[Zope] utf-8 problem in Zope when using Localizer

2007-08-24 Thread Patrick Ulmer
Hi, because nobody in der Localizer-Mailings list react and I thinks it could be a common problem with utf-8 in zope, I ask my question here also. I use Localizer 1.2.1 and I try out some things and all looks great. After testing Localizer my next plan was to switch from encoding ISO-8859-15 to

Re: [Zope] utf-8 problem in Zope when using Localizer

2007-08-24 Thread Patrick Ulmer
Hi, 4. I insert html-code and some russian chars for testing html head meta http-equiv=content-type content=text/html; charset=utf-8 /head body ...russian chars... /body /html After Saving all looks great in ZMI and also in my webbrowser. 5. Now I add one line to use a

Re: [Zope] utf-8 problem in Zope when using Localizer

2007-08-24 Thread Patrick Ulmer
I have checked it but it is the same problem. Browser is encoding in utf-8 correct, but the result (html sourcecode from zope) is not utf-8 anymore after inserting dtml-var MessageCatalog('Hallo Welt!') and I don't know why it changed. How can a dtml-var-tag changed the encoding for the

Re: [Zope] utf-8 problem in Zope when using Localizer

2007-08-24 Thread Patrick Ulmer
and then dtml-var MessageCatalog('Hallo Welt!') works. Now I only must find the right place for setdefaultencoding() so it only affect my zope-instance. Regars Patrick Patrick Ulmer schrieb: I think it's the right way for a solution. Now my page is utf-8, but if the string returned from MessageCatalog