From: Labelle, Michel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 0.57
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Wireless Security Strategy

I'm currently developing a strategy to handle wireless (wi-fi 802.11b)
devices in our network.  Does anyone know of any security groups /
discussion lists currently dealing with this issue?

I'm aware of the limitations of WEP, but what I'm looking for are actual
strategies and general ideas for using the products securely.  I'm aware
of
what vendors are doing at layer 1-2 to rekey etc, but what about layer 3
and
above.  How would you handle hand off between access points, should SSH
be
used or just a VPN/IPSEC tunnel, should users be forced to use a
terminal
server and only KVM data allowed over the air?  Those are the types of
questions I would like to look into.

Thanks
Michel