hello,

I think it was discussed on security-dev before but did not result in some
action as far as I understand it. Currently the „cacert“ file shipped with 8u
upstream builds is a bit outdated. It contains multiple expired certificates
and misses latest additions.

Also I noted there are multiple vendors struggling with this file. Since the
later Java releases have a canonical source for that file with vetted licensing
it totally would make sense to refresh I.e. backport the changes. Is there
anything planned in that direction?

(An Alternative would be to synchronize it with the Oracle SE version, this
allows easier migration between the two packages, however I am not sure if this
is an option from the licensing side)

Greetings
Bernd
--