I think your Norton ISFE is blocking ports AD needs and also blocking
Netbeui over TCP/IP.
The 1042 is a very possible correct windows port if you are using IP over
token ring. Or if your Kerberos keys are incompatible.

port 389 is ldap (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) used by AD (Active
Directory)
see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fsearch%2fviewDoc.aspx%3fdo
cID%3dKC.Q266657%26dialogID%3d2991630%26iterationID%3d1%26sessionID%3danonym
ous%7c2667341 from the knowledge base. it's also Q266657.

I know this sounds blase' , but I'd not worry about the Bla Trojan at the
moment, since your system isn't up enough to communicate anyway. I think the
port 1042 errors are systemic of a problem with active directory and your
ability to find other machines on the network, not the bla Trojan.

First step, record the event errors.
second step, turn off the Norton. (safe mode boot, stop the thing from
running reboot.)
third see what errors you have now. Compare to previous logs.
fourth Start searching TechNet for the event id's and error messages. Fix
all you can.

fifth, post the events errors and id's of those you cannot fix and we'll see
if some of us who've seen more errors than we care to admit can shed some
light.

Hint: I've seen many problems related to time skewed servers and badly
created DNS settings that sound like what you have too. Just as a
troubleshooting procedure, you can stop the windows time service (disable)
to stop all the w32time errors, if you are seeing them. They would be caused
by DNS problems finding the NTP server.

We need more data.

D. Weiss
MCSE/CCNA/SSP2