On 9/18/2012 7:39 AM, Andrew Hughes wrote:
The following simple webrev will achieve what I think is needed:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~andrew/100062/webrev.01/

allowing OpenJDK to be built with the unlimited rather than limited
crypto policy in place.

I got a chance to talk to Valerie, and what you've done looks good. I'm "wetmore" if you need a reviewer, and I think Kelly has looked at it too.

> I just placed it within the OPENJDK ifdef so it
> won't interfere with the proprietary build at all, as obviously I
> can't test it

Please leave your new code check within the "ifdef OPENJDK".

Will you be putting this back yourself? If so let me know when you go in, and I can update the bug once you're in.

Mark wrote:
> The summary is that it was just easier to remove unused classes that
> made the code tricky to understand for no good reason except for some
> secret proprietary code.

Unfortunately, Oracle and some of our commercial (non-OpenJDK) licensees still depend on that tricky code. :( I'd personally love to strip it all out, but we have to balance all of its consumers (Oracle SE and ME, commercial source/binary licensees, OpenJDK, etc.)

Andrew wrote:
> I'm sure it would be easy enough to dump those classes if Oracle
> started producing OpenJDK binaries licensed under the GPL, rather
> than binaries from their proprietary fork.

Unfortunately, not likely in our current export/import climate.

Brad