[Zope-dev] what transaction does get_transaction().commit() really commit?

2001-06-17 Thread Jephte Clain
hello, I have a method that reads: 8 def do_something(self): from Zope import DB conn = db.open() conn.root()['name'] = 'value' get_transaction().commit() conn.close() 8 the method can be called from everywhere, and that's the reason

[Zope-dev] Re: AW: jcNTUserFolder

2001-06-12 Thread Jephte Clain
with Zope if it is running in remote user mode. At least, with your patch, one can browse the site anonymously regards, [EMAIL PROTECTED] -Ursprüngliche Nachricht- Von: Jephte Clain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Gesendet: Freitag, 8. Juni 2001 14:25 An: Roesch, Alexander Betreff: Re

[Zope-dev] first zope-2.3.0a2 bug :-)

2001-01-10 Thread Jephte CLAIN
well, this one is easy. 8-- --- lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Aqueduct.py.origThu Jan 11 10:59:42 2001 +++ lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Aqueduct.py Thu Jan 11 10:58:01 2001 @@ -272,7 +272,7 @@

Re: [Zope-dev] zpatterns: how to invalidate the attributecache?

2000-08-21 Thread Jephte CLAIN
"Phillip J. Eby" wrote: I don't see a need for a mass invalidation operation, just more documentation on these inner workings. :) or the lack of an attribute depencies mechanism :-) if attribute x depends on attribute y from another generic attribute provider, invalidation of y doesn't make y

[Zope-dev] zpatterns: how to invalidate the attribute cache?

2000-08-10 Thread Jephte CLAIN
Hello, I feel a need to invalidate a dataskin attribute cache after it has been edited, because other objects might want to use the just modified dataskin, but with the new values. Of course, these values come from some attribute providers that should be re-queried. Any thoughts? It seems that

[Zope-dev] Re: zpatterns-0.4.0a5: problem with unregistering transactionals

2000-07-27 Thread Jephte CLAIN
Jephte CLAIN wrote: I have a case where Transactional._unregister is called without Transactional._register being called, raising an exception in Transaction._unregister and then in ZODB.Transaction.Transaction.__del__, causing Zope to dump core when it is run as a daemon (because python

Re: [Zope-dev] Re: zpatterns-0.4.0a5: problem withunregistering transactionals

2000-07-27 Thread Jephte CLAIN
"Phillip J. Eby" a écrit : Question... Are you on 2.1.x or 2.2? I'm still on 2.1.6. I cannot afford a migration of my product now since it is still in developpement and my customer wants it to work as soon as possible. Also, in your example, tpc_entered is not set because tpc_entered is

[Zope-dev] zpatterns-0.4.0a5: problem with unregistering transactionals

2000-07-26 Thread Jephte CLAIN
hello, I have a case where Transactional._unregister is called without Transactional._register being called, raising an exception in Transaction._unregister and then in ZODB.Transaction.Transaction.__del__, causing Zope to dump core when it is run as a daemon (because python notifies of the

[Zope-dev] several permissions for the same method

2000-07-19 Thread Jephte CLAIN
Hello, is it possible for a single method, under Zope 2.1.6, to have several permissions? ie __ac_permission__ = ( ('edit my data', 'edit_data'), ('edit others\'s data', 'edit_data'), ) I have the scenario where a user can edit *its* data but not other users's data, unless he has a

Re: [Zope-dev] several permissions for the same method

2000-07-19 Thread Jephte CLAIN
Dieter Maurer wrote: Jephte CLAIN writes: I have the scenario where a user can edit *its* data but not other users's data, unless he has a special role. however, the method used to edit one's data is the same. Can you not use the "Owner" role for this? I suppose not, be

[Zope-dev] zpatterns: how to specify default values?

2000-07-13 Thread Jephte CLAIN
hello, a common practice is to put default values for attributes for a classe as class variables. if the instance hasn't got the value, it gets the value from the class. but I can't do this with dataskins, because direct dataskins attributes take precedence on attributes providers. the way I

Re: [Zope-dev] zpatterns-0.4: defaults attributes, more...

2000-07-13 Thread Jephte CLAIN
"Phillip J. Eby" a écrit : Try: data=(self.which_one and [self.second_data] or [self.first_data])[0] wow. what a *clever* idea to use [] around self.???_data. I used to write: data=self.which_one and self.second_data or self.first_data but this failed because sometimes self.second_data is a

Re: [Zope-dev] zpatterns: how to specify default values?

2000-07-13 Thread Jephte CLAIN
"Phillip J. Eby" a écrit : Yes. Name the attributes "class_default_for_X" where X is the attribute name. Thanks very much. This works with the currently release ZPatterns, but alpha5 will go one better and let you create ZClass property sheets that transparently implement this. That is,

[Zope-dev] zpatterns-0.4: creating an item in virtual mode

2000-07-05 Thread Jephte CLAIN
Hello, I use virtual attribute access to provide access to my SQL database. However, I want to use the Rack.newItem facility to create new records in the database. But it fails because in virtual mode, an item always exists. This patch solves the problem, at least for me --- Rack.py.orig

Re: [Zope-dev] bug in zpatterns-0.4 ?

2000-07-04 Thread Jephte CLAIN
"Phillip J. Eby" wrote: When Philipp wake up (I guess he's asleep right now :-)), he might give his opinion about that. I've been on vacation. I knew it. But it's always funny to play with timezone issues. I'm basically with Mike on this one, with a slight amplification on my intention

Re: [Zope-dev] bug in zpatterns-0.4 ?

2000-07-04 Thread Jephte CLAIN
"Phillip J. Eby" wrote: Nope. The two levels of methods (get/retrieve and new/create) are there to seperate Rack-level concerns from implementation concerns. getItem() and newItem() handle maintenance of Rack-level invariants such as the retrieval cache, while retrieveItem() and

[Zope-dev] bug in zpatterns-0.4 ?

2000-06-27 Thread Jephte CLAIN
hello, Rack.createItem (low level method) first calls Rack.getItem (higher level method) to check the existence of the item. This causes infinite loop in certain cases. It should (IMHO) call Rack.retrieveItem instead regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED

[Zope-dev] zpatterns-0.4a4

2000-06-26 Thread Jephte CLAIN
item return None regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] ___ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! ** (Related lists - http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope

Re: [Zope-dev] zpatterns-0.4a4

2000-06-26 Thread Jephte CLAIN
at least) They are used for different things. Or it is kept for compatibilty with old applications (at least, LoginManager use the Specialist/Rack paradigm) (Oh Gott, help mine improvink mie English :-) itoo :-) regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED

[Zope] Re: help!

2000-06-21 Thread Jephte CLAIN
jcNTUserFolder hooks into the nt security module to get users. That way, you can get all the users you have defined under NT without the need to create them again under Zope. regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] ___ Zope maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] h

[Zope-dev] DA for postgresql?

2000-06-20 Thread Jephte CLAIN
don't have the choice -- I have to use PostgreSQL. thanks for any input regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] ___ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! ** (Related

Re: [Zope-dev] DA for postgresql?

2000-06-20 Thread Jephte CLAIN
. It could be, say, 128 terms long. Is this what you are talking about when you say 'tuple' ? Besides, Thierry is French! cocorico! :-) regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] ___ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.zope.org/mailman

[Zope-dev] zpatterns-0.4 ?

2000-06-06 Thread Jephte CLAIN
rovider. I already have some ideas on how to do it, but I lack to view how far the concept have to be pushed. Without any help, I will end up writing a SQL Attribute Provider that work only for me... regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] ___ Zope-De

[Zope-dev] zpatterns: win32 dll for DynPersist?

2000-05-25 Thread Jephte CLAIN
Hello, Has someone compiled the DynPersist dll for win32? if someone has done so, it would be glad to send me a copy by tomorrow. it will help me greatly. TIA, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] ___ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http

[Zope] Re: problems with NTUserFolder.

2000-05-25 Thread Jephte CLAIN
or example, to the management screens. When you install jcNTUserFolder as the root user folder, you have to choose the NT user that will be mapped to the super user. The first time, you have to log with that user. Note that this 'super user' needn't be a privileged one under NT. regards, jephte cl

[Zope-dev] zpatterns: rackmountables must be of-wrapped

2000-05-24 Thread Jephte CLAIN
is fine. So: retrieveItem, createItem use vanilla objects getItem, newItem wrap objects before returning them regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] ___ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev ** No cross

[Zope-dev] catlogged specialist and rack

2000-05-22 Thread Jephte CLAIN
. This, in fact, is a quick hack. remember that all these will be useless when ZPatterns-0.4.0 is out. But I'm fool enough to use evolving software still in infant stage... hope this is useful like it is for me. regards, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] Searchable.tgz

[Zope-dev] how to download a entire ZWiki site?

2000-05-22 Thread Jephte CLAIN
zope-dev, but I need the wikis to zope-develop... thanks, jephte clain [EMAIL PROTECTED] ___ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! ** (Related lists - http

Re: [Zope-dev] a simple example of the ZPatterns frame work

2000-05-18 Thread Jephte CLAIN
traceback and send it to you tomorrow. I hope it will be useful. You probably noticed that when you are at work, it's time to sleep for me. see you tomorrow :-) we-should-definitely-have-36-hours-a-day-ly yours, Jephte CLAIN [EMAIL PROTECTED] begin:vcard n:CLAIN;Jephte x-mozilla-html:FALSE version