On 10/09/2018 21:37, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
Please review a patch to have the Source Launcher be able to work when a security manager is enabled.
It's not clear to me that this is an interesting use-case but in any case I think you've got two scenarios to test. One is setting java.security.manager on the command line, the other is the launched code's main method calling System.setSecurityManager which amounts to setting a security manager in a running VM. You might want to add a test case for the latter.

Is there any way (spi.ToolProvider or some means) for untrusted code to indirectly run the source launcher? This question is important because the updated source launcher could be abused to probe anywhere on the file system.

What are the implications for uses of javax.tools and com.sun.tools.javac.Main in code running with a security manager? Maybe that is a separate project but I would have expected to see privileged blocks in places that need permissions.

-Alan