I adore Pegaus and used to use it all the time.

It got into a fight with my system though and it blew the TCP/IP stack every
day.  Actually, I have a hunch it's a bad interaction with my ISP but I'm
not sure.

I hope I can use it on my new computer without the same problem.  It is more
of a "tech's dream" because you can make it complicated (as I did) or
extremely easy.  It is not very accessible to the blind, however.

Eudora is accessible to the blind and very easy to use.  I think that's
probably the mail system of choice for most people.  It does not have all
the options Pegasus allows, but most people find it more than adequate.

Pegasus is free, so that's an added benefit.  And it is free without
commercials.

Good luck to you in chosing a new mailer.  I hope I get my old one back.
(grin)

Regards,
Marsha Graham