Hello,
I have seen some messages of this type before but i
have yet to find a solution.. here's hoping i get one!

I am having two problems with ppp in Red Hat 7.1
First,
when i establish a ppp connection, my messages log
shows the error
modprobe: can't locate module ppp-compress-21
I read that i need to alias bsd_comp for that name,
however my kernel 2.4.18-18.7.x doesn't have this
module installed. What can i do?

Second, when i disconnect the ppp connection, my
messages log repeatedly complains about not finding
module ppp0. The only way i can come up with to fix
this problem is to kill the firewall process and
reinitialize it in the ip-down.local file. Is there a
more practical solution to this?

Thanks in advance,
Pat