Hi -

I needed to go take a quick look at 7816-3 to figure out what's what.

Basically, this code is a bit problematic.

1) Since this code doesn't support extended length APDUs for T=0, you should never have to do multiple calls to get the responses - e.g. the max response handled here should be 256 bytes.  But this is the only case in which the GetResponse code should actually be active???  T=1 uses low level mapping of I-Blocks rather than an APDU mapping.  And looking at pcsc.c - you've got 8192 as the maximum size for a per-call return from SCardTransmit, and I'm not sure what SCardTransmit will do - I'm wondering if its returning the 6Cxx error code.

2) The iteration count should probably be set from the Le value in the transmitted CommandAPDU rather than set to a fixed value. Or even better, don't use an iteration count, but simply count down from the specified Le and stop when negative.

I'm very confused now.

What protocol is the customer using?   What's the actual APDU they're sending to get the data? (Mostly curious about Lc and Le here).

If you changed the iteration loop to parse the Le field and use that to count down received data, would that break things?

Mike