On 10 May 2001, at 20:50, George wrote:

> Hi, I intend to pursue graduate degree in Library and Information
> Science in the USA. Now I'm preparing my Statement of Purpose and
> need to find out my specific research interest in the general field
> of Library and Information Science. Can you guy recommend a reading
> list or bibliography, websites, important authors for me to find out
> in the local library? Any reading related to library and
> information study will be welcome...:-)

About.com's "Librarians and Library Science" site would probably be
your best first stop on the web:

http://librarians.about.com/careers/librarians/

~~

You might make a visit to the American Society for Information
Science Home Page:

http://www.asis.org/

~~

Here is a resource rich Information Sciences site with several links
for you to explore:

http://www.lub.lu.se/netlab/documents/lisres.html

~~

Here is another site to explore....US National Commission on
Libraries and Information Science.

http://www.nclis.gov/

~~

And lastly, make a stop at Yahoo's Library and Information Science
page to find more research avenues:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Reference/Libraries/
Library_and_Information_Science/

Note: The above URL is actually one continuous line and should be
entered into your browser's address box as one line.

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]