On 26/04/2022 8:10 pm, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 26/04/2022 10:06, Peter Firmstone wrote:
:

What about ensuring that all network access occurs through a single location that we can instrument?

Network, file, and process launch are potentially interesting but instrumenting them to run arbitrary code may be problematic (for the same reasons that custom security managers can be problematic).

-Alan

A service provider? Don't specify that's it's for security, just for intercepting network, file and process launching.

"can" is the key word here.    The problems are manageable when you know about them.  If a developer isn't aware, it could create nasty surprises.  So can't we document the gotchas?

Regards,

Peter.