, the legal coordinator/advisor of the foundation and he told me, that some formal requirements need to be

[Wikimediach-l] Translation

2006-03-15 Thread Frederic Schutz
Am I correct in thinking that ff. in ein Verein gemäss Artikel 60 ff. des Schweizerischen Zivilgesetzbuches. means and following ? Frederic ___ Wikimediach-l mailing list Wikimediach-l@Wikipedia.org

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Translation

2006-03-15 Thread Nando Stöcklin
Am 16.03.06 schrieb Frederic Schutz [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Am I correct in thinking that ff. in ein Verein gemäss Artikel 60 ff. des Schweizerischen Zivilgesetzbuches.means and following ? Yes, this is correct. Nando ___ Wikimediach-l mailing list

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Nando Stöcklin
2006/3/15, Jürg Wolf [EMAIL PROTECTED]: My opinion in this whole thing is:1) If our preliminary board thinks, we need a special postal address - I'm OKwith it because I don't have the whole view. And on the meeting last year wegave you the mandate and the power to operate towards the swiss

Re: [Wikimediach-l] Board resolutions

2006-03-15 Thread Nando Stöcklin
Thanks Michael! 4. About page protectionWe have a wiki. A wiki means everybody can edit, at Wikimedia CH only people logged in.But, there are 2 reasons which are imho pro blocking some pages:a)www.wikimedia.ch, which is redirecting to our wiki, is mentioned atthe bottom of the Weltwoche article