Re: [gentoo-user] kde-meta minus toys, games, etc

2006-06-02 Thread Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
$ ls /usr/portage/kde-base/ | grep meta kdeaccessibility-meta kdeaddons-meta kdeadmin-meta kdeartwork-meta kdebase-meta kdebindings-meta kdeedu-meta kdegames-meta kdegraphics-meta kde-meta kdemultimedia-meta kdenetwork-meta kdepim-meta kdesdk-meta kdetoys-meta kdeutils-meta kdewebdev-meta

Re: [gentoo-user] Make portage assume, that a package is installed

2007-06-15 Thread Justin Findlay
On AD 2007 June 15 Friday 08:55:40 AM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote: On my system, I don't use a modem and don't intend to ever do so. Because of this, I did not install net-dialup/ppp. But I'd now like to install kde-base/kde-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kdenetwork-meta, which will pull

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Finer grained kde*-meta packages

2007-06-16 Thread Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
. If you don't want all of kdenetwork you don't install kdenetwork-meta, you install individual applications from kdenetwork. Well, but as kdenetwork-meta is a dependency of kde-meta, this solution means, that about 300 packages should be manually listed, just because one package is not wanted

Re: [gentoo-user] Best route forward?

2008-01-02 Thread Hemmann, Volker Armin
(there is no logic behind this - but the devs decided it this way...). You don't have to unmerge kde first. You can do it in a more 'gradual' way. For example: first unmerge kdenetwork, then emerge kdenetwork-meta. Unmerge kdebase, emerge kdebase-meta and so on. -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list

[gentoo-user] Re: Re: Finer grained kde*-meta packages

2007-06-16 Thread Alexander Skwar
like the monolithic kde* package. If you don't want all of kdenetwork you don't install kdenetwork-meta, you install individual applications from kdenetwork. Well, but as kdenetwork-meta is a dependency of kde-meta, this solution means, that about 300 packages should be manually listed, just

Re: [gentoo-user] kde kwifimanager blocked by kdenetwork

2005-05-05 Thread Neil Bothwick
would like to use my /etc/portage/package.use file (as is the proper way right), so what package(s) entry should I put in there to USE 'wifi'? If I try to emerge -Dav kde-base/kdenetwork-meta I get all kinds of packages that are blocked by =kde-base/kdenetwork-3.4* You want kdenetwork

Re: [gentoo-user] Finer grained kde*-meta packages

2007-06-18 Thread Neil Bothwick
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 06:08:52 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote: Well, but as kdenetwork-meta is a dependency of kde-meta, this solution means, that about 300 packages should be manually listed, just because one package is not wanted. No, because as I covered in my other reply, you

[gentoo-user] Finer grained kde*-meta packages (was: Make portage assume, that a package is installed)

2007-06-15 Thread Alexander Skwar
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: However, I suggest that a cleaner method would be to not install kde-meta or kdenetwork-meta at all but instead just install the KDE applications that you require. Actually, I disagree. This would (obviously *g*) mean, that kde-meta cannot

[gentoo-user] Re: Make portage assume, that a package is installed

2007-06-15 Thread Alexander Skwar
in kde-base/kdenetwork-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kppp and this will finally pull in net-dialup/ppp. When I encountered this one (there really should be a ppp flag for Yep. the kdenetwork ebuild), I did this: # vi $(equery which kdenetwork) Thanks. But I also do not want to edit

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-meta minus toys, games, etc

2006-06-02 Thread Mick
packages. Install kdebase-meta, kdenetwork-meta, kdepim-meta etc. kde-meta is for those that want to install everything. Thanks for all the replies. What's the best way to find out what -meta packages exist and what they contain? -- Regards, Mick -- gentoo-user@gentoo.org mailing list

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?

2011-06-23 Thread Alan McKinnon
/kdebase-runtime-meta kde-base/kdegraphics-meta kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta kde-base/kdenetwork-meta kde-base/kdepim-meta kde-base/kdeutils-meta -- alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Re: [gentoo-user] kopete needs net-libs/ortp ??

2009-12-01 Thread Dale
Willie Wong wrote: On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 08:24:02AM -0600, Penguin Lover Dale squawked: emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ~net-libs/ortp-0.7.1. (dependency required by kde-base/kopete-3.5.10-r4 [ebuild]) (dependency required by kde-base/kdenetwork-meta-3.5.10 [installed]) (dependency

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge -DuvatN world doesn't show all upgradeable packages

2008-04-08 Thread Alan McKinnon
/portage/kde-base/kdeedu-meta /var/portage/kde-base/kdegames-meta /var/portage/kde-base/kdegraphics-meta /var/portage/kde-base/kde-meta /var/portage/kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta /var/portage/kde-base/kdenetwork-meta /var/portage/kde-base/kdepim-meta /var/portage/kde-base/kdesdk-meta /var/portage/kde

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-meta minus toys, games, etc

2006-06-02 Thread Neil Bothwick
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:46:07 +, Mick wrote: Apologies if this has been asked before. I uninstalled my monolithic KDE and am ready to install the split KDE ebuilds. I want to install everything except toys, games and educational packages. Install kdebase-meta, kdenetwork-meta, kdepim-meta

RE: [gentoo-user] kde kwifimanager blocked by kdenetwork

2005-05-04 Thread Daevid Vincent
/package.use file (as is the proper way right), so what package(s) entry should I put in there to USE 'wifi'? If I try to emerge -Dav kde-base/kdenetwork-meta I get all kinds of packages that are blocked by =kde-base/kdenetwork-3.4* I run my gnome and kde as ~x86 generally on my notebook. Also, how come I

[gentoo-user] Make portage assume, that a package is installed

2007-06-15 Thread Alexander Skwar
Good morning! On my system, I don't use a modem and don't intend to ever do so. Because of this, I did not install net-dialup/ppp. But I'd now like to install kde-base/kde-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kdenetwork-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kppp and this will finally pull in net-dialup

Re: [gentoo-user] kde update

2011-05-31 Thread Alan McKinnon
) $(add_kdebase_dep kdegames-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdegraphics-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdemultimedia-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdenetwork-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdeplasma-addons) $(add_kdebase_dep kdetoys-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdeutils-meta

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-meta minus toys, games, etc

2006-06-02 Thread Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
if this has been asked before. I uninstalled my monolithic KDE and am ready to install the split KDE ebuilds. I want to install everything except toys, games and educational packages. Install kdebase-meta, kdenetwork-meta, kdepim-meta etc. kde-meta is for those that want to install everything

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Finer grained kde*-meta packages

2007-06-15 Thread Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
, because kde*-meta is supposed to replace, and act as much as possible like the monolithic kde* package. If you don't want all of kdenetwork you don't install kdenetwork-meta, you install individual applications from kdenetwork. Of course, any USE flags available on the old monolithic packages

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Finer grained kde*-meta packages

2007-06-15 Thread Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
want to customize my kde install) and kdenetwork-meta (Specifically, I want to adjust network [ppp] support). Install any packages I need but don't have yet via the split ebuilds. Just because kde-meta doesn't satisfy your needs you don't have to forgo using the -meta ebuilds entirely

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Finer grained kde*-meta packages

2007-06-15 Thread Kent Fredric
that? Intall all the kde*-meta packages except kde-meta (I want to customize my kde install) and kdenetwork-meta (Specifically, I want to adjust network [ppp] support). Install any packages I need but don't have yet via the split ebuilds. I have an idea, but it would probably involve a change

Re: [gentoo-user] kopete needs net-libs/ortp ??

2009-12-01 Thread Willie Wong
On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 08:24:02AM -0600, Penguin Lover Dale squawked: emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ~net-libs/ortp-0.7.1. (dependency required by kde-base/kopete-3.5.10-r4 [ebuild]) (dependency required by kde-base/kdenetwork-meta-3.5.10 [installed]) (dependency required by kde-base

Re: [gentoo-user] Finer grained kde*-meta packages (was: Make portage assume, that a package is installed)

2007-06-18 Thread Neil Bothwick
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 05:10:00 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote: The kde-meta package is meant to replace the kde package. The is no advantage (and without a workable confcache, at least one disadvantage) to running split ebuilds. What about the need to recompile only one part of KDE when

Re: [gentoo-user] kde update

2011-05-31 Thread Dale
) $(add_kdebase_dep kdeedu-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdegames-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdegraphics-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdemultimedia-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdenetwork-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdeplasma-addons) $(add_kdebase_dep kdetoys-meta

Re: [gentoo-user] Has MySQL become compulsory?

2009-10-24 Thread Dave Jones
: =kde-base/kdeaddons-meta-4* =kde-base/kdeadmin-meta-4* =kde-base/kdeartwork-meta-4* =kde-base/kdebase-meta-4* =kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta-4* =kde-base/kdeutils-meta-4* # Mask non-meta kde installed package: =kde-base/kdenetwork-filesharing-4* # Requires kdelibs-4, mask =media-video/kmplayer-0.11

Re: [gentoo-user] Make portage assume, that a package is installed

2007-06-15 Thread Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
On Friday 15 June 2007, Alexander Skwar [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote about '[gentoo-user] Make portage assume, that a package is installed': Good morning! On my system, I did not install net-dialup/ppp. But I'd now like to install kde-base/kde-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kdenetwork-meta

[gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: KDE, metapackages, and monolithic packages

2006-02-26 Thread Ryan Tandy
if it's the installed with the split metapackage. Or if I just wanted to remove some split ebuild, like say kdenetwork, but leave the rest, I couldn't do 'emerge -c kdenetwork-meta' to uninstall the related packages. Basically, my concern is that how KDE is installed is quite easily handled

Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.0?

2008-01-24 Thread maxim wexler
kdenetwork-meta knewsticker kview kandykdepasswd knewsticker-scripts kviewshell kappfinder kdepim knode kvoctrain kapptemplate kdepim

Re: [gentoo-user] kde 3.5 packages blocking each other

2009-06-12 Thread Dirk Heinrichs
into their individual applications, so you have ebuilds for konqueror (which is also part of kdenetwork) or kmail (kdepim). In addition, there are the -meta ebuilds, which have the same name as the monolitic ones, but with -meta appended (kdepim-meta). Those usually install the same applications

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: KDE, metapackages, and monolithic packages

2006-02-26 Thread Mike Myers
', or something similar if it's the installed with the split metapackage. Or if I just wanted to remove some split ebuild, like say kdenetwork, but leave the rest, I couldn't do 'emerge -c kdenetwork-meta' to uninstall the related packages. Basically, my concern is that how KDE is installed

Re: [gentoo-user] What's wrong with kde-meta dependencies?

2005-08-11 Thread Neil Bothwick
kdebase-meta, kdenetwork-meta, kdeartwork-meta and koffice-meta. the rest, I choose individual packages. -- Neil Bothwick Top Oxymorons Number 30: Business ethics pgpsKey7NSPmi.pgp Description: PGP signature

Re: [gentoo-user] Make portage assume, that a package is installed

2007-06-15 Thread Peter Alfredsen
On Friday 15 June 2007, Alexander Skwar wrote: Good morning! On my system, I don't use a modem and don't intend to ever do so. Because of this, I did not install net-dialup/ppp. But I'd now like to install kde-base/kde-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kdenetwork-meta, which will pull in kde

Re: [gentoo-user] FIXED: Re: KDE3 removal

2009-11-26 Thread Mick
-base/kdenetwork-filesharing kde-base/kdenetwork-meta --Yes kde-base/kdepasswd kde-base/kdepim-meta --Yes kde-base/kdesu kde-base/kdeutils-meta --Yes kde-base/kdewebdev-meta --Yes kde-base/kdf kde-base/kdialog kde-base/kdm kde-base/kdnssd kde-base/kfilereplace kde-base/kfloppy kde-base/kgamma

Re: [gentoo-user] kopete needs net-libs/ortp ??

2009-12-01 Thread Dale
by kde-base/kdenetwork-meta-3.5.10 [installed]) (dependency required by kde-base/kde-meta-3.5.10 [installed]) (dependency required by @world [argument]) r...@smoker / # As I understand this, kde-meta:3.5 is in world, which it is, kde-meta pulls in kdenetwork-meta which pulls in kopete. It seems

Re: [gentoo-user] Kwrite and CPU usage and locking up when scrolling

2007-02-08 Thread Dale
' (or a variant), pulls in new version of other packages, you'll want to 'emerge -n' the various direct dependencies of kde-meta (kdenetwork-meta etc). I doubt kate is a direct dependency of kde-meta (I could be wrong). If it isn't, one (or more) of the other kde${stuff}-meta packages

Re: [gentoo-user] Finer grained kde*-meta packages (was: Make portage assume, that a package is installed)

2007-06-15 Thread Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
kde-meta or kdenetwork-meta at all but instead just install the KDE applications that you require. Actually, I disagree. This would (obviously *g*) mean, that kde-meta cannot be installed (just as you say). Yes, because the upstream kde includes, in particular, kppp. This means

Re: [gentoo-user] How to update (only) all installed KDE packages

2010-03-03 Thread Volker Armin Hemmann
On Mittwoch 03 März 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote: On 3 Mar, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote: On Mittwoch 03 März 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote: Hi, I'd like to upgrade all my installed package from, say, kde-base/* . emerge -u kde-base/kde-meta doesn't work unfortunately

Re: [gentoo-user] FIXED: Re: KDE3 removal

2009-11-26 Thread Dale
/kdenetwork-filesharing kde-base/kdenetwork-meta--Yes kde-base/kdepasswd kde-base/kdepim-meta--Yes kde-base/kdesu kde-base/kdeutils-meta--Yes kde-base/kdewebdev-meta--Yes kde-base/kdf kde-base/kdialog kde-base/kdm kde-base/kdnssd kde-base/kfilereplace kde-base/kfloppy kde-base/kgamma kde-base/kget kde-base

Re: [gentoo-user] Finer grained kde*-meta packages

2007-06-15 Thread Dirk Heinrichs
Am Freitag, 15. Juni 2007 schrieb ext Alexander Skwar: This would (obviously *g*) mean, that kde-meta cannot be installed (just as you say). This means, that a whole shit load of packages would need to be manually installed. And all that, just because you don't want one or two packages? Nah

Re: [gentoo-user] kde update

2011-05-31 Thread Alan McKinnon
) $(add_kdebase_dep kdenetwork-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdeplasma-addons) $(add_kdebase_dep kdetoys-meta) $(add_kdebase_dep kdeutils-meta) accessibility? ( $(add_kdebase_dep kdeaccessibility-meta) ) nls? ( $(add_kdebase_dep kde-l10n) ) sdk

Re: [gentoo-user] Best route forward?

2008-01-02 Thread Jesús Guerrero
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:40:11 -0800 (PST) BRM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I installed KDE yesterday via emerge kde -vuD, and just remembered today about kde-meta, which installs a lot more. In running emerge kde-meta -vuD, I get 250 new packages, and 245 blocks, with 1 upgrade. What is the _best_

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-meta minus toys, games, etc

2006-06-02 Thread Peter Kelly
got plenty of disk space, so I never bothered moving away from the monolithic builds. emerge kde worked better for me than emerge kde-meta, which brought in all the same binaries. I know it's much faster to update a particular package as opposed to kdepim (or kdenetwork, or kdemultimedia

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-meta minus toys, games, etc

2006-06-02 Thread Mick
the monolithic builds. emerge kde worked better for me than emerge kde-meta, which brought in all the same binaries. I know it's much faster to update a particular package as opposed to kdepim (or kdenetwork, or kdemultimedia), but that's not really an issue for me. I really don't want to start a war, but I

Re: [gentoo-user] kopete needs net-libs/ortp ??

2009-12-01 Thread Tony2
/ortp-0.7.1. (dependency required by kde-base/kopete-3.5.10-r4 [ebuild]) (dependency required by kde-base/kdenetwork-meta-3.5.10 [installed]) (dependency required by kde-base/kde-meta-3.5.10 [installed]) (dependency required by @world [argument]) r...@smoker / # As I understand this, kde-meta

Re: [gentoo-user] kde 3.5 packages blocking each other

2009-06-12 Thread Francisco Ares
names as the original source packages offered at KDE.org. The split ebuilds, well, split those packages into their individual applications, so you have ebuilds for konqueror (which is also part of kdenetwork) or kmail (kdepim). In addition, there are the -meta ebuilds, which have the same name

Re: [gentoo-user] How to update after emerging KDE-3.4.0 using ~x86

2005-04-12 Thread Richard Fish
Jamie Dobbs wrote: The unfortunate thing about that it it doesn't appear to accept the 'meta-package' to cover everything and I'm still trying to work out all the packages that need to be added. Ugh... # grep --no-filename deprange /usr/portage/kde-base/*-meta/*-meta-3.4.0.ebuild | sort

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is there and Alternative to compiling kde?

2005-12-10 Thread Brett I. Holcomb
Did you check out the Gentoo docs on kde split ebuilds? It has a lot of good info. I started to emerge with the kde and then decided to go with the meta so per the instructions I had to remove some stuff - it shows up as blocked. On Saturday 10 December 2005 11:31, Harry Putnam wrote: Neil

Re: [gentoo-user] kde 3.5 packages blocking each other

2009-06-13 Thread Alan McKinnon
those packages into their individual applications, so you have ebuilds for konqueror (which is also part of kdenetwork) or kmail (kdepim). In addition, there are the -meta ebuilds, which have the same name as the monolitic ones, but with -meta appended (kdepim-meta). Those usually install

Re: [gentoo-user] Best route forward?

2008-01-02 Thread Dale
Jesús Guerrero wrote: There are two kind of kde installs, or three, if you ask me. You can install kde. That will pull into your system the big packages just like they are released by the kde team. That means, several big monoliths, like kdebase, kdenetwork, kdegraphics and so on. You can

Re: [gentoo-user] Best route forward?

2008-01-02 Thread BRM
--- Jesús Guerrero [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:40:11 -0800 (PST) BRM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: What is the _best_ path forward? Should I just stick with my current build of kde? Or is there an easy way to remove all the blocks and then push in kde-meta? Is it worth

Re: [gentoo-user] FIXED: Re: KDE3 removal

2009-11-26 Thread Alan McKinnon
--Yes kde-base/kdelibs kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta --Yes kde-base/kdenetwork-filesharing kde-base/kdenetwork-meta --Yes kde-base/kdepasswd kde-base/kdepim-meta --Yes kde-base/kdesu kde-base/kdeutils-meta --Yes kde-base/kdewebdev-meta --Yes kde-base/kdf

[gentoo-user] Re: Is there and Alternative to compiling kde?

2005-12-10 Thread Harry Putnam
Neil Bothwick [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: kde-base/kde is a meta package, it pulls in all the monolithic KDE builds. If you are concerned about installation compile times, you should not be trying to build the whole of KDE. Do you really need all of kdegames, kdeedu and kdetoys to get your

Re: [gentoo-user] Kwrite and CPU usage and locking up when scrolling

2007-02-06 Thread Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
packages, you'll need to remove the kde-meta package. To make sure 'emerge -u world' (or a variant), pulls in new version of other packages, you'll want to 'emerge -n' the various direct dependencies of kde-meta (kdenetwork-meta etc). I doubt kate is a direct dependency of kde-meta (I could

Re: [gentoo-user] kde 3.5 packages blocking each other

2009-06-14 Thread Francisco Ares
packages offered at KDE.org. The split ebuilds, well, split those packages into their individual applications, so you have ebuilds for konqueror (which is also part of kdenetwork) or kmail (kdepim). In addition, there are the -meta ebuilds, which have the same name as the monolitic

Re: [gentoo-user] A gentoo kind of dependency heck

2006-06-11 Thread Richard Fish
On 6/11/06, Kevin O'Gorman [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I first guess is to unmerge everything KDE, but even then, I'm not quite sure what I should emerge in its place. kde-meta? Would some kind soul who understands such stuff spell out the steps to get to a useable and maintainable system. I

Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kopete after upgrading to KDE 3.5.10

2008-09-19 Thread Andrew Gaydenko
Dale, Alan, Ups... Thanks! - you are right. The thing is before 3.5.10 I have used whole packages like kdepim, kdenetwork and such. On upgrading to 3.5.10 I was forced to uninstall kde completely and to use kdexyz-meta instead. By default kopete has 'crypt' and 'ssl' flags only. Andrew

Re: [gentoo-user] equery not working

2005-10-04 Thread Wes Gray
/kdemultimedia-kfil e-plugins-3.4.1 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 928 Sep 26 10:18 /var/db/pkg/kde-base/kdemultimedia-kios laves-3.4.1 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 920 Sep 26 11:35 /var/db/pkg/kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta -3.4.1 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 928 Sep 26 08:40 /var/db/pkg/kde-base/kdenetwork-filesha ring-3.4.1

Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 Blocked packages

2008-01-22 Thread Kenneth Prugh
-base/kdegraphics-4.0.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/kdenetwork-4.0.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/kdegames-4.0.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/kdebase-4.0.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/knotify-4.0.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/kdeadmin-4.0.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/kdemultimedia-4.0.0 [ebuild N] kde-base

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-apps/libksane blocker

2016-05-30 Thread Neil Bothwick
Add the -t option. It didn't help much but at least I finally > thought of it. lol Here is the current upset pixels with the -t added > in. > > > [nomerge ] kde-apps/kdenetwork-meta-16.04.1:5::gentoo > [15.12.3-r1:5::gentoo] USE="ppp telepathy%*" > [ebu

Re: [gentoo-user] Unmasking KDE-3.5

2005-12-07 Thread Dale
-kfile-plugins ~x86 kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves ~x86 kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta ~x86 kde-base/kdenetwork ~x86 kde-base/kdenetwork-filesharing ~x86 kde-base/kdenetwork-kfile-plugins ~x86 kde-base/kdenetwork-meta ~x86 kde-base/kdepasswd ~x86 kde-base/kdepim ~x86 kde-base/kdepim-kioslaves ~x86

[gentoo-user] Re: KDE (mono to meta) migration

2006-06-24 Thread James
Bo Ørsted Andresen bo.andresen at zlin.dk writes: On Thursday 22 June 2006 22:12, James wrote: Ok I'll do this after emerging kde-meta completes. I hope I was not suppose to do this before 'emerge -uavDN kde-meta' You weren't. Blocks are only within the same slot. In fact the split

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE (mono to meta) migration

2006-06-24 Thread Bo Ørsted Andresen
/kdemultimedia 471emerge --unmerge kde-base/kdepim 472emerge --unmerge kde-base/kdeutils 475emerge --unmerge kde-base/kdetoys 477 emerge --unmerge kde-base/kdegraphics 480 emerge --unmerge kde-base/kdenetwork snip but they are still blocking? Did you unmerge kde? It depends

Re: [gentoo-user] Syntax for masking kde:4?

2009-10-14 Thread daid kahl
-base/kdenetwork-filesharing:4.1 kde-base/kdenetwork-meta:4.1 kde-base/kdepasswd:4.1 kde-base/kdepim-kresources:4.1 kde-base/kdepim-strigi-analyzer:4.1 kde-base/kdepim-wizards:4.1 kde-base/kdeplasma-addons:4.1 kde-base/kdesdk-kioslaves:4.1 kde-base/kdesdk-meta:4.1 kde-base/kdesdk-misc:4.1 kde-base

[gentoo-user] kde-base/baloo is blocking an upgrade

2016-05-28 Thread Mick
humbs-15.12.3:5::gentoo [15.08.3:4/15.08::gentoo] USE="-debug -libav" 20 KiB [ebuild N ] kde-apps/kdenlive-15.12.3:5::gentoo USE="handbook -debug -gles2 -v4l" 3,570 KiB [ebuild N ] kde-apps/kteatime-15.12.3:5::gentoo USE="handbook -debug" 103 KiB [ebuil

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Update blocked by kdebase-startkde:4

2016-07-09 Thread Daniel Frey
oldrunner-4.15 >kde-apps/killbots-4.15 >kde-apps/kjumpingcube-4.15 >kde-apps/picmi-4.15 >kde-apps/kmahjongg-4.15 >kde-apps/kshisen-4.15 >kde-apps/ktuberling-4.15 >kde-apps/kspaceduel-4.15 >kde-apps/bomber-4.15 >kde-apps/ksnakeduel-4.15 >kde-apps/kapman-4.15 >kde-apps/

Re: [gentoo-user] Portage and sets

2009-02-23 Thread Dale
:4.2 @kdeaccessibility-4.2 @kdeadmin-4.2 @kdeartwork-4.2 @kdebase-4.2 @kdeedu-4.2 @kdegames-4.2 @kdegraphics-4.2 @kdemultimedia-4.2 @kdenetwork-4.2 @kdepim-4.2 @kdetoys-4.2 @kdeutils-4.2 #for developers #...@kdebindings-4.2 #...@kdesdk-4.2 #...@kdewebdev-4.2 so as you can see

Re: [gentoo-user] Still kde problems with monolithic-split

2008-10-04 Thread Alan McKinnon
/kdeaddons-${PV} ~kde-base/kdeadmin-${PV} ~kde-base/kdeartwork-${PV} ~kde-base/kdeedu-${PV} ~kde-base/kdegames-${PV} ~kde-base/kdegraphics-${PV} ~kde-base/kdemultimedia-${PV} ~kde-base/kdenetwork-${PV} ~kde-base/kdepim-${PV} ~kde

[gentoo-user] emerge --rebuild-if-new-rev always triggers rebuild

2016-04-29 Thread Michael Mol
ild rR ~] kde-apps/kmplot-15.12.3 [nomerge ] kde-apps/kdenetwork-meta-15.12.3-r1 [ebuild rR ~] kde-apps/kdenetwork-filesharing-15.12.3 [ebuild rR ~] kde-apps/krfb-15.12.3 [ebuild rR] net-irc/kvirc-5.0_pre20160201053254 -- :wq signature.asc Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

Re: [gentoo-user] update to portage 2.2

2009-02-26 Thread Alan McKinnon
-base/kdenetwork-meta-4.2.0 ~kde-base/kde-menu-icons-4.2.0 ~kde-base/kde-menu-4.2.0 ~kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves-4.2.0 ~kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta-4.2.0 ~kde-base/kdenetwork-filesharing-4.2.0 ~kde-base/kdepasswd-4.2.0 ~kde-base/kdepim-icons-4.2.0 ~kde-base/kdepim-kresources-4.2.0 ~kde-base

Re: [gentoo-user] Still kde problems with monolithic-split

2008-10-05 Thread meino . cramer
solfire:/rootemerge kde-meta Calculating dependencies -!!! Digest verification failed: !!! /usr/portage/kde-base/kdebase-startkde/kdebase-startkde-4.1.2-r1.ebuild !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size !!! Got: 4061 !!! Expected: 4064 ... done! Verifying ebuild Manifests... !!! Digest

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-apps/libksane blocker

2016-05-30 Thread Dale
with :5 > > If all else fails, quickpkg and unmerge all libksane version, emerge > world and let portage fix whatever it needs to. > > /alanm > > I removed all libksane versions and it still pukes. I then did a equery list *sane* and -C'd all that too. None of that will

Re: [gentoo-user] Still kde problems with monolithic-split

2008-10-05 Thread Dirk Heinrichs
Am Sonntag, 5. Oktober 2008 07:19:37 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]: It getting more confused: This morning I did a [...] emerge -pv kde Now I am confused. Thought you wanted to install kde-meta??? still reports: Calculating dependencies... done! [ebuild N] kde-base/kdebase-3.5.9-r3

Re: [gentoo-user] Still kde problems with monolithic-split

2008-10-04 Thread meino . cramer
} ~kde-base/kdemultimedia-${PV} ~kde-base/kdenetwork-${PV} ~kde-base/kdepim-${PV} ~kde-base/kdetoys-${PV} ~kde-base/kdeutils-${PV} ~kde-base/kdewebdev-${PV} accessibility? ( ~kde-base/kdeaccessibility-${PV} ) - run 'emerge -av --depclean

[gentoo-user] USB devices and CDs don't get mounted automatically anymore

2007-08-02 Thread Alexander Skwar
to / 1186041989: emerge (8 of 66) dev-libs/apr-1.2.9 to / 1186042152: emerge (9 of 66) gnome-extra/gnome2-user-docs-2.18.2 to / 1186042348: emerge (10 of 66) x11-libs/vte-0.16.6-r1 to / 1186042777: emerge (11 of 66) kde-base/kdenetwork-meta-3.5.7 to / 1186042789: emerge (12 of 66) kde-base/kdeedu

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-apps/libksane blocker

2016-06-02 Thread Dale
-accessibility -minimal -pim -sdk" 0 KiB > [ebuild U ~] kde-apps/kdenetwork-meta-16.04.1:5::gentoo > [15.12.3-r1:5::gentoo] USE="ppp telepathy%*" 0 KiB > [ebuild N~]kde-apps/plasma-telepathy-meta-16.04.1:5::gentoo > USE="nls -gstreamer" 0 KiB

Re: [gentoo-user] Still kde problems with monolithic-split

2008-10-05 Thread meino . cramer
ok, now it works...dont know what caused the last hickup... mcc [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [08-10-05 10:12]: solfire:/rootemerge kde-meta Calculating dependencies -!!! Digest verification failed: !!! /usr/portage/kde-base/kdebase-startkde/kdebase-startkde-4.1.2-r1.ebuild !!! Reason

Re: [gentoo-user] audacity-2.0.5 failed to compile

2015-09-03 Thread Alan McKinnon
them to the system with emerge @. Here is one of mine: $ cat /etc/portage/sets/alan-kde kde-apps/kdeadmin-meta kde-apps/kdeartwork-meta kde-apps/kdebase-meta kde-apps/kdebase-runtime-meta kde-apps/kdegraphics-meta kde-apps/kdemultimedia-meta kde-apps/kdenetwork-meta kde-apps/kdeutils-meta #kde-base/kd

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How install KDE4 without without layman overlays ?

2009-07-22 Thread Vagner Rodrigues
/kcontrol-4.2.4 USE=handbook -debug (-kdeprefix) 0 kB [ebuild N] kde-base/kdewebdev-meta-4.2.4 USE=(-kdeprefix) 0 kB [ebuild N] kde-base/kdenetwork-meta-4.2.4 USE=(-kdeprefix) 0 kB [ebuild N] kde-base/kdeedu-meta-4.2.4 USE=(-kdeprefix) 0 kB [ebuild N] kde-base/kdemultimedia

Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.0?

2008-01-24 Thread maxim wexler
-base/kde-meta-4.0.0 which completed w/o error. $eix kde picks up the new version: ... * kde-base/kde Available versions: 3.5.5:3.5 3.5.6:3.5 3.5.7:3.5 3.5.8:3.5 [M]4.0.0:kde-4 Installed: 3.5.2 Homepage:http://www.kde.org/ Description: KDE - merge

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Dual-Opteron

2006-01-03 Thread Dale
/Net-SSLeay-1.25 [ebuild N] dev-perl/IO-Socket-SSL-0.96 [ebuild N] kde-base/ksirc-3.5.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/kdenetwork-meta-3.5.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/libkpimexchange-3.5.0 [ebuild N] dev-libs/libical-0.24_rc4-r1 [ebuild N] kde-base/kode-3.5.0 [ebuild N] kde-base

Re: [gentoo-user] kde-apps/libksane blocker

2016-05-30 Thread Dale
uild U ~] kde-apps/kdenetwork-meta-16.04.1:5::gentoo [15.12.3-r1:5::gentoo] USE="ppp telepathy%*" 0 KiB [ebuild N~]kde-apps/plasma-telepathy-meta-16.04.1:5::gentoo USE="nls -gstreamer" 0 KiB [ebuild N~] kde-apps/ktp-accounts-kcm-16.04.1:5::gentoo USE="

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Dual-Opteron

2006-01-04 Thread Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
[ebuild N] kde-base/kget-3.5.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/krfb-3.5.0 [ebuild N] dev-perl/Net-SSLeay-1.25 [ebuild N] dev-perl/IO-Socket-SSL-0.97 [ebuild N] kde-base/ksirc-3.5.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/kdenetwork-meta-3.5.0 [ebuild N] kde-base/libkpimexchange-3.5.0

Re: [gentoo-user] qt-dbus blocker

2009-10-13 Thread Yoav Luft
] required by ('ebuild', '/', 'kde-base/ktimezoned-4.3.1', 'merge') =x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.1:4[qt3support,ssl] required by ('ebuild', '/', 'kde-base/kdenetwork-filesharing-4.3.1', 'merge') =x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.1:4[qt3support,ssl] required by ('ebuild', '/', 'kde-base/blinken-4.3.1', 'merge

Re: [gentoo-user] qt-dbus blocker

2009-10-13 Thread Yoav Luft
[qt3support,ssl] required by ('ebuild', '/', 'kde-base/ktimezoned-4.3.1', 'merge')    =x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.1:4[qt3support,ssl] required by ('ebuild', '/', 'kde-base/kdenetwork-filesharing-4.3.1', 'merge')    =x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.1:4[qt3support,ssl] required by ('ebuild', '/', 'kde-base/blinken

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Well, I went about updating my system again. (day 6)

2016-12-07 Thread Alan Grimes
t; CPU_FLAGS_X86="3dnow 3dnowext mmx mmxext sse sse2 -ssse3" VIDEO_CARDS="-mga -s3virge -tdfx" 12,968 KiB [ebuild U ] net-p2p/retroshare-0.6.1::gentoo [0.6.0::gentoo] USE="cli gui%* qt5 -feedreader -qt4 -voip" 17,581 KiB [ebuild R] dev-python/pygame-1.9.2_pre2012

Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Konsole

2016-07-12 Thread Daniel Frey
d be indicated in the repo column? >>> >>> However, I don't see any kde4 packages. Maybe they're still moving them >>> over? >>> >>> Dan >>> >>> >>> >> >> I really shouldn't try troubleshooting when tired... >> >>