On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 02:59:48 GMT, Valerie Peng <valer...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is to update the method javadoc of
> java.security.Signature.getParameters() with the missing `@throws
> UnsupportedOperationException`. In addition, the wording on the returned
> parameters are updated to match those in Cipher and CipherSpi classes.
>
> CSR will be filed later.
>
> Thanks,
> Valerie

src/java.base/share/classes/java/security/Signature.java line 1015:

> 1013:      * parameters were not supplied and the underlying signature
> implementation
> 1014:      * can generate the parameter values, it will be returned.
> Otherwise,
> 1015:      * {@code null} is returned.

If we cannot guarantee anything but just want to clarify. how about just say
"The returned parameters is a combination of user-provided values, default
values, and/or random values used by the underlying signature implementation.
It can also be {@code null} if there's none."

src/java.base/share/classes/java/security/Signature.java line 1510:

> 1508:             try {
> 1509:                 return cipher.doFinal();
> 1510:             } catch (IllegalBlockSizeException | BadPaddingException e)
> {

Is this a revert of a recent fix from someone else?