On 2/2/07, Prema Arya [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
You can't use regular expression in xpath with XPATH 1.0, you can use it
in XPATH 2.0 and rexml supports only xpath 1.0.
You can use string operations like substring, string before, string after
I've ordered one also. I was a reviewer for the early drafts of the
book, which were very good, I'm looking forward to seeing how the
final version came out!
I was very excited for the release of this book (back when it was going
to be called Scripting for Testers or something along those
I think It is a modal_dialog box because Watir is able to close the box through
the command 'ie.modal_dialog.close'. Also, the command,
puts ie.modal_dialog.html outputs the '.html' of the dialog as the following:
My best guess is that your modal dialog is using frames. The HTML that its
returning is not the right frame.
Thats my best guess and how i would approach the problem.
Posted via Jive Forums
Thanks for all of the tips. I finally figured out that my test was actually
taking a long time after firing an event onmouseover for my menus on pages
with streaming content. I don't know why that was happening, but a put timeout
blocks around each of my operations, hovering over the menu,
IE7 introduced some new properties to show when ajax requests were completed. I
can take a look and see how useful those wuld be.
would something like the following make more sense?
# button click causes ajax request
ie.button(:name , 'ff').click
# wait for ajax request to finish
Thanks for help!
Posted via Jive Forums
Wtr-general mailing list
looks like this cant be done easily. the new properties are on a per request
object basis, and not any easily acccessibl global object.
so the best way is to use the loop below. I think there is a method in watir to
do it directly, but I cant remember what it is
- Original Message
I hope this is an acceptable topic for this list...
I just installed Ruby 1.8.5 on my system, and then, with much effort,
managed to get the watir-1.4.1.exe installed (it has a major install bug
that I was able to circumvent).
So after all that, I open a command prompt into the installation
It's been a while since I tried an executable installer so I'm not
sure about your specific problem. It looks like you've got a space in
your path, which can cause problems in some scripts. As with all
things Ruby, it tends to be easier to go the Ruby Way and use the
gem installer. Figuring out
Oh, yeah. I forgot all about the space in path thing.
And for even more help, try this URL:
sometimes, I forget and go to the old site:
On 2/2/07, Ethan Jewett [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It's been a while since I tried an executable
The test and watir coverage seemed
pretty light overall, mostly covered basic Ruby stuff like working with
Strings, Arrays, RegExp etc. and programming 101 - decision structures,
variables etc. Maybe good for a beginner, but didn't turn out to be
what I expected. No slight to Brian with
I tried a few commands in an attempt to get more details about the objects in
the modal dialog box.
1. Output of the command,
Mail list logo