Source: soundtouch
Version: 1.9.2-2
Severity: important
Tags: security upstream

Hi,

the following vulnerability was published for soundtouch. There is as
well CVE-2017-9259 and CVE-2017-9260, but since I have not verified if
the issues are all commont back to jessie, fill individual bugs. OTOH
I do not think they deserve a DSA, let us know though if you disagree.

CVE-2017-9258[0]:
| The TDStretch::processSamples function in
| source/SoundTouch/TDStretch.cpp in SoundTouch 1.9.2 allows remote
| attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop and CPU
| consumption) via a crafted wav file.

If you fix the vulnerability please also make sure to include the
CVE (Common Vulnerabilities & Exposures) id in your changelog entry.

For further information see:

[0] https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-9258
    https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2017-9258

Please adjust the affected versions in the BTS as needed.

Regards,
Salvatore