[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-09 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #36 from alexxcons  ---
ok, great, thanks ! At least in the very first one I did it correct :X

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-09 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #35 from Adam Purkrt  ---
no problem, leave it as it is

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-09 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

alexxcons  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

URL||FIXED

--- Comment #34 from alexxcons  ---
Arg, I messed it, I forgot to add you as author :X ... that much about dont
messing history :X

Do you mind ? Should I revert & re-push ?

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-09 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

alexxcons  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

 Status|NEW |RESOLVED
 Resolution|--- |FIXED

--- Comment #33 from alexxcons  ---
Ok, reviewed, tested and pushed.

I squased the first 2 patches to dont mess the history to much ( apart from
translation updates :X )

Thanks alot for your contribution !

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-09 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #32 from Git Bot  ---
Alexander Schwinn referenced this bugreport in commit
23894cd9f8fe7157073263436050105fdb67d6ab

Add setting to show file sizes in bytes (bug #11690) - fix for statusbar

https://git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/commit?id=23894cd9f8fe7157073263436050105fdb67d6ab

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-09 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #31 from Git Bot  ---
Alexander Schwinn referenced this bugreport in commit
b2d7b1e515e744c94eb45a3d31e7b1a0b48053b0

Add setting to show file sizes in bytes (bug #11690) - fix for overwrite
confirmation dialog

https://git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/commit?id=b2d7b1e515e744c94eb45a3d31e7b1a0b48053b0

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-06 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

Adam Purkrt  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

   Attachment #7574|0   |1
is obsolete||

--- Comment #29 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7585
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7585=edit
0003-Size-in-bytes-in-statusbar.patch

I have changed my mind.
I now think the colons are ok and the best and the exact size should be
included. Consider a folder with 24 files and 24 directories. The statusbar
upon entering is
48 items: 238.3 kB (238,289 bytes), Free space: 55.9GB
the statusbar after selecting everything is
24 folders selected, 24 other items selected: 238.3 kB (238,289 bytes)
and when only files are selected it is
24 items selected: 238.3 kB (238,289 bytes)
I think this is actually good enough, the user will quickly find what the
numbers say (generally speaking, the folders are left out of the count, since
they would take quite long to count).
I think your version is a bit too long.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-06 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #30 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7586
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7586=edit
statusbar with colon and size in bytes

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-06 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #28 from alexxcons  ---
Here another pro argument for option 3 "4 folders selected, 5 other items with
a total size of 61.9 kB (61,897 bytes) selected"
... still trying to convince you :P

Since anyhow some transifex strings will be changed ( removed parantheses,
added colons ), the i18n teams will need to adjust the language specific
strings accordingly.

( I assume transifex will not automatically do that. Even if only
special-characters are involved. )

So if we anyhow will trigger work for the i18n teams, option 3 would just mean
"a little more work".

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-05 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

alexxcons  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

   Attachment #7578|0   |1
is obsolete||

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-04 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #26 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Alex, I am all for double spaces and to add this without a setting, but your
patch is definitely wrong. You can not substitute
g_format_size_full (size_summary, ...)
with
thunar_file_get_size_string_long (file, ...)
the size_summary contains the size of all selected files (e.g.), whereas in the
second case you are working with not well defined file
Let me prepare a correct patch (with double spaces as separator).

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-04 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #25 from alexxcons  ---
Created attachment 7578
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7578=edit
some more changes for statusbar

argh, forgot to add patch ...

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-04 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #24 from alexxcons  ---
I struggled across some more occasions where the statusbar still shows the old
format:
- Select multiple files
- Select multiple files + folders
- If no item is selected
- If file is a symlink
To provide a constant "look", I modified all of them accordingly.


Before pushing this, I will ask some other dev(s), if they think it is fine
without a setting to enable/disable the feature.
And if there should be a setting, weather it should be opt-in or opt-out.

Personally I dont have a strong preference on that.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-03 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #23 from Adam Purkrt  ---
(In reply to alexxcons from comment #22)
> Created attachment 7576 [details]
> replaced outer parentheses with 2 spaces
> 
> Good idea regarding the overwrite confirmation dialog !  Patch is fine for
> me.
> 
> Regarding the statusbar I am still not happy with these double parentheses
> .. it just does not look right for me :)
> 
> Attached I replaced outer parentheses with 2 spaces: (_("\"%s\"   %s   %s")
> .. what do you think ?

Looks fine, I am ok with that.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-03 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #20 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7573
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7573=edit
overwrite-with-size-in-bytes.png

Overwrite confirmation dialog after the patch. The human readable size is
1.0MiB in both cases, the exact size slightly differs. The size in bytes is
valuable info in such case.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-03 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #19 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7572
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7572=edit
0002-Display-also-size-in-bytes-in-overwrite-confirmation.patch

Yet another patch. This one adds displaying size in bytes to the overwrite
confirmation dialog (alongside human readable value).

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-03 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #18 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7571
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7571=edit
0001-Comment-correction.patch

Thank you for the compliments.
I unfortunatelly did not update one comment line properly, please find a
correction attached.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #17 from alexxcons  ---
Wow, that was incredible fast and looks great !

Just tested & reviewed it .. --> Well done !

So let's close the bug !

Or do you want to go for some change in the status bar as well ?

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #16 from Git Bot  ---
Adam Purkrt referenced this bugreport in commit
a5071b6a31d90c4686891ba4a79e9ff05944e3c0

Add setting to show file size in bytes in detailed view (Bug #11690)

https://git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/commit?id=a5071b6a31d90c4686891ba4a79e9ff05944e3c0

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #15 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7569
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7569=edit
size-in-bytes-detailed-view

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #14 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7568
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7568=edit
configure-columns

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

Adam Purkrt  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

   Attachment #7566|0   |1
is obsolete||

--- Comment #13 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7567
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7567=edit
0001-Size-in-Bytes-column.patch

just a minor correction to the patch

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

Adam Purkrt  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

   Attachment #6852|0   |1
is obsolete||
   Attachment #6853|0   |1
is obsolete||
   Attachment #6854|0   |1
is obsolete||

--- Comment #12 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 7566
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=7566=edit
0001-Size-in-Bytes-column.patch

Created a new patch, which adds "Size in Bytes" column as an option for
detailed list in View/Configure Columns.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #11 from Adam Purkrt  ---
(In reply to alexxcons from comment #10)
> > There is plenty of space on "properties" anyway, and if one open the dialog 
> > (an extra step), it should always show as much info as possible.
> I disagree. There is a ton of additional info we could display there. IMO
> file managers need to display the most important parts to dont mess the GUI
> too much.

I am too against clutter, but the exact size is imo important enough, to be
always displayed in properties. As I have written, I am quite happy with the
current state of the properties dialog (now, after fixing bug 12858).

> I am sure that there will be users which dont like the additional
> "noise". Same for the status bar.

The status bar is different from the properties dialog, imo. The space is in
tight supply here. Displaying exact size in status bar should be configurable.

> If a user is in need to see the exact size in bytes, he/she will quickly
> discover the configuration option.

> > The title of the column probably ought change, in that case, from "size" to 
> > "size (bytes)" to make it clear what does the number say.
> Than IMO it would be better to just add a new column in View-->Configure
> Columns... 
> Like that there is still the option to have "size in byte" and "size human
> readable" at the same time.

Good idea!

> > The patch here also added (iirc) showing the exact size in status line. E.g.
> Ah, I did not recognize that.  The bar provides sufficient space to display
> both in a good way. E.g:
> "aclocal.m4" - 439.3 kB (493,308 bytes) - M4 macro
> I dont know what is the best way in terms of implementation. But even if
> it's harder to implement, IMO we should go for the best possible outcome.

This should not be too complicated.

I will try to work on this.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #10 from alexxcons  ---
> There is plenty of space on "properties" anyway, and if one open the dialog 
> (an extra step), it should always show as much info as possible.
I disagree. There is a ton of additional info we could display there. IMO file
managers need to display the most important parts to dont mess the GUI too
much. I am sure that there will be users which dont like the additional
"noise". Same for the status bar.
If a user is in need to see the exact size in bytes, he/she will quickly
discover the configuration option.

> The title of the column probably ought change, in that case, from "size" to 
> "size (bytes)" to make it clear what does the number say.
Than IMO it would be better to just add a new column in View-->Configure
Columns... 
Like that there is still the option to have "size in byte" and "size human
readable" at the same time.

> The patch here also added (iirc) showing the exact size in status line. E.g.
Ah, I did not recognize that.  The bar provides sufficient space to display
both in a good way. E.g:
"aclocal.m4" - 439.3 kB (493,308 bytes) - M4 macro
I dont know what is the best way in terms of implementation. But even if it's
harder to implement, IMO we should go for the best possible outcome.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #9 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Oh my, I forgot I made this patch.

I think for the properties dialog, the current state (after fixing bug 12858)
i.e. always show exact size in bytes in properties dialog in addition to human
readable value is fine. Adding an extra option for that would feel superfluous.
There is plenty of space on "properties" anyway, and if one open the dialog (an
extra step), it should always show as much info as possible.

The reason why the patch only shows numbers without "bytes" (let alone adding
it to it) in the file listing is to save horizontal space. The number is long
in itself (usually, with GB sized files), and repeating "bytes" wastes space.
The title of the column probably ought change, in that case, from "size" to
"size (bytes)" to make it clear what does the number say.

The patch here also added (iirc) showing the exact size in status line. E.g.

"aclocal.m4" (439.3 kB) M4 macro

would become

"aclocal.m4" (439.3 kB (493,308 bytes)) M4 macro

I did not like the double parentheses much, was contemplating it would be
better to just show "(493,308 bytes)" and not "(439.3 kB (493,308 bytes))", but
for that, one cannot use g_format_size_full function.

All in all, probably time to update the patch.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2018-02-02 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

alexxcons  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

 CC||ac...@gmx.de

--- Comment #8 from alexxcons  ---
Thanks for the patch ! And sorry for letting you wait that long !

Generally I am ok with adding the option to show file sizes in bytes.

I did not try the patch so far, however from checking the screenshots, it looks
like there are a conceptual problems:

- The "Display" preferences are general. So changing something there, I would
assume to change it everywhere. ( E.g. as well on the file-size fore
right-click-->properties ). So we need to as well change the displayed
file-size there.

- Like in bug 12858, the raw size-value should be prefixed with "bytes"

- Like in bug 12858, I would rather add the "size in byte"-string to the
existing size string, than replacing it. My assumption is, that even if a user
is interested in the bytesize for specific files, for most files still the
human readable value will be of more interest.

- Considering that, I would suggest to rename the configuration to something
like:
"additionally show exact file size in bytes"

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-18 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

Adam Purkrt  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

   Attachment #6851|0   |1
is obsolete||

--- Comment #7 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 6854
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=6854=edit
thunar-exact-file-size.patch

updated the patch (correction)

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-18 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #6 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 6853
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=6853=edit
example screenshot

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-18 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #5 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 6852
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=6852=edit
new Preferences dialog

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-18 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #4 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 6851
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=6851=edit
thunar-exact-file-size.patch

Here is a patch addressing the original request.

The patch adds "Show exact file size" checkbox to
Edit/Preferences/Display/Default View, which toggles between the exact
bytecount (comma separated) and rounded ("human readable") format.

I also renamed "Show binary size" checkbox to "Use binary prefix (KiB, MiB,
...)", since if left in, there would be two "Show [something] file size"
options, which I found confusing.

Note: The "Use binary prefix" option still has an effect even when "Show exact
file size" is on, for example in the status bar.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-17 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

Adam Purkrt  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

   Attachment #6848|0   |1
is obsolete||

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-17 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

Adam Purkrt  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

   Attachment #6847|0   |1
is obsolete||

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-17 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #3 from Adam Purkrt  ---
(In reply to Adam Purkrt from comment #1)
> 1) the "LONG_FORMAT" is only with decimal units, there is no long format
> with IEC 
> units (KiB MiB and the like, "file size in binary format")

My bad, the flags are bitmasks, so

G_FORMAT_SIZE_LONG_FORMAT | G_FORMAT_SIZE_IEC_UNITS

-does- format in "binary format" (KiB, MiB, GiB).

Updated the patch and filed my request as a separate bug 12858, since I feel it
is separate, despite being related. Sorry for the mess here.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-17 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

--- Comment #2 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 6848
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=6848=edit
thunar-size-label.patch screenshot

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs


[Xfce-bugs] [Bug 11690] Add setting to show file sizes in bytes

2016-09-17 Thread bugzilla-daemon
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11690

Adam Purkrt  changed:

   What|Removed |Added

 CC||a...@purkrt.net

--- Comment #1 from Adam Purkrt  ---
Created attachment 6847
  --> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/attachment.cgi?id=6847=edit
thunar-size-label.patch

+1 to this enhancement.

The exact size would be useful also in directory properties dialog,
e.g. for quick check when synchronizing directories, when updating
a backup copy on a flashdisk. The human readable value is rounded
and not very useful in this regard.

Attached is a proposed patch (only) for the properties dialog. The patch is
"quick and dirty", just to show what I have on mind.


Looking at g_format_size_full function's GFormatSizeFlags

https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Miscellaneous-Utility-Functions.html#GFormatSizeFlags

the G_FORMAT_SIZE_LONG_FORMAT is basically what I would like to see in
the properties dialog - and, also, in the status line.

But

1) the "LONG_FORMAT" is only with decimal units, there is no long format with
IEC 
units (KiB MiB and the like, "file size in binary format")

2) Returning to the original request comment #1, there is no GFormatSizeFlags
to get e.g. "1,024,580" output.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
___
Xfce-bugs mailing list
Xfce-bugs@xfce.org
https://mail.xfce.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce-bugs