On 2015-05-22 02:46, Mandy Chung wrote:
I’m including build-dev and we need to ask for Erik and Magnus advice what’s
the best way to work around this.

Erik, Magnus,
   Security providers now become service providers.   They are provided from 11
different modules, 3 of them are os-specific.  The current image builder
doesn’t merge duplicate resources and we currently work around it in the build
doing the merge as it’s temporary until the module system is moving further.
Gensrc-jdk.jdi.gmk is the example.

Valerie has a patch attempting to concatenate them and it turns out that it
might not be straight forward I have thought.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~valeriep/7191662/webrev.00/make/gensrc/Gensrc-java.naming.gmk.html

As we can’t say which one image builder will pick, it needs to copy gensrc
(merged version) to all
modules/$MODULE/META-INF/services/java.security.Provider config files.

I wonder if it’s quicker to hack ImageBuilder to special case the service
config file and merge them.

Any thought?
I could certainly make this work in the makefile, but it is getting a bit tedious to keep these hacks going there. How hard would it be to change the ImageBuilder, which is just a temporary solution anyway, to identify and merge all service provider files with the same name that it finds? With that solution, the makefiles do not need to change as much when the module system is introduced and taking care of this properly.

/Erik