Hello,

 I would look for patterns. I'm sorry that I don't have time right now (i have to move
over the ocean in a month), but take several spams and look into the header... And
look for the last "relly-to:" - sometimes it has an IP of the spammer. Whois that IP,
dig that IP too (and maybe ping or nmap if ICMP are filtered)... See who is the first
relaying SMTP and also look for patherns in regular e-mails.

 After you are done, you might find that spam comes through strange routes and that
these routes are destinguishable from "normal" e-mail, so one can apply "pre-filter"
on a router or firewall, where these e-mails will be dropped.

 And the last instance is to work with the networks that are involved before it gets
to yours... ISPs etc.

 Many of the spamms are originated from Holland and Italy (at least most of the ones I
get).

 Maybe setting a "hard route" through your ISP in the same SMTP domain would be also
possible...

 I hope this was of any help...

 Good luck -- Tomas