Skip Morrow wrote:
I cannot add smb mount shares in my fstab because my network doesn't start up until after mount tries to parse /etc/fstab. I get

"mount: SMB connection failed" errors on any entry in that file. Of course, it works fine if I do it manually after everything is started up. Of course, I could put a command in /etc/profiles or something like that, but why am I having this problem? Where does it say "mount starts up before/after networking?"

Put the noauto option (like the floppy or cdrom) in /etc/fstab. You could then put a mount command in /etc/rc.d/rc.local to mount it just before you begin.

You could also look into autofs. It wouldn't mount until you touched (cd, ls, etc.) the directory.

Forrest