Re: Missing drop dock, hot keys

2008-06-04 Thread Jim Correia

On Jun 3, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Lofty Becker wrote:

One of my copies of Yojimbo has stopped displaying the dock, and the  
hot keys don’t work.


Going to Preferences I see the dock is supposed to display. The hot  
keys are blank, and can’t be restored by clicking “restore defaults”


I have a vague memory of reading that this means a florfed file  
somewhere. Any hints?


How do you launch Yojimbo?

If you launch it as a startup item, please quit and relaunch and this  
should clear up the problem. If not, please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
 so we can help.


(The login issue is a relatively rare condition; I have a bug logged  
to work around the OS issue that triggers it.)


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Changing collection icons (was Re: Enhancements)

2008-04-15 Thread Jim Correia

On Apr 15, 2008, at 12:40 PM, David G. Simmons wrote:


4) Ability to easily change folder/other icons.


The icons for folder and tag collections can be customized. (In much  
the same way that you can in the Finder.)


- Select the tag/folder collection
- Open the Inspector
- Click on the icon
- Paste a custom icon

Jim

--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Changing collection icons (was Re: Enhancements)

2008-04-15 Thread Jim Correia

On Apr 15, 2008, at 3:29 PM, David G. Simmons wrote:


On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Jim Correia  
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:


The icons for folder and tag collections can be customized. (In  
much the

same way that you can in the Finder.)

- Select the tag/folder collection
- Open the Inspector
- Click on the icon
- Paste a custom icon


I did not know that. Very cool!


For some versions of .icns files. For others, not so much ...


Dave,

It should work with all common formats of image data on the clipboard.

If there is particular icon/image that it isn't working for you, can  
you contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] with steps to reproduce the  
problem (and sample data if necessary) so I can look into it?


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Yojimbo search

2008-04-07 Thread Jim Correia

On Apr 7, 2008, at 8:43 AM, Steven Weiniger wrote:
When I use the search box on top right of yohimbo window all items  
with that term are not found. The Library icon on the left is  
highlighted.  These items are found when searching from Apples  
searchlight window.  Also, the pulldown menu from yohimbo’s search  
box has the word CONTENT grayed out.

What am I doing wrong?


Please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] so we can help you with this  
problem.


Alsois there a way to tab back or use a keyboard shortcut to go  
from DELETE ITEM FROM COLLECTION to DELETE ITEM TO TRASH?


If you turn on Full Keyboard Access in System Preferences, you can  
move keyboard focus to the button with the tab key and actuate the  
button with space bar.


In addition, Command-R also acts as a shortcut for Remove from  
Collection.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Feature clarification - capture URL

2008-03-08 Thread Jim Correia

On Mar 8, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:


When you create a web archive with Yojimbo, the URL is saved as the
item comment.


The source URL is also saved as an attribute on the web archive, which  
can be accessed through the scripting interface or the Copy Web  
Archive URL command on the contextual menu.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Adobe Illustrator files no longer readable image types

2008-03-04 Thread Jim Correia

On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Jacob Lyles wrote:


I'm hesitating to update to the latest Yojimbo release:


version1.5.1 (70)(1/31/2008)

...
€ Adobe Illustrator files are no longer included as a readable  
image type.


I use Illustrator CS2. With Illustrator CS2, the default doc (.ai)  
is PDF
compatible. I can open it in Preview with no problems. This clashes  
with the

idea that Adobe Illustrator files are no longer readable image types.


Adobe Illustrator files were never treated as PDFs in Yojimbo.

In 1.5, they were inadvertently treated as Images (a new type) because  
the underlying OS services that we used advertised that it could read  
them as an image. (It cannot - it can only generate thumbnails  
from .ai files.)


1.5.1 doesn't take away a feature, but rather fixes a bug in 1.5 where  
you could import a .ai file but were left with a blank image item.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Question: Tag Case

2008-02-20 Thread Jim Correia

On Feb 15, 2008, at 11:43 AM, Robert Occhialini Jr. wrote:


Tags in Yojimbo are case insensitive, correct?

If so, why does the app insist on lowercasing the first letter of  
tags I input manually?


Tags are case insensitive, but case preserving.

In certain situations, the autocomplete mechanism (in Cocoa) used by  
the tag field alters the case of the typed prefix.


We'll investigate workarounds for this problem.

Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Mail to webarchive?

2008-01-20 Thread Jim Correia

On Jan 20, 2008, at 8:05 PM, TjL wrote:


On 1/20/08, Michael Heinz [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sounds like you need a rule in Mail.app to run an applescript. It's
doable, but I'm not sure how.

Years ago, I wrote a script to invoke the say command when certain
emails were received. If you're interested in it I can post it.


Yes, but I have no idea how to tell Mail.app:

Take first line of email body and pipe it to Yojimbo, instructing it
to make it a web archive.


So this is really a how do I script Apple Mail question? ;-)

Here's a quick script which should either do what you want, or serve  
as a good starting point for additional hacking. It works off of the  
selected messages in the front message viewer (browser) in Mail.


- Jim

== begin script ==

on run
tell application Mail
set zMessageList to selected messages of message viewer 1
repeat with zMsg in zMessageList
my process_message(zMsg)
end repeat
end tell
end run

on process_message(zMsg)
tell application Mail
set zName to subject of zMsg
set zURL to my trim_url(content of zMsg)
end tell
if looks_like_url(zURL) then
tell application Yojimbo
			make new web archive item with properties {name:zName} with  
contents zURL

end tell
else
display alert Message body does not look like url.
end if
end process_message

on trim_url(zURL)
set zWhitespace to {space, return, ASCII character 10, tab}
set zStartIndex to 1
set zEndIndex to length of zURL
repeat with i from 1 to zEndIndex
if character i of zURL is not in zWhitespace then
set zStartIndex to i
exit repeat
end if
end repeat
repeat with i from zEndIndex to zStartIndex by -1
if character i of zURL is not in zWhitespace then
set zEndIndex to i
exit repeat
end if
end repeat
return text zStartIndex through zEndIndex of zURL
end trim_url

on looks_like_url(zURL)
set zProtocols to {http://;, https://;, mailto:}
repeat with zProto in zProtocols
if zURL starts with zProto then
return true
end if
end repeat
return false
end looks_like_url

== end script ==

--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: selecting focus panes

2008-01-07 Thread Jim Correia

On Jan 7, 2008, at 11:50 AM, d c wrote:


when using yojimbo, you seem to get trapped in editing the body of a
message, with no way to get out without using the mouse. are there any
keyboard cuts (or ways to setup your own) to get out of the text-edit
box and back to selecting a different note?


When keyboard focus is in a text view, tab inserts a tab/takes you  
to the next tab stop.


If you hold down the control key (that is, type control tab or  
control shift tab), you will be taken to the next/previous view  
which accepts keyboard focus.



anyway to remove tab focus from hitting the gear control and other
little details on the UI? it takes about 6 tabs to get around between
the lists.


This can be controlled with a system wide setting. In the Keyboard  
Shortcuts pane of the Keyboard  Mouse pref pane (in System  
Preferences) there is a setting which controls whether pressing tab  
takes you to Text boxes and lists only or All controls.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: zoom hot key, slider?

2007-12-20 Thread Jim Correia

On Dec 20, 2007, at 1:02 AM, Michael Young wrote:

I think it would make sense to have a hot key for Zoom In and Zoom  
Out.

Using View  Zoom In is tedious if I have to do it three times.


Michael,

Although Yojimbo doesn't offer customization of menu keyboard  
shortcuts, you can add keyboard shortcuts using the Keyboard  Mouse  
preference pane in System Preferences.


In addition, for standalone windows, these commands are available on  
the toolbar.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: backing up Yojimbo

2007-12-14 Thread Jim Correia

On Dec 14, 2007, at 9:40 PM, Michael Young wrote:

If I back up my YJ data to an external drive, what do I need to  
save? Here are the ones I'm guessing at (wish they were all in the  
same place).


http://faq.barebones.com/do_getanswer.php?record_id=133

Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Search Within Application Doesn't Work In 1.5

2007-12-06 Thread Jim Correia

On Dec 6, 2007, at 6:59 PM, Reuben Halper wrote:


I upgraded to 1.5 and reinstalled the widescreen hack.

When I search in Yojimbo for a particular phrase, it doesn't narrow  
down the notes that are available or return any results.  In other  
words, regardless of what I enter into the search field, all my  
notes still show up.


Is anyone having a similar experience?  Solutions?


Install a fresh copy of 1.5. Do not install the widescreen hack.

Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Using Yojimbo with Spaces

2007-12-05 Thread Jim Correia

On Nov 1, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Gabriel Schwartz wrote:

I just wanted to pass on a hint that may be useful for those that  
use the Yojimbo drop dock, and would like it to appear in every Space.


When using Yojimbo 1.5, the Drop Dock will automatically appear in  
every space. No special trickery with the Spaces preferences is  
necessary.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: YJ and Leopard Spotlight

2007-11-16 Thread Jim Correia

On Nov 16, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Jon Baer wrote:

But the tags did get picked up.  Im wondering if the files @ / 
Applications/Yojimbo.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/Yojimbo  
Spotlight Importer.mdimporter/Contents/Resources can have any effect?


Modifying parts of the Yojimbo package is not recommended (nor  
supported) and will not have any affect on whether or not tags are  
available to Spotlight searches.


We plan to make tags available to Spotlight queries in the next release.

Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Yojimbo password

2007-11-12 Thread Jim Correia

On Nov 12, 2007, at 3:43 PM, Jan Pieter Kunst wrote:


I then tried to create a new Keychain specifically for Yojimbo, to
store just the Yj password. Unfortunately, that did not work. Yojimbo
apparently can only use the 'login' keychain.


This is a known limitation which will be removed in the next release.  
For now, the Yojimbo keychain entry must be in the default keychain.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Lost F6 for activating Yojimbo on Leopard

2007-11-06 Thread Jim Correia

On Nov 4, 2007, at 8:16 PM, Ken G. Brown wrote:

When running Yojimbo on Leopard, I've lost the ability to hit F6 to  
activate Yojimbo.
When I try to set Hot Keys in Yojimbo Preferences, I get the  
following in the Console, and I cannot close the Preferences, but I  
can Quit.


Yojimbo[1553] *** -[NSCFString appendString:]: nil argument

I am unable to restore the F6 Yojimbo activation.

Any work around?


There is a bug in the Hot Keys preference pane which is exposed by  
certain keyboard layouts when running on Leopard. We'll address this  
for the next release.


In the meantime, you can workaround it with the following steps:

Select the US keyboard layout.
Open the preferences window; adjust your hot keys.
Select any other pane in the preferences window.
Restore your usual keyboard layout.

Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: feature request: quickly show collections to which an item belongs

2007-10-29 Thread Jim Correia

On Oct 29, 2007, at 10:08 PM, Rhet Turnbull wrote:

It would also be nice for Command-I to open the Inspector when in  
the main view of Yojimbo.


Command-I is the keyboard shortcut for Italic in the Font Style  
menu, as is customary for applications which support styled text  
editing.


You can override/change the built-in keyboard shortcuts using the  
Keyboard  Mouse pane in System Preferences.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Identifying current item when list pane does not have focus (Applescript)

2007-08-31 Thread Jim Correia

On Aug 31, 2007, at 12:22 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:

I find that as long as I specify selected items of browser window  
1, I get the selected

items even if a non-browser window is window 1 or if the browser
window isn't even open. Referring to the selected items of window 1,
on the other hand, only works if window 1 is a browser window.


That's correct. As long as the main window exists, selected items of  
browser window 1 will always work even if some other window is  
frontmost.


Jim

--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Identifying current item when list pane does not have focus (Applescript)

2007-08-30 Thread Jim Correia

On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:24 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:


When writing Applescripts for Yojimbo, the selection property
reports the currently selected database item[s]. However, if you
select a note item (for example) and click in the note text to edit
it, the selection is missing value. The note clearly remains the
current item, and therefore seems as reasonable a target for scripting
as when the item list rather than the note text had focus. Is there an
Applescripty way to determine the id of the current item in these
circumstances?


The selection property on the application is an alias for the  
selection property on the front window.


The selection follows the user focus. When user focus is not in the  
collection or items list, there is no scriptable object selected, so  
asking for the selection property returns missing value to indicate  
this.


The scripting class of the main window is browser window and it has  
two additional properties which allow you to access the selected  
collection and selected items independent of the currently focused  
view. Run the following with the event log open:


tell application Yojimbo
selection
if class of window 1 is browser window then
selected collections of browser window 1
selected items of browser window 1
end if
end tell

Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Image/CSS problems with Webarchives

2007-08-05 Thread Jim Correia

On Aug 5, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Jacob Lyles wrote:


I created a Web Archive of the following URL via Applescript:
http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2007/08/01/dining/01appespan. 
1.ready.html




Viewing within Yojimbo doesn't present problems but if I choose  
View in
Safari, then the images disappear. The same problem occurs if I  
drag the

Web Archive out of Yojimbo to the finder and open it.

What's happening?


Yojimbo has custom web archive loading code that ensures the archived  
data is used (when present) rather than making a network request  
(which may fail, or return different data than was archived.)


Opening the web archive in Safari doesn't take advantage of this  
code. This may be the what you are seeing.


On a separate note, I've also seen cases of CSS files not being  
included in
the web archives (which results in crappy presentation and is  
useless for my

purposes). I'll see if I can find an example to try to narrow down the
problem.


If you come up with a recipe to reproduce the problem, please send  
details to [EMAIL PROTECTED] so I can investigate.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: AppleScript: How to access note contents?

2007-05-23 Thread Jim Correia

On May 22, 2007, at 10:35 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:


Can someone help me figure out how to access note text with
AppleScript? Here is a contrived example of what I'm trying to do:

tell application Yojimbo
	set _item to make new note item with properties {name:Foo,  
contents:Bar}

set _text to contents of _item
end tell

I'd like to assign the Bar contents to the _text variable, but it
just gets another reference to the note item. I don't actually need to
put it all in a variable;


According to the Scripting Guidelines:

If an object’s contents can be represented as a single value, it
should define a contents property. For example, documents in a word
processor would define a contents property that returned all the
text as a string. contents is usually writable.

For this reason, Yojimbo note items have a property named contents.

The problem you are running into is because you have a variable which  
contains a reference (specifier) to the note item.


AppleScript treats contents of specially when operating on variables.

set x to 3
contents of x
-- 3

If x is a reference/specifier to an object, then sometimes  
AppleScript will automatically dereference the variable for you.


tell application Script Editor
set d to document 2
name of d
-- My Fancy Script
name of contents of d
-- My Fancy Script
end tell

But AppleScript doesn't do the implicit dereferencing when asking for  
the contents property (because of the semantics in the first example.)


tell application Script Editor
set d to document 2
name of d
-- My Fancy Script
contents of d
	-- AppleScript asks the script editor for `document 2`, and it  
returns

-- document 2 of application Script Editor
contents of contents of d
	-- AppleScript asks the script editor for `contents of document  
2`, and it returns

-- the text content of the document
contents of document 2
	-- AppleScript asks the script editor for `contents of document  
2`, and it returns

-- the text content of the document
end tell

This conflict between the contents property and the contents of  
operator can be confusing.


To solution in this situation (when you've got a specifier stored in  
a variable) is to use the double contents of syntax:


set s to contents of contents of variableName

Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Adding list of items to a collection with AppleScript

2007-05-19 Thread Jim Correia

On May 16, 2007, at 4:59 PM, Jim DeVona wrote:


How can I add a list of items to a collection with AppleScript? I can
add one item at a time, but for large sets of items this is a pokey
(although watching the item count next to the collection icon climb is
kind of interesting). The scripting dictionary implies that you can
add more than one object at once, but I can't seem to figure out the
syntax.


[...]


Any corrections or suggestions?


The add verb currently only accepts a single specifier as the direct  
parameter. You can add multiple items to a collection at once, but  
only by way of a single specifier that evaluates to multiple items.


	add (every bookmark item whose name contains foo) to folder  
collection Foo


I have logged a feature request to make this verb more flexible in  
the future (i.e. accept a list of specifiers). In the meantime,  
you'll have to add them one at a time.


Jim

--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Triggering the save command

2007-05-11 Thread Jim Correia

On May 11, 2007, at 6:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:


On May 10, 2007, at 12:51pm, Steve Kalkwarf wrote:

To be specific, Yojimbo doesn't edit documents and as such,  
doesn't have any sort of notion of an unsaved document.


if that's the case, then why does yojimbo have a save command at  
all?  :-)


It is possible to work with separate editor windows in manual save  
mode. The main window always autosaves.


while i understand, semantically, what you're saying, i think the  
bottom line is consistency in the user experience. when i create a  
note in yojimbo, i'm creating a document, whether yojimbo thinks  
it's a document or not. the fact that yojimbo auto-saves is  
fantastic! but if i create a note (document) and start typing,  
until yojimbo auto-saves, that document has not been saved.


Consider iCal as an example. When you create a new calendar/ 
appointment/to do in iCal, it doesn't mark the main window as edited  
until such time as iCal commits the edits to disk.


Yojimbo manages the details for you.

Jim

--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Another copying question

2007-05-05 Thread Jim Correia

On May 5, 2007, at 10:00 AM, ~ Robyn wrote:


Since we are discussing copying into Yojimbo...
Why is it when I copy something from Safari it pastes perfectly in  
tact into
Yojimbo and doesn't when I copy from Firefox. I assume this is a  
Mozilla
issue. Is there  a way to work around the problem and still use  
Firefox?

When I use firefox I do not retain the graphics and formatting.


Unfortunately, FireFox only supplies plain text (not styled text,  
with images) when copying.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: More keyboard shortcuts, please!!

2007-05-05 Thread Jim Correia

On May 5, 2007, at 7:40 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

thanks for the tip! i wasn't aware of the command-(1-5) shortcuts  
in the panel. nice!


In addition, you can add keyboard shortcuts via System Preferences -  
Keyboard  Mouse - Keyboard Shortcuts.


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: More keyboard shortcuts, please!!

2007-05-05 Thread Jim Correia

On May 5, 2007, at 8:53 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:


yes, but to my knowledge, not to yojimbo.  :-)


You can add application specific keyboard shorcuts at the bottom of  
the list.


Quit Yojimbo.
Add the shorcts via System Preferences.
Re-launch Yojimbo.

I just added the following for testing:

New Bookmark - Command-Control-B
New Web Archive... - Command-Control-A

of course, i can also use quickeys (which i do extensively), but if  
you ever find yourself using an app on another computer, you have  
to do without your custom shortcuts, unless quickeys is also  
installed there and your shortcuts have been imported. so it's nice  
to learn and use an app's built-in shortcuts, wherever possible.


I am not unsympathetic to your point of view. I'm just trying to give  
you a solution to this problem using the software you already have :-)


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


Re: Feature Requests

2007-04-11 Thread Jim Correia

On Apr 11, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Yash L. Khemani wrote:

4. It would be nice to have a feature to export all items in a  
collection and all items in YJ.  YJ really works for me, but if I  
decide a year down the road that I want to change my workflow, I'd  
like to be able to easily take my data in a portable format and  
go.  If you export all, it would be nice to have files dumped into  
folders named by the collection names.


Choosing Export... from the file menu will export the selected items.

If you wish to export all your collections into named folders, you  
can do so using the scripting interface. (Keep in mind that an item  
can exist in multiple collections, and all items are accessible  
through the Library.)


Jim


--
--
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
 the mailing list yojimbo-talk@barebones.com.
To unsubscribe, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://www.listsearch.com/yojimbotalk.lasso
Have a feature request, or not sure if the software's working 
correctly? Please send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]