On 6/2/11 9:36 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
Sean Mullan wrote:
Hi Alan,

Would you be able to review my fix for 7050329? In the fix, I removed the
dependency on the java.ext.dirs system property and the default java.policy
file, which may contain implementation-specific content and thus could vary on
JREs from other vendors.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mullan/webrevs/7050329/webrev.01/

(Note that the bug hasn't appeared on bugs.sun.com yet)

Thanks,
Sean
Looks okay to me. I assume a simpler fix would be to just change the split to
use the path separator rather than ":".

Yes, but I wanted to completely avoid any dependency and potential additional parsing issues on java.ext.dirs, which can be extended to contain additional directories, etc.

Similarly, I could not find a standard that *explicitly* states the default java.policy file must grant AllPermission to standard extensions. It is sort of implied by [1], but still not explicit in my opinion.

Although I think it would be very rare to fail because of those cases, I still think this fix is better because it eliminates any doubt about that.

--Sean

[1] http://download.java.net/jdk7/docs/technotes/guides/extensions/spec.html#security