Re: [Zope-dev] Setting vars in expression eval() namespace

2001-02-22 Thread Steve Alexander
Julio Maia wrote: Hi, I'm trying to create a tag to evaluate the expression passed to it, adding in the expression eval namespace a variable that contains the result of dtml processing of the tag's block. For instance, the following construct: dtml-bvar "foo(a=1)" var="block"

Re: [Zope-dev] Setting vars in expression eval() namespace

2001-02-22 Thread Julio Maia
On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:53:54PM +, Steve Alexander wrote: Julio Maia wrote: This is not going to be handy once the block is composed by a large dtml block. I wonder if dtml-var shouldn't support the syntax I've described above. I suggest instead using a PythonScript, and

Re: [Zope-dev] DTML Documents/Folders in ZClasses fail to accessanything

2001-02-22 Thread Itai Tavor
Steve Alexander wrote: Itai Tavor wrote: Hi, I got a ZClass 'Test', with a DTML Method 'view' containing dtml-var id, and a DTML Document 'view2' with the same line. instance/view works. instance/view2 returns (ZDebug output): From SimpleItem.py: """Direct use of the 'id' attribute is

Re: [Zope-dev] Setting vars in expression eval() namespace

2001-02-22 Thread Steve Alexander
Julio Maia wrote: This is not going to be handy once the block is composed by a large dtml block. I wonder if dtml-var shouldn't support the syntax I've described above. I suggest instead using a PythonScript, and using the DTML class that you can import from the

Re: [Zope-dev] Setting vars in expression eval() namespace

2001-02-22 Thread Julio Maia
On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:24:57PM +, Steve Alexander wrote: Julio Maia wrote: Hi, I'm trying to create a tag to evaluate the expression passed to it, adding in the expression eval namespace a variable that contains the result of dtml processing of the tag's block. For

Re: [Zope-dev] initializing objects in ZPatterns

2001-02-22 Thread Steve Alexander
Christian Scholz wrote: Hi! I just encountered another problem with ZPatterns (well not exactly with ZPatterns but the way I use it.. ;-) I have some Specialist with a normal rack which stores data persistently in the ZODB. Everytime I am creating a new object I want to create an object

Re: [Zope-dev] FTP error messages

2001-02-22 Thread richard
Chris Withers wrote: [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I've now added the ability to set the message to be sent back to the FTP client on FTPResponse. The patch is attached. We'll be using it and I hope that it, or something similar, makes it into the 2.3.1. Please, please, please put this in

[Zope-dev] usability bug concerning database connections?

2001-02-22 Thread Jim Penny
regarding Zope 2.3.0: I removed a database connection from a top level (there is a second one). All my ZSQL methods were connected to the first one. The user interface now looks like if the second one is connected (it is shown as Connection Id). This is confusing. It would be better to

[Zope-dev] usability bug concerning database connections?

2001-02-22 Thread Jan-Oliver Wagner
Hi, regarding Zope 2.3.0: I removed a database connection from a top level (there is a second one). All my ZSQL methods were connected to the first one. The user interface now looks like if the second one is connected (it is shown as Connection Id). This is confusing. It would be better to

Re: [Zope-dev] Acquisition muddleness solved!

2001-02-22 Thread richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: A simple enough scenario: Python 1.5.2 (#1, Sep 30 2000, 18:08:36) [GCC 2.95.3 19991030 (prerelease)] on linux-i386 Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam import ExtensionClass import Acquisition class A(ExtensionClass.Base): ... def

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog Lazy Results

2001-02-22 Thread Johan Carlsson
Casey Duncan [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Yes, you always get all the meta-data. However, does anyone know how the "used" argument of ZCatalog.searchResults works, or why you would use it? 'used' tells you the names of the indexes which actually participated in the search (as distinct

[Zope-dev] ZClass - Python Product

2001-02-22 Thread Tom Deprez
Hi, Is there a way to convert a running application with ZClass to Python Products without loosing data? Even better : Is there a tool which converts a ZClass in a rough Python Product Code? So that we've already the python source code and only have to make to code cleaner? Thanks in advance,

[Zope-dev] ZCatalog stuff

2001-02-22 Thread Chris Withers
Johan Carlsson wrote: Casey Duncan [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Yes, you always get all the meta-data. However, does anyone know how the "used" argument of ZCatalog.searchResults works, or why you would use it? 'used' tells you the names of the indexes which actually

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog Lazy Results

2001-02-22 Thread Tres Seaver
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Johan Carlsson wrote: Casey Duncan [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Yes, you always get all the meta-data. However, does anyone know how the "used" argument of ZCatalog.searchResults works, or why you would use it? 'used' tells you the names of the indexes which

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog stuff

2001-02-22 Thread Chris Withers
Tres Seaver wrote: Chris, this necrohippophilic sadism has to stop! Erm? I think my education is lacking... what does that mean? :-S "most humeans" does *not* map to "English speakers who prefer case-insensitive collation." I disagree but it's not worth arguing about. However, the people

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog stuff

2001-02-22 Thread Steve Alexander
Chris Withers wrote: Tres Seaver wrote: Chris, this necrohippophilic sadism has to stop! Erm? I think my education is lacking... what does that mean? :-S necrohippo philic sadism dead-horse-loving act of deliberate harm upon -- Steve Alexander Software Engineer Cat-Box limited

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog stuff

2001-02-22 Thread Tres Seaver
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Chris Withers wrote: Tres Seaver wrote: Chris, this necrohippophilic sadism has to stop! Erm? I think my education is lacking... what does that mean? :-S "Beating a dead horse". :) "most humeans" does *not* map to "English speakers who prefer case-insensitive

[Zope-dev] ZCatalog madness. (Must log in as emergencyuser.)

2001-02-22 Thread Erik Enge
Right. This is the traceback I get, after doing a search (searchResults) - which goes fine by teh way - and then trying to do an getobject(x.data_record_id_) as a non-emergencyuser user get up an login box and press escape: Unauthorized Sorry, a Zope error occurred. Traceback (innermost

Re: [Zope-dev] initializing objects in ZPatterns

2001-02-22 Thread Christian Scholz
Hi! I just encountered another problem with ZPatterns (well not exactly with ZPatterns but the way I use it.. ;-) I have some Specialist with a normal rack which stores data persistently in the ZODB. Everytime I am creating a new object I want to create an object of another

Re: [Zope-dev] Storing part of an object on the file system

2001-02-22 Thread John D. Heintz
Andy, I'm just checking an assumption that I'm making about the Ext* Products: They do no work out of the box with ZEO, right? That is, they would require some sort of shared network drive for all ZEO clients to functions correctly. Thanks, John Andy McKay wrote: Actually just follow up I

Re: [Zope-dev] Storing part of an object on the file system

2001-02-22 Thread Andy McKay
That is, they would require some sort of shared network drive for all ZEO clients to functions correctly. Im no expert on ZEO, but I believe that is the case. ___ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog stuff

2001-02-22 Thread Andy McKay
I disagree but it's not worth arguing about. However, the people who pay my salary feel that way which means I care ;-) Ive been taking the Larry Wall approach to this when people tell me the correct way to do things: "A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog stuff

2001-02-22 Thread Casey Duncan
--- Andy McKay [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I disagree but it's not worth arguing about. However, the people who pay my salary feel that way which means I care ;-) Ive been taking the Larry Wall approach to this when people tell me the correct way to do things: "A Perl script is

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog madness. (Must log in as emergencyuser.)

2001-02-22 Thread Chris McDonough
I'm not sure why this isn't in 2.3.1b1, but yes, the code in getobject was changed to use unrestrictedTraverse for this very reason. - Original Message - From: "Erik Enge" [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 10:33 AM Subject:

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog stuff

2001-02-22 Thread Andy McKay
Well hell, what's good enough for Perl is good enough for... *slaps self silly* C'mon, are you really seriously gonna back up reasoning for Zope features by quoting Larry Wall??? 8^) Why not ? (sometimes) he makes sense ;) -- Andy McKay.

Re: [Zope-dev] initializing objects in ZPatterns

2001-02-22 Thread Christian Scholz
Hi! To get company_address stored, you can probably do something like: your_object.manage_changeProperties(company_address=your_object.company_address) or possibly your_object.propertysheets.NameOfSheet.manage_changeProperties... depending on what kind of object you're using. I've now

Re: [Zope-dev] initializing objects in ZPatterns

2001-02-22 Thread Steve Alexander
Christian Scholz wrote: I've now tried WHEN OBJECT ADDED CALL self.propertysheets.data.manage_changeProperties(company_address=self.company_address) which gives me some Unauthorized error on the method call. Give your skinscript an appropriate proxy role. -- Steve Alexander

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog madness. (Must log in as emergencyuser.)

2001-02-22 Thread Chris McDonough
You can get the object, but you can't do anything with it. - Original Message - From: "Steve Alexander" [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: "Chris McDonough" [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: "Erik Enge" [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 12:38 PM Subject:

Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog Lazy Results

2001-02-22 Thread Dieter Maurer
Tres Seaver writes: 'getObject' forces you to "wake up" the catalogued object; in a large enough result set, the price is pretty punitive, compared to serving the results as cached metadata. You can batch large result sets: "getObject" would just be applied to the objects in the batch. The

Re: [Zope-dev] Setting vars in expression eval() namespace

2001-02-22 Thread Dieter Maurer
Julio Maia writes: I'm trying to create a tag to evaluate the expression passed to it, adding in the expression eval namespace a variable that contains the result of dtml processing of the tag's block. For instance, the following construct: dtml-bvar "foo(a=1)" var="block" some

[Zope-dev] Error message traceback

2001-02-22 Thread Philipp von Weitershausen
Hi there, how do I turn off this annoying traceback that is always printed out when an error occurrs? -- Philipp von Weitershausen [ *pronounce: "fun Viters-houzen" ] Web http://www.philikon.de/ ___ Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[Zope-dev] What's the use of defining permissions for ZClass definition

2001-02-22 Thread Dirksen
Hi, ZClass definition has a 'Define Permissions' tab. Yet any modification there doesn't seem to affect the ZClass instance's security profile at all. What's the use of that? Cheers Dirksen __ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you

Re: [Zope-dev] Error message traceback

2001-02-22 Thread Erik Enge
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote: how do I turn off this annoying traceback that is always printed out when an error occurrs? Start Zope with out the debugging switch; "-D". Look in your z2.py file for expalation of it, and in start (or start.bat on Windows?) to remove