On 04/01/16 14:16, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 04/01/2016 14:02, Chris Hegarty wrote:
sun.misc.VM provides a low-level interface for a small number
of specific operations with the VM. In preparation for JEP 260,
this class should be moved out of sun.misc and located in a
non-exported package [.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8145544/00/

Note: as in other areas some tests that require access to
internal APIs have been updated to use types from a more
stable package, sun.security.x509.
This looks okay to me.

Thanks Alan.

> There's a few places where importing
jdk.internal.misc.VM might be nicer to avoid repeating the fully
qualified name - java.lang.Class and java.lang.System are two examples.

I see these. Integer and few others too. I fixed them and updated
the webrev in-place.

In passing then I wonder if it's time to drop OSEnvironment, I don't
think it has been needed for a long time (the win32 error mode stuff is
legacy).

Right. If it is ok, I'll file another bug and do the cleanup as a
follow up.

-Chris.