Hi Xuelei, Chris,

Thank you for looking into it. Please see inline.

On 09/15/2016 12:53 AM, Chris Hegarty wrote:
On 15 Sep 2016, at 02:55, Xuelei Fan <xuelei....@oracle.com> wrote:
On 9/15/2016 9:45 AM, Artem Smotrakov wrote:
Well, in this particular case it's not clear that it has the same issue
with free port (at least to me). The exception occurred on client side,
so it's not the case where we don't know where the handshake came from.

;-) Yeh, you catch the point.  But there is a free-port issue although the
exception stack in the bug description may be not that case.

Let's look at a scenarios:
1. server open a server socket and listen.
2. other test case connect to the server socket.
3. this test case try to connect to server socket.
4. this test case would fail as the server only accept one connections.

I did not check it very carefully, I think for #4, the exception stack can be
similar to the one in the bug description.
Looks like a rare, but valid case.

Anyway, as a free port is used, there are free-port issues.  Please consider to
make the enhancement in the fix.  Otherwise, you cannot avoid the intermittent
failure for this test case in the current testing environment.
+1.   Please remove any use of the free-port anti-pattern.
Just to be clear, this is not an issue with getting a free port with ServerSocket.getLocalPort() and them re-using it to create a new ServerSocket. It's more tricky (for example, please see the scenario above).

Okay, let me update it to follow the approach which is implemented in SSLSocketSample.java

Artem

-Chris.

Xuelei

I can make this enhancement, but like I said I don't think it's going to
help, so I would like to keep debug output on.

Artem