Hi,

I have a Windows program that I use (Called
'puTTY' to SSH from a Windows workstation
to a Linux server. This program works with all
of the Red Hat Linux and UnixWare 7 servers
that I have here at the office, and works with
my client's machines as well, saving for one
particular Red Hat 7 server.

I tried loading the PuTTY program on a Windows
workstation on the same LAN IP Block as the Linux
server itself. There is Samba on this machine, and the
Windows work station is able to connect to it fine.

However, when I try to SSH to the Linux server
using root and the correct password, I get the
message 'Access Denied', even when I can SSH in to this Linux server from
another Linux server which is also on the same LAN !!

Also, when I am logged onto this troublesome machine, I can SSH to the Linux
server at my office accross the WAN, but I cannot SSH back from that
location to the offending Linux machine. In otherwords, the command-line SSH
only works
in one direction. I could not find anything in /etc/hosts.deny that could
cause this.

Does anyone know what can be causing this?

Thanks !

Jason