Hello,

With a number of efforts to update various class hierarchies in the JDK to sealed classes, I wrote an annotation processor to find candidates to be changed to sealed. The candidates for this analysis are non-final public classes with at least one package access constructor and no public constructors. That is, the candidate class cannot be generally subclassable.

Several dozen candidates were identified and listed in JDK-8283414, including two cases where changing the classes in question to sealed was already out for review (JDK-8282536 and JDK-8283237).

I've created subtasks for a number of other cases in core-libs; the cases in security libs could also be reviewed.

-Joe