On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 17:17:12 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> I have reviewed the code for removing double semicolons at the end of lines
>>
>> all the best
>> matteo
>
> We usually request that these be be broken up by area to attract the
> appropriate reviewers and avoid eye-strain.  The client modules are usually
> separated out, as are hotspot.
> And corresponding tests.
> This kind of change is pretty low value for the code base and requires the
> involvement of quite a few reviewers.
> If you had ask ahead of time, I would have suggested finding something with
> more value.

@RogerRiggs Otoh, this change is really trivial. I have verified that all
changes are replacing trailing ";;" in Java code. These are all clearly typos.
I think it's nice that we try to strive for a high quality, and while you are
correct this is maybe not the most pressing issue, I think it's nice to get a
cleanup like this done.

I'd argue that this is a trivial change. If you are worried, let's get a couple
of more reviewers. I can't see the need to split this up per area.