On Thu, 3 Mar 2022 12:36:33 GMT, zzambers <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> Fixed API Note in javadoc for javax.net.ssl.SSLSocket class. API Note was
>> introduced by JDK-8208526 [1]. At that point both Socket.shutdownInput() /
>> Socket.shutdownOutput() and InputStream.close() / OutputStream.close()
>> performed half-close of TLS-1.3 connection. However this behaviour has
>> changed as result of JDK-8216326 [2]. InputStream.close() /
>> OutputStream.close() no longer perform half-close but full socket close, but
>> API Note was never updated.
>>
>> [1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208526
>> [2] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8216326
>
> zzambers has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Updated copyright for SSLSocket.java

There are more changes needed, and should probably be done as part of this
issue since we're already in this code anyway.  The current code only talks
about shutdownInput/shutdownOutput, but makes no mention of the duplex close(),
which is the other way to shutdown the SSLSocket.  It only needs a few words.

https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/security-dev/2022-March/029167.html

These two changes will require a CSR to update the @apiNote.