Von: core-libs-dev <core-libs-dev-r...@openjdk.java.net> im Auftrag von
Matthias Baesken <mbaes...@openjdk.java.net>
Gesendet: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 1:36:36 PM
An: core-libs-...@openjdk.java.net <core-libs-...@openjdk.java.net>;
security-dev@openjdk.java.net <security-dev@openjdk.java.net>
Betreff: Re: RFR: JDK-8288207: Enhance MalformedURLException in Uri.parseCompat
[v3]

> When trying to construct an LdapURL object with a bad input string (in this
> example the _ in ad_jbs is causing issues), and not using
> the backward compatibility flag -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldapURLParsing="legacy" we run
> into the exception below :
>
> import com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapURL;
> String url = "ldap://ad_jbs.ttt.net:389/xyz";; // bad input string containing _
> LdapURL ldapUrl = new LdapURL(url);
>

> java --add-opens java.naming/com.sun.jndi.ldap=ALL-UNNAMED LdapParseUrlTest
> Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot parse url:
> ldap://ad_jbs.ttt.net:389/xyz [Root exception is
> java.net.MalformedURLException: unsupported authority: ad_jbs.ttt.net:389]
> at java.naming/com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapURL.<init>(LdapURL.java:115)
> at LdapParseUrlTest.main(LdapParseUrlTest.java:9)
> Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: unsupported authority:
> ad_jbs.ttt.net:389
> at java.naming/com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.Uri.parseCompat(Uri.java:367)
> at java.naming/com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.Uri.parse(Uri.java:230)
> at java.naming/com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.Uri.init(Uri.java:174)
> at java.naming/com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapURL.<init>(LdapURL.java:105)
>
> I would like to add the host and port info to the exception (in the example
> it is host:port of URI:null:-1] ) so that it is directly visible that the
> input caused the construction of a URI
> with "special"/problematic host and port values.

Matthias Baesken has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  fix copy paste error

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9126/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9126/files/1050c724..bdbe2204

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=9126&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=9126&range=01-02

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/9126/head:pull/9126

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9126