On Oct 20, 2015 7:46 AM, "Stephen Smalley" <s...@tycho.nsa.gov> wrote:

> On 10/20/2015 08:27 AM, Richard Haines wrote:

>>> selabel_digest(3)

>>> however as

>>> selinux_restorecon

>>> Wondering if dependency on openssl might be a license issue for Debian
>>> or others.  Apparently openssl license is considered GPL-incompatible
>>> [1] [2], and obviously libselinux is linked by a variety of GPL-licensed
>>> programs.  Fedora seems to view this as falling under the system library
>>> exception [3] but not clear that other distributions would view it that
>>> way.  On the other hand, using gnutls would be subject to the reverse
>>> problem; it would make libselinux depend on a LGPL library, and that
>>> could create issues for non-GPL programs that statically link
>>> libselinux.  We might need to revert this change and revisit how to
>>

>>> solve this in a manner that avoids such issues.
>>

>> Would building with the Android mincrypt SHA functions help regarding the
>> licensing issues ??? I've attached a quick patch that seems to work okay
>> using Android system/core/libmincrypt/sha.c
>

> That looks BSD-licensed and thus broadly compatible.  We would need to
amend libselinux/LICENSE to add that license information and we would need
to hide those functions from being exposed outside of the library.  Other
alternative would be to look for a public domain SHA implementation and use
that.

Will CryptLib work:
http://unlicense.org/