Dear all,

I use CONDET to detect earthquakes in a network that includes sequential
deployments of ocean-bottom stations.  The data are in a SDS archive and my
SEISAN.DEF file is full of ARC_CHAN lines indicating their limited date ranges.
 This is really useful when I use MULPLT, but it doesn't seem that CONDET takes
advantage of these date ranges and so my screen is full of messages about files
not found for dates that are outside of those stations date ranges.  I suspect
that this slows down the processing, as only 1/5 of the stations are operating
at any given time.  I imagine that CONDET simply wasn't updated with the code
to check date ranges.  If it's easy to fix, I'd appreciate it in the next
release of SEISAN.  If I'm doing something else wrong, I'd love to hear about
it.

On a similar but more difficult note, CONDET appears to read in all data from a
give time range, then only process the data for one station.  I understand that
this is to allow continuity of the STA and LTA calculations but, if there is no
way to avoid reading all of the stations at once, it might be significantly
faster to process all the stations in this time frame and assign buffers to
hold the ending STA and LTA data for each station in that time range.  This is
not so easy with the statically assigned arrays of FORTRAN77, but in case
anyone gets motivated...

Regards
Wayne