Hi,

On 6/5/20 5:46 PM, Simon Tooke wrote:
> Please let me know what you think.
>
> updated webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stooke/webrevs/jdk-8243114-jdk/01/01/

Overall, the intrinsics looks good to me.

A few minor comments:

 * sharedRuntime_x86_64.cpp
  * L3685
   * Do we still need 'long long' type for 'i' and 'cnt' local variables?
  * L3724
   * The last argument of 'sub' has type 'int', while in the not-Windows
variant is a long. Can we align this?
  * L3729
   * Is it possible to directly store in a[i]? (instead of going through
'tmp')
    * I guess the compiler will easily optimize this, but we may still
get rid of the 2nd line
    * I've seen in L3753 you directly store

Note: it's a bit unfortunate that we don't have x86-64 inline assembly
in CL to maintain the same logic, as there is nothing OS-specific here.

Note 2: I'm not an official jdk-mainline reviewer, so we still need
someone else who approves.

Thanks,
Martin.-