On Wed, 1 Jun 2022 21:07:16 GMT, Xue-Lei Andrew Fan <xue...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is a follow up update per comments in [JDK-8287384
>> PR](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/8907).  The tier1 and tier2 test in
>> open part looks good to me.  Please help to run Mach5 just case the closed
>> test cases are impacted.
>
> Xue-Lei Andrew Fan has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   back to wait 1 second

My macOS (M1) and Linux (CentOS) may be too powerful to reproduce the failure.
I tried to set the JTREG time out to 60 seconds, and the timeout issue could be
reproduced.  In
`test/jdk/java/lang/invoke/defineHiddenClass/UnloadingTest.java`, there are 6
calls to the method `assertFalse(unloader.tryUnload())`.  Each call to
tryUnload() takes at least 10 seconds.  So the 6 calls takes 60 seconds at
least.   If I set the regression timeout value to 70 seconds, the test still
can pass.   It implies the rest part other than tryUnload() is pretty fast.

It looks like a regression introduced with the update for
[JDK-8287384](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8287384).  I did not
fine the cause yet.  I will have more checking tomorrow.