Okay, I will check that out and fix as appropriate. Thanks for the
On 4/11/2018 10:56 AM, Thomas Lußnig wrote:
same with key/keyBytes is with the class Poly1305 also here the key is
On 4/11/2018 5:54 PM, Jamil Nimeh wrote:
Yes, that does appear to be the case, good catch! I'll make that
On 4/11/2018 7:18 AM, Thomas Lußnig wrote:
i found another point. The "key" field can be removed from
1) This field is only set once and later checked if it was initialized.
But we do not want to knew is the key exists but if key bytes
2) So if two lines are changed from key to keyBytes we can remove
this unused field.
Lines 426 , 461 (change to keyBytes)
if (key == null
Line 75+507 (remove)
private Key key;
this.key = key;
On 4/11/2018 12:34 AM, Jamil Nimeh wrote:
This is a quick update to the previous webrev:
* When using the form of engineInit that does only takes op, key
and random, the nonce will always be random even if the random
parameter is null. A default instance of SecureRandom will be used
to create the nonce in this case, instead of all zeroes.
* Unused debug code was removed from the ChaCha20Cipher.java file
* ChaCha20Parameters.engineToString no longer obtains the line
separator from a System property directly. It calls
System.lineSeparator() similar to how other AlgorithmParameter
classes in com.sun.crypto.provider do it.
On 03/26/2018 12:08 PM, Jamil Nimeh wrote:
This is a request for review for the ChaCha20 and
ChaCha20-Poly1305 cipher implementations. Links to the webrev and
the JEP which outlines the characteristics and behavior of the
ciphers are listed below.