On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:39:50 GMT, Xue-Lei Andrew Fan <xue...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Did you want to correct the verify testing so that it could
> accept trimmed signature?  Or do not trimming the extra zeros
> of the signature any longer?  I did not get the point from the
> patch.

The test is correct.
Perhaps a clear explanation is if the signature length is greater or less than
expected an exception should be thrown for the length being wrong instead of
trying to verify the signature.  In the particular test, zeros at the end of a
too long signature, can get trimmed by BigInteger and the signature checked
which should have been rejected before processing.