I need help in configuring user authentication for
a folder in Zope using MySQL database. I spent many hours reading and searching
for the answer but I con not reach a successful outcome. Here is what I did so
- the folder that needs to be protected is "Root
- I added a "MySQL_database_connection (Z MySQL
Database Connection). The "Status" tab says the connection is open.
- I added an "acl_users" (Extensible User
- the "parameters" tab is set to "cookie-based
- the "Authentication Source" tab
Database Connection set to
Table Name set to "webusers"
Username Column set to
Password Column set to "user_pass"
Roles Column set to
- the "Properties Source" tab shows
Database Connection set to "MySQL_database_connection"
- the "Membership Source" tab shows (I
list only some of the entries here):
Mail Host set to "MialHost"
Site Base set to "http://my.ip.address:8080/domains/mydomain"Relative
Path (from base) of Login Page set to "LoginForm"Relative Path (from
base) of Signup Page set to "SignupForm"Relative Path (from base) of
Change Password Page set to "ChangPasswordForm"After login set to
"Go to intended destination"Default Roles has nothing
- the "Groups Source" is
- the "Security" tab shows all set to
- the "Contents" tab has a list of DTML
and folders (too long to enter them here)
- I added an "index_html" DTML
- I inserted a row in the database with the
following data "user_login=admin" "user_pass=schi" "user_roles=administrator" (I
used phpMyAdmin for this since I did not know how to do it in Zope)
When I call in a browser http://my.ip.address:8080/domains/mydomain
the above "index_html" is displayed
When I change on the "Security" tab
ofthe "index_html" method, the "View" permission from "Acquire" to
"Authenticated" I do receive the "Login Required" page from
domains/mydomain/acl_users and the "Contents" tab, DTML method called "docLogin
If I enter the user name as "caladmin" and
its password "schi" and click the OK button ...the login page comes back
over and over again. No error messages are displayed.
What am I doing wrong and how can I
makeit work? Please help.
Zope-DB mailing list