Hi Joe,

On 7/24/20 1:17 AM, Joe Darcy wrote:
Hello,

Please review a set of changes to add explicit constructors to replace default (implicit) constructors in various classes in security libs across several modules:

     JDK-8250246: Address reliance on default constructors in security libs
     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~darcy/8250246.0/
     CSR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8250248

(This is a companion to similar changes being made across other libraries in preparation for creating a new javac lint warning.)

One of the classes seems to only accidentally have a constructor, so I added that one as terminally deprecated.

You have not updated the copyright dates; not sure if that is necessary for this type of change.

- src/jdk.security.jgss/share/classes/com/sun/security/jgss/GSSUtil.java

  37     /**
  38      * Do not call.
  39      */
  40     @Deprecated(since="16", forRemoval=true)
  41     public GSSUtil() {}

Is your concern that there may be some code out there that might be erroneously using the default constructor so you want to give some warning first before making this a private ctor after it is removed? (I think I agree, but I want to make sure I understand your thinking).

- src/jdk.security.auth/share/classes/com/sun/security/auth/module/NTLoginModule.java

87      * Creates a {@code NTLoginModule}.

s/a/an/

- src/jdk.security.auth/share/classes/com/sun/security/auth/module/LdapLoginModule.java

359      * Creates a {@code LdapLoginModule}.

s/a/an/

--Sean