On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:45:00 GMT, Jim Laskey <jlas...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This PR is to introduce a new random number API for the JDK. The primary API
>> is found in RandomGenerator and RandomGeneratorFactory. Further description
>> can be found in the JEP https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/356 .
>>
>> javadoc can be found at
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlaskey/prng/doc/api/java.base/java/util/random/package-summary.html
>>
>> old PR:  https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/1273
>
> Jim Laskey has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Update package info to credit LMX algorithm

src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/random/RandomGenerator.java line 110:

> 108:      /**
> 109:      * Returns an instance of {@link RandomGenerator} that utilizes the
> 110:      * {@code name} algorithm.

Shouldn't this method, and related methods, mention the fact that
`RandomGenerator` instances are located as services? I see no mention of of
that fact anywhere, unless I missed it, but I do see the `uses` and `provides`
declarations in the module declaration. A paragraph explaining how services are
used here, perhaps in the package specification, would be ideal.