Re: [WSG] Re: delayed rendering of containing div's background colour

2004-09-09 Thread Tom Livingston
Nilsson http://blog.hansnilsson.net Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/ Web standards

Re: [WSG] Mac (Safari) rendering of colours

2004-09-16 Thread Tom Livingston
What about PS color settings. Is it possible that the color space is off? Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliatesid=0t=1 On Sep 16, 2004, at 4:54 AM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote: On Sep

Re: [WSG] WYSIWYG Editors

2004-09-17 Thread Tom Livingston
I may be missing the whole point of the original need for the WYSIWYG, but what about MM's Contribute 3? It's fairly inexpensive, although stand-alone, but admin's can control what others can do. Might this be of use? Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http

Re: [WSG] Moz vs. FF

2004-09-17 Thread Tom Livingston
Current version of Web Dev extention is incompatible with FF 1.0PR... Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliatesid=0t=1 Matt Andrews wrote: ... and, if you're using the Web Developer extension, Firefox has a huge advantage over

Re: [WSG] Moz vs. FF

2004-09-17 Thread Tom Livingston
[happy dance] Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliatesid=0t=1 Dan Webb wrote: It tells you that but it lies. Ive got it working on 1.0PR by just reinstalling it after installing 1.0PR. Quoting Tom Livingston [EMAIL PROTECTED

Re: [WSG] PNG with alpha trans in IE

2004-09-17 Thread Tom Livingston
browsers beside Win IE 5.5+ need to still see the png. I assume this is the case with these methods... Offlist responses is fine if you feel the need... Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliatesid=0t=1 Daisy wrote: Mark Harwood

Re: [WSG] Mac Tools Kit for Web Standards Developer

2004-10-11 Thread Tom Livingston
Me three, er...i mean... I like DWMX04 as well. The pop-up code help is great. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliatesid=0t=1 On Oct 10, 2004, at 8:38 PM, John Oxton wrote: I would second

Re: [WSG] anchors within a page

2004-10-06 Thread Tom Livingston
Works as intended in Safari 1.2.3 OS X 10.3.5. to the top takes me all the way back to the top. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliatesid=0t=1 On Oct 6, 2004, at 3:05 PM, john wrote

Re: [WSG] Is XHTML harmful?

2004-10-07 Thread Tom Livingston
Please forgive any ignorance on my part... So I can copy the guts of an XHTML document in all it's splendor with br /s et all and paste it into an HTML document and all is dandy? Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http

Re: [WSG] hidden list background issues, etc.

2004-10-07 Thread Tom Livingston
Safari 1.0 has got to be a unbelievably microscopic audience, if it exists at all. That version should never have seen the light of day (like NS6), and IMHO not worried about. FWIW Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http

Re: [WSG] hidden list background issues, etc.

2004-10-08 Thread Tom Livingston
All, To each his own. Check your site stats or your intended audience. Don't break your neck/budget over a non-issue. And my point was that those browsers' designs was bad/flawed, not the design of the sites we are building. And also it was IMHO. Tom

Re: [WSG] Mac Tools Kit for Web Standards Developer

2004-10-08 Thread Tom Livingston
I have not tried this, but it received good remarks in a recent Macworld article... http://www.tumultco.com/HyperEdit/ Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliatesid=0t=1 On Oct 8, 2004

Re: [WSG] Mac Tools Kit for Web Standards Developer

2004-10-08 Thread Tom Livingston
. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Get FireFox http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliatesid=0t=1 On Oct 8, 2004, at 9:35 AM, Tom Livingston wrote: http://www.tumultco.com/HyperEdit/ ** The discussion list for http

Re: [WSG] video standards?

2004-11-16 Thread Tom Livingston
that) ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some hints on posting to the list getting help ** -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com

[WSG]

2004-11-22 Thread Tom Livingston
/education/ -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some hints on posting to the list getting help **

Print Style Issue (was: Re: [WSG] )

2004-11-22 Thread Tom Livingston
://66.155.251.18/mlinc/htmlsite/education/ -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some hints on posting to the list

Re: [WSG] Remote control CSS - A quick little article about lists

2004-12-01 Thread Tom Livingston
** -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some hints on posting to the list getting help **

Re: [WSG] Remote control CSS - A quick little article about lists

2004-12-01 Thread Tom Livingston
guess it pays to read the *whole* article [crawls under desk] ;-) On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:07:34 -0500, Tom Livingston [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I am willing to bet the poster of the 'remote' idea was talking about a nav that looked like an actual remote. With rows and columns of little round

Re: [WSG] Images in Nav, Splash Screens.

2004-12-01 Thread Tom Livingston
Kozina Web Design Studio Dolina 346 (TS) I-34018 Trst/Trieste - Italy tel./fax: +39 040 228 436 cell.: +39 348 7355 225 http://www.kozina.com/ e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Attachment converted: MacHD:dejan.vcf (TEXT/ttxt) (000436DD) -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com

Re: [WSG] Images in Nav, Splash Screens.

2004-12-01 Thread Tom Livingston
** -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some hints on posting

RE: [WSG] Siter Review Please

2004-12-02 Thread Tom Livingston
some feedback about aesthetics and design on my site if possible please and also the funcionality. Yes it is designed in tables but still I would like some criticism please. J.LinasDesign Graphic Designer http://www.jlinasdesign.com/ -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist

Re: [WSG] site check please - an illustrated novel

2004-12-08 Thread Tom Livingston
Hello, My only beef with this site is you seem to have *two* splash pages. One is bad enough... Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com designer wrote: Hi All, I would be grateful for any and all feedback on a redesign I've done for a site which presents an illustrated novel. Some

Re: [WSG] Best approach (new question)

2004-12-09 Thread Tom Livingston
never heard of anyone's computer being compromised by js. Is it just an aversion to pop ups and window shake/resizing? Again, I'm not debating the use of js, just wondering why people would turn it off. TIA Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Pringle, Ron wrote: Now I've looked

[WSG] Drop down menu Issue

2004-12-13 Thread Tom Livingston
, all is well in Safari, FF(mac) and NN7 Win. The menu (and containing div) expand horizontally to allow for a long link. But in IE Win (and maybe others) the fly-out menu width expands out to the far right edge of the page. With me? so... any way to get IE Win to do what I am after? TIA! -- Tom

Re: [WSG] Another amazing css zen garden entry

2004-12-17 Thread Tom Livingston
I'm getting weird things in Safari 1.2.3 OS X.3.5. Safari either shows no flashlight turning on *or* the bg to the diver is a tall column, almost the reverse of the ocean gradient, and the flashlight works. FF 1.0 Mac works great. Anyone else?? Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com

Re: Off with your JS (was Re: [WSG] Best approach (new question))

2004-12-10 Thread Tom Livingston
it... Thanks for the responses all... Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com Bert Doorn wrote: snip Bob-The-Office-Worker's Directors may have instructed the IT department to cripple the browsers on all their employees' workstations. snip

Re: [WSG] Webstandards for your iPod

2004-12-15 Thread Tom Livingston
Just installed this. Very cool. :-) Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com russ - maxdesign wrote: Well, John and Maxine must have been busy... Westciv's Complete CSS Guide is now available as a free CSS podGuide for the iPod: http://www.westciv.com/news/podguide.html Interesting

Re: [WSG] My Site

2004-12-21 Thread Tom Livingston
http://www.paletteman.com/ Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com On Dec 21, 2004, at 10:34 AM, Hanni Ross wrote: Try http://colorschemer.com/ Great tool, I think there's a 15 day trial. Regards, Hanni On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:00:00 -0500, Anthony Timberlake

Re: [WSG] Color Scheme Tools (Was: My Site)

2004-12-22 Thread Tom Livingston
In case anyone missed it, http://www.wire-man.com/paletteman/ is nice too. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com On Dec 22, 2004, at 10:28 AM, Pringle, Ron wrote: Patrick- Nice! This will help me perfectly with figuring out some seasonal tints for my

Re: [WSG] Color Scheme Tools (Was: My Site)

2004-12-22 Thread Tom Livingston
You know, I noticed that. I used to use this a lot on my Mac, but I just found that it doesn't work in anything but Opera (Mac). And I thought Opera was tough on JS... Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com On Dec 22, 2004, at 11:12 AM, Leslie Riggs wrote

[WSG] Search Engines/Spiders and SSIs

2005-01-04 Thread Tom Livingston
Hello all, Can anyone tell me if server-side includes - ColdFusion specifically - would adversely effect search engines/spiders at all? An SEO company we are trying is telling us that our CF includes will effect our SE rankings. TIA Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia

[WSG] Re: Search Engines/Spiders and SSIs

2005-01-04 Thread Tom Livingston
My apologies for the _very OT_ topic. I got my lists mixed up... :-P If you happen to have any insight on this however, off-list replies are welcome. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com On Jan 4, 2005, at 2:02 PM, Tom Livingston wrote: Hello all, Can

Re: [WSG] Search Engines/Spiders and SSIs

2005-01-04 Thread Tom Livingston
Why? Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com On Jan 4, 2005, at 3:30 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: On search engines like Google there will be an adverse effect on optimization when using coldfusion. Remember Google is a Hypertextual Web Search Engine

Re: [WSG] Slightly OT... Interview with IE Dev team

2005-01-05 Thread Tom Livingston
Proper PNG support ? Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Visit the award-winning mlinc.com site On Jan 5, 2005, at 12:44 PM, David R wrote: 'Lo guys After being instigated by Channel9 (http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=34005 (And I'm W3bbo, btw)) I

Re: [WSG] G* addressing standards

2005-01-07 Thread Tom Livingston
These are *guidelines* are they not? As opposed to hard-fast rules? ...This document provides information to Web content developers who wish to satisfy the success criteria of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 note the word 'Guidelines'... ? Tom Livingston Senior

[WSG] Big Name Site Goes Standards

2005-01-10 Thread Tom Livingston
in standards-based sites? However, in the end, and most importantly, a big company like Turner caring about standards is great news. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com ** The discussion list

Re: [WSG] Big Name Site Goes Standards

2005-01-10 Thread Tom Livingston
Thank GOD! Then *all* it would be is a blog. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com On Jan 10, 2005, at 3:10 PM, Felix Miata wrote: Flash, text in images, fixed width that crumbles with zoom

Re: [WSG] Big Name Site Goes Standards

2005-01-10 Thread Tom Livingston
Well if I went to the right site (eds.com) it is much less blog-like. Very nice. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com On Jan 10, 2005, at 5:53 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: EDS converted their Internet site to a CSS based layout

Re: [WSG] Possible Min-height issue

2005-01-12 Thread Tom Livingston
As usual with me, I figure something out _right_ after I post. The page is working in Safari, FF Mac, Win IE6/5.5. If you find a mess when you look at it, let me know! Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com On Jan 12, 2005, at 4:49 PM, Tom Livingston

Re: [WSG] Possible Min-height issue

2005-01-13 Thread Tom Livingston
in some extra padding on the bottom of the copy/content div to keep it from going behind the neg. margined footer and poof! Looks right in IE5.x/6, NS7 Win, Safari 1.2.4, FF 1.0 Mac. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com On Jan 12, 2005, at 4:49 PM

[WSG] IE5.01 Troubles

2005-01-13 Thread Tom Livingston
Hello all, On this page: http://66.155.251.20/picotte.com/about/ my layout is bustin' out in IE5.01. Can anyone spot why? 5.5 and 6 are good. Thanks for any help. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com

Re: [WSG] IE5.01 Troubles

2005-01-14 Thread Tom Livingston
That was it. Thanks. The two different widths are intentional, though. I am filtering a slightly smaller width to Win IE, and another to the rest... Thanks. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com On Jan 13, 2005, at 9:13 PM, Jixor - Stephen I

Re: [WSG] H2 Background image in IE Win

2005-01-19 Thread Tom Livingston
So you see the '4 little squares' image to the left of the One Park Place head?? Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com On Jan 19, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Lothar B. Baier wrote: I looked at it in IE 6, FF 1.0, Moz 1.7.5 and Opera 7 on WinME, it looks

Re: [WSG] Areamaps

2005-01-20 Thread Tom Livingston
Try map name=links id=links Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com On Jan 20, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Paul wrote: Do area maps still work in xhtml or are the gone by the way side ? The validator is not liking map name=links but if I swap id for name

Re: [WSG] Question about use of flash in a pure css page

2005-01-24 Thread Tom Livingston
with this.. else I will have to make the page using frames - which is something I dont want to do [a bit stubborn]. Set up the swf to be passed a variable when buttons are clicked so it will jump to the end of the animation and *appear* not to play every time. - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia

[WSG] IE 5 Mac choking on CSS?

2005-01-25 Thread Tom Livingston
Hello all, Here's my page: http://66.155.251.20/picotte.com/property/ Can anyone see what might be causing IE 5.2.3 Mac (OS X 10.3.x) to choke? 2 separate installs here will not load this page, but other pages are fine... Thanks a bunch. - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist

[WSG] IE5 Mac Still choking

2005-01-26 Thread Tom Livingston
, but other pages are fine... Thanks a bunch. - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some hints

Re: [WSG] IE5 Mac Still choking

2005-01-27 Thread Tom Livingston
It's ok here on IE 5.23 on OSX Thanks everyone for taking a look. I did figure it out... thanks to Sarah Wedde. - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org

[WSG] Building with scaling in mind

2005-01-27 Thread Tom Livingston
( which is meticulous, by the way ) but like I said, I am having trouble understanding the basic concept of what's being done. Any insight would be appreciated. Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com

Re: [WSG] Irony

2005-02-04 Thread Tom Livingston
My apologies. I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to be on this list, being an American and all. Now where's that unsubscribe link. On Feb 4, 2005, at 9:58 AM, Bruce wrote: it was only the Americans who weren't supposed to get irony Tom Livingston Senior

Re: [WSG] 2 Column Symetrical Stretching Layout?

2005-02-04 Thread Tom Livingston
. --- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail

Re: [WSG] 2 Column Symetrical Stretching Layout?

2005-02-04 Thread Tom Livingston
;} #left{width:45%; background-color:#FF; padding:0; margin:0; float:left;} #right{width:45%; background-color:#00FF00; padding:0; margin:0 0 0 45%;} /style /head body div id=main div id=leftnbsp;br/div div id=rightnbsp;br/div /div /body /html On Feb 4, 2005, at 11:29 AM, Tom Livingston wrote: hmm

RE: [WSG] accessibilty and responsibility

2005-02-10 Thread Tom Livingston
. Period. My 2¢ have now been contributed. Carry on... -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some

Re: [WSG] accessibilty and responsibility

2005-02-10 Thread Tom Livingston
Giving users a reasonable time to upgrade to the latest-- and hopefully best-- version of the browser of their choice, and then simply forgetting to code for the older versions, is one way we can push (a little) where it matters. Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner! -- - Tom Livingston

Re: [WSG] Standards compliant site, clients wants to make updates themselves

2005-03-21 Thread Tom Livingston
it myself in the first place. If you want CMS, I can't help you. :-P -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail

Re: [WSG] why, why, why, --firefox glich--

2005-03-28 Thread Tom Livingston
http://mcmonagle.biz/TESTSITE/ Not contained in Mac Opera 8pr1 either... sorry -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org

Re: [WSG] Hidden Content

2005-03-30 Thread Tom Livingston
... -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some hints on posting to the list getting help **

Re: [WSG] Hidden Content[FLASH SDK]

2005-03-30 Thread Tom Livingston
it is literally _for search engines_ as in the Google devs would use/implement it. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. My point to posting is that it _is_ possible to index a Flash site. another 2¢ deposit... -- - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com

Re: [WSG] Hidden Content

2005-03-31 Thread Tom Livingston
I'm not flaming you - but have you seen this: Why Google's indexing of swfs is worthless http://www.quasimondo.com/archives/000404.php Same old same old. If you read the comments, one person states that he has a Flash-based forum that is entirely indexed by Google. -- - Tom Livingston

[WSG] Re: Hidden Content

2005-03-31 Thread Tom Livingston
Flash is disabled - not even a turn flash on message. We do use MX2004 here. But to be honest, without even trying, we were able to tab to every link on our site. No special knowledge or coding. FWIW, we check and redirect to an XHTML site if the user is without the Flash plugin. -- - Tom

Re: [WSG] usage of new entities in dtd's

2005-04-07 Thread Tom Livingston
. ** Opera 7.54u2 Mac does. I think. What should I see? -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org

Re: [WSG] CSS Document layout/structure

2005-04-07 Thread Tom Livingston
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:06:32 -0400, David Laakso [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Granted. Is there any browser software will not render the shortest declaration? http://www.dlaakso.com/border.html Best, David Both look the same-Opera 7.54u2 Mac... -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic

Re: [WSG] usage of new entities in dtd's

2005-04-07 Thread Tom Livingston
you should not see: |But; your; fine; browser; does; n0t; care;| or the |]| at the top Opera 7.54u2 screenie attached... oh well... -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Picture 1.pdf Description

Re: [WSG] flash and accessabilty

2005-04-08 Thread Tom Livingston
into that on a standards list... I'm just saying it's possible. -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com --- www.browsehappy.com www.opera.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail

Re: [WSG] Web standards as a selling point?

2005-04-12 Thread Tom Livingston
how we make the pages, and if they ask, we have the right answer... -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com -- www.browsehappy.com www.opera.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http

Re: [WSG] CSS Cheatsheet

2005-05-03 Thread Tom Livingston
On May 3, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Amit Karmakar wrote: http://www.ilovejackdaniels.com/css_cheat_sheet.png Neat! Now the desktop pic on my second monitor. ;) -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com -- www.browsehappy.com www.opera.com

Re: [WSG] whats this

2005-05-12 Thread Tom Livingston
be an Ooops. You could shoot this over to the CSS-D list. Maybe Mr. Meyer will answer. Unless he's on this list too! -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com -- www.browsehappy.com www.opera.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail

Re: [WSG] whats this

2005-05-12 Thread Tom Livingston
On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:54:40 -0400, Nick Gleitzman [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: if you *do* want to style that element Good idea. Although, for a file size miser, it might seem a waste. Especially if you have extensive nav/links... -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com

Re: [WSG] Opera Acid 2 progress

2005-05-13 Thread Tom Livingston
On Fri, 13 May 2005 10:20:59 -0400, Kornel Lesinski [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: and here is pretty nice comparison of latest builds: http://my.opera.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=929573 :-) -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com -- www.browsehappy.com www.opera.com Using

Re: [WSG] Playing a sound file - what is the best way?

2005-05-17 Thread Tom Livingston
to the company that did the survey... -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist mlinc.com -- www.browsehappy.com www.opera.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ** The discussion list for http

Re: [WSG] Site check - lastminute.com

2005-05-20 Thread Tom Livingston
vision, etc., they already know how to fix it. [1]http://www.usability.com.au/resources/forms.cfm#other -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com --- www.browsehappy.com ** The discussion list for http

[WSG] Fluidity help

2005-05-24 Thread Tom Livingston
works (up to a certain size, all is well readable/useable)... Also, in IE 5.5Win, there is something up with the borders. Anyone see what that is? -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com --- www.browsehappy.com

Re: [WSG] Fluidity help

2005-05-24 Thread Tom Livingston
up in size (FF Mac) and I'm happy with that. It's definitely better. I am still lost with the IE5.5Win issue (Box model??). Can anyone see where I need to hack it? Thanks! -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com --- www.browsehappy.com

Re: [WSG] Fluidity help

2005-05-24 Thread Tom Livingston
On May 24, 2005, at 2:23 PM, Tom Livingston wrote: On May 24, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Thierry Koblentz wrote: I think it'd be easier to start from scratch. My first reaction was... Yikes!, Are you nuts! Me again, http://66.155.251.18/platformrg.com/people/ In IE5.5/6Win (and Opera 8 MAC) I

[WSG] PNG support

2005-06-15 Thread Tom Livingston
Hi list, yeah. this again... Has any headway been made as far as hacks/filters go? I found the JS and PHP solutions... is that it? TIA Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com --- www.browsehappy.com

Re: [WSG] Longhorn Avalon - seismic shift for web standards?

2005-07-15 Thread Tom Livingston
something, doesn't mean it's the best of it's kind. Nearly 100% of those users just don't know better. They don't know that they can use something else, don't know how to switch to something else, or just plain don't care. sigh... -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic

Re: [WSG] Longhorn Avalon - seismic shift for web standards?

2005-07-15 Thread Tom Livingston
. More to the point: if 95% of cars had square rims and steel wheels, would you set up a business making wheels with round rims taking rubber tyres? -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail

[WSG] Discussion - The root of all evil

2005-07-25 Thread Tom Livingston
budget for these types of things... Off-list replies are probably prefered. -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ** The discussion list for http

Re: [WSG] Site Check: VVE

2005-08-02 Thread Tom Livingston
On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:35:34 -0400, David Laakso [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: readable, usable, accessible content Is the page breaking in one of your browsers? -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com

Re: [WSG] Site Check: VVE

2005-08-02 Thread Tom Livingston
On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:36:39 -0400, David Laakso [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: No, this page http://testdrive.fueladvance.com/vve/Dashboard/Default.ashx is not breaking in any of my browsers. Regards, David Laakso So, XHTML 1.1 is bad because? -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist

[WSG] Need help with centering and then some

2005-08-02 Thread Tom Livingston
Mac (8.02) (and possibly others) why the links are not clickable? They work in Safari and IE Win(6). Off-list reply on this topic might be needed. I just wasn't sure if the CSS was causing this issue... Thanks in advance. -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com

Re: [WSG] Need help with centering and then some

2005-08-02 Thread Tom Livingston
On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:12:52 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Tom Livingston wrote: Hello list, drop down menu in ff 1.0.6 w2k sp4 works, but resize to 800x600 using dev tool bar and it doesn't. hth, dwain David, only errors left involve the embed tags and I don't know how to make

[WSG] Nifty Corners page shift

2005-08-09 Thread Tom Livingston
a noticable page shift, especially in IE6 (although I have seen it in Opera 8 Mac too). I would love to get rid of it if possible. Off-list is fine, but others might benefit... http://www.mlinc.com/test/nifty/index.html Thanks! -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic

Re: [WSG] Font-size em and reseting within [using keywords]

2005-08-26 Thread Tom Livingston
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:22:33 -0400, Felix Miata [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: properly preferenced medium according to who/what? -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail

Re: [WSG] Font-size em and reseting within [using keywords]

2005-08-26 Thread Tom Livingston
, what happens when a user sets his/her browser pref. to 'small', and an author specifies 'medium'? Is the users text size changed? Sorry, I don't use keywords... -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com

Re: [WSG] another 'open new window' dilemma

2005-08-29 Thread Tom Livingston
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:13:16 -0400, tee [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Hi accessible care takers, In light of this recent discussion, I offer this, if you haven't already read it (or already know this info): http://www.useit.com/alertbox/open_new_windows.html -- Tom Livingston Senior

Re: [WSG] Text Size Statistics

2005-09-02 Thread Tom Livingston
is made for 800x600 basically means 'I made my site wrong'. The former means 'You are looking at a modern, standards-compliant and correctly constructed Website using outdated software'. -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail

Re: [WSG] Tables - a challenge!

2005-09-08 Thread Tom Livingston
. Regards, Ingo [1] http://www.brunildo.org/test/shrink_center_5.html Is this a good solution? http://www.wpdfd.com/editorial/thebox/deadcentre4.html -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail

Re: [WSG] Tables - a challenge!

2005-09-08 Thread Tom Livingston
to to see your point, they have other serious problems. :o) -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ** The discussion list for http

[WSG] Flash elements

2005-09-13 Thread Tom Livingston
Hello all, Can someone point me to the latest and greatest method for adding Flash to a page. Also, adding alternate content to a Flash element. Can the alt content be an image? Off list if you think it's best... Thanks! -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic

Re: [WSG] The Big Lie about CSS

2005-09-19 Thread Tom Livingston
in the sheet. In my mind, the word red in this case is just a word, not a color. -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ** The discussion list for http

Re: [WSG] The Big Lie about CSS

2005-09-19 Thread Tom Livingston
. I do agree. A class of 'red' that creates blue text is... well... just wrong! ;-) But I was speaking technically, obviously. And shamefully, if a client at the last minute wanted a change like the example, I can see myself just changing the sheet and letting it go. Gasp! :o) -- Tom

Re: [WSG] Clearleft.com

2005-09-20 Thread Tom Livingston
We've just launched our new company website, and would love your feedback. http://www.clearleft.com/ Server issues? Won't come up now... - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com ** The discussion list

Re: [WSG] Clearleft.com

2005-09-20 Thread Tom Livingston
some time on my hands, what can I say... :o) - Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm for some

[WSG] Jello flexible layout

2005-09-21 Thread Tom Livingston
if I'm gonna wish I didn't go down the jello-lined path beforehand. TIA -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ** The discussion list for http

Re: [WSG] Clearleft.com

2005-09-21 Thread Tom Livingston
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:29:54 -0400, Titanilla [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: If it was spinning, the name clear:left would have to change to clear:right at every 180 degrees. or clear:both :o) -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail

Re: [WSG] Using CSS for Flash backgrounds

2005-09-27 Thread Tom Livingston
cached, everyone's happy. Any thoughts? Nice, but usually Flash can crush an image down smaller than say ImageReady/PS. Yes, it adds to the swf, but are you really saving any download time? -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e

Re: [WSG] Jello flexible layout

2005-10-04 Thread Tom Livingston
problem. Have you tried this? Sorry can't show you my page... :-( -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ** The discussion list for http

Re: [WSG] Jello flexible layout

2005-10-05 Thread Tom Livingston
, but the test he sent me breaks in IEWin, probably because of the above. If I catch wind of it working cross-browser, I'll repost. Thanks everyone. -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail

Re: [WSG] DW 8 standards

2005-10-11 Thread Tom Livingston
am NEVER in layout view. -- Tom Livingston Senior Multimedia Artist Media Logic www.mlinc.com Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/ See http

  1   2   3   >