[XenPPC] [PATCH] Move lots of memory logic earlier

2007-01-08 Thread Hollis Blanchard
# HG changeset patch # User Hollis Blanchard [EMAIL PROTECTED] # Date 1168293789 21600 # Node ID e1ee8b26c15de7afd7dec2d604b00d607e1307f4 # Parent dbc74db14a4b39d359365fcf8257216d968fa269 Move lots of memory logic earlier. - We now require the common boot allocator has been initialized before

Re: [XenPPC] [PATCH]fix xencomm_copy_{from, to}_guest.

2007-01-08 Thread Hollis Blanchard
On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 12:19 +0900, Isaku Yamahata wrote: fix xencomm_copy_{from, to}_guest. It should not call paddr_to_maddr() with invalid address. Thanks Yamahata-san! I've asked Jerone (CCed) to give this a quick test. Originally this issue was found in xen/ia64 xencomm code and in fact

Re: [XenPPC] [PATCH] fix debug print in boot_of_alloc_init

2007-01-08 Thread Hollis Blanchard
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 15:46 -0700, Yoder Stuart-B08248 wrote: This is a minor bug in a debug print that most likely will never be seen, as start is typically 0, but it is something I noticed. Signed-off-by: Stuart Yoder [EMAIL PROTECTED] diff -r db52c7d043bb xen/arch/powerpc/boot_of.c

RE: [XenPPC] systemsim-gpul problems

2007-01-08 Thread Yoder Stuart-B08248
Not sure this sheds any light on the timing problem but it looks like Xen is in it's idle_loop() during the time things are running unexpectedly slow. Stuart -Original Message- From: Hollis Blanchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 1:06 PM To: Yoder

Re: [XenPPC] [PATCH]fix xencomm_copy_{from, to}_guest.

2007-01-08 Thread Jerone Young
Just quickly tried it out and my js20 blade boots without issue with this patch. On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 16:51 -0600, Hollis Blanchard wrote: On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 12:19 +0900, Isaku Yamahata wrote: fix xencomm_copy_{from, to}_guest. It should not call paddr_to_maddr() with invalid address.

Re: [XenPPC] [PATCH] fix debug print in boot_of_alloc_init

2007-01-08 Thread Jimi Xenidis
On Jan 8, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Yoder Stuart-B08248 wrote: This is a minor bug in a debug print that most likely will never be seen, as start is typically 0, but it is something I noticed. thanks, but this patch is incorrect, see below Signed-off-by: Stuart Yoder [EMAIL PROTECTED] diff -r

RE: [XenPPC] [PATCH] fix debug print in boot_of_alloc_init

2007-01-08 Thread Yoder Stuart-B08248
-Original Message- From: Hollis Blanchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 4:55 PM Thanks Stuart. However, the patch I just sent out an hour ago is going to remove this code entirely. :) I haven't checked it in yet though: I'd appreciate it if you

RE: [XenPPC] [PATCH] fix debug print in boot_of_alloc_init

2007-01-08 Thread Yoder Stuart-B08248
-Original Message- From: Jimi Xenidis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] start is in bytes here DBG(%s: marking 0x%x - 0x%lx\n, __func__, -pg PAGE_SHIFT, start); +pg PAGE_SHIFT, start PAGE_SHIFT); becomes in pages here

Re: [XenPPC] [PATCH] Move lots of memory logic earlier

2007-01-08 Thread Jimi Xenidis
I disagree with what this patch does. On Jan 8, 2007, at 4:03 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote: # HG changeset patch # User Hollis Blanchard [EMAIL PROTECTED] # Date 1168293789 21600 # Node ID e1ee8b26c15de7afd7dec2d604b00d607e1307f4 # Parent dbc74db14a4b39d359365fcf8257216d968fa269 Move lots of