On 7 Jun 2000, 11:09, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Does anyone know a web page that shows info on Milton sterilizing fluid
> ? All I know is that it is made by P&G and it's for sterilizing baby's
> bottles.

cite: http://www.smtl.co.uk/WMPRC/DressingsTimes/vol1.3.txt

<quote>

Milton solution (Richardson Merrell Ltd.) is a commercially available
product containing 1% sodium hypochlorite and 16.5% sodium chloride. It
is widely used as a 1 in 80 dilution  to sterilise babies feeding
utensils and a 1 in 20 solution is isotonic with body fluids.  For
wound  management applications, a 1 in 4 dilution of Milton is
generally used. This contains 0.25% w/v available chlorine and has a pH
of 10.5-11.2. Despite the difference in the pH of the two solutions,
this dilution of Milton is often supplied as a Eusol equivalent.
Because of its high pH, the diluted solution is stable for several
months in unopened containers.

<end quote>

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]